PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touchpro 2
Carrier: sprint

Rekdon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 09.04.10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2018).No RSS.No CFC.No LZX.No BL.No LOL

I love your roms because they provide the perfect mix of being flashy and fly and stable BUT i've been having a problem with your latest two pluto cookie roms of random soft resets usually after i send a text message or other incredibly important times. I'm a flashhead and i always flash each update you put up so it might be because of the multiple flashes or me being a noobdouche either way please help without lots o flame.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Sprint

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt
Re: 09.04.10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2018).No RSS.No CFC.No LZX.No BL.No LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekdon View Post
I love your roms because they provide the perfect mix of being flashy and fly and stable BUT i've been having a problem with your latest two pluto cookie roms of random soft resets usually after i send a text message or other incredibly important times. I'm a flashhead and i always flash each update you put up so it might be because of the multiple flashes or me being a noobdouche either way please help without lots o flame.
I don't use the pluto rom's, but you did mention you flash alot. Have you ever used the tool "Task29" before you flash a rom? What Task29 does is basically reformats the ROM so when you flash a new one, there is none of the previous rom left over on your phone. Do a search on Task29 if you are not familiar with it. I use it before i flash a new rom, and its very easy. You just flash it like any other rom..

Oh, i have it here, i'll just attach it cuz i know these forums are a mess...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Task29.zip (452.9 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

[QUOTE=darren.wlsn1;1939496]you tried different radios?

i am about to flash the new sprint radio2.32wf i still have the 6.1 stock radio 1.96wf
will let you know if it works out

Last edited by timetraveler; 09-10-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by l21matt View Post
I don't use the pluto rom's, but you did mention you flash alot. Have you ever used the tool "Task29" before you flash a rom? What Task29 does is basically reformats the ROM so when you flash a new one, there is none of the previous rom left over on your phone. Do a search on Task29 if you are not familiar with it. I use it before i flash a new rom, and its very easy. You just flash it like any other rom..

Oh, i have it here, i'll just attach it cuz i know these forums are a mess...
One thing I might add: Since you're formatting your internal memory, there will be no rom to load. You will be stuck at the startup screen(no rom). I see a lot of ppl then taking off the back cover to get into the boot loader manually. There is a trick that saves time. When the phone is getting close to 100% in task 29, hold down the volume button and you will be brought back into bootloader. Then flash away your new rom
Old 09-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I installed a No Curtains for Manila.cab but it doesn't seem to be working, the taskbar and bottom still are opaque black. Which CAB(s) will work with 8.20.V2 Pluto NO CHT ??
Old 09-10-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
One thing I might add: Since you're formatting your internal memory, there will be no rom to load. You will be stuck at the startup screen(no rom). I see a lot of ppl then taking off the back cover to get into the boot loader manually. There is a trick that saves time. When the phone is getting close to 100% in task 29, hold down the volume button and you will be brought back into bootloader. Then flash away your new rom
Yeah i forgot to add that! Thanks I figured out that trick like on my 50th flash lol.. Now i hardly ever take my back cover off
Old 09-10-2010, 03:20 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
I installed a No Curtains for Manila.cab but it doesn't seem to be working, the taskbar and bottom still are opaque black. Which CAB(s) will work with 8.20.V2 Pluto NO CHT ??
this one works.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Manila 2.5 NoCurtain`s.cab (83.9 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Cresco299 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
When the phone is getting close to 100% in task 29, hold down the volume button and you will be brought back into bootloader. Then flash away your new rom

Hot Diggity - That's the BEST tip I've heard in a while! My wife got me the bodyglove case and while it's nice, I hate having to remove it constantly to pull the battery out with every Task29. I was certain I would break the little tabs that holds it to my phone one of these days.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
this one works.
Dang, still doesn't do it!

Old 09-10-2010, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresco299 View Post
Hot Diggity - That's the BEST tip I've heard in a while! My wife got me the bodyglove case and while it's nice, I hate having to remove it constantly to pull the battery out with every Task29. I was certain I would break the little tabs that holds it to my phone one of these days.
My friend has an Omnia and it has the reset button easily found on the top of the phone.. I wish HTC made it a little easier to access... Especially on their winmo phones lol

I melted a hole in the batt cover so now i can just poke it with the styli... I use a knock off bodyglove and am depressed on how cheap those 3 little tabs are holding it to the phone...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development