PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 01:08 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 07/24/10 Update**VINdows Phone**(Sense 2016)

Its Pluto.I was drinking too much tonight,sorry lol
Old 07-25-2010, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo, TP2, Mogul
Carrier: SpRinT SpeeD!

BiG JeW is keeping up the good workBiG JeW is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to BiG JeW Send a message via Skype™ to BiG JeW

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Its Pluto.I was drinking too much tonight,sorry lol
LoL.. thanks..,. Been running your ROMS for quite a while now... Thanks for all the hard work.. Dropped Mighty ROMS after I tried your ROMs months ago. Neo V1 in 2/10... Keep u the great work.. thanks again and have another one on me.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks Darren, Willy, and Young. itony I hit the thanks as well. Vin, I try to thank you every chance I get.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:27 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS
Threadstarter

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Here is all wallpapers I was using for win mo themes.
Also if you guys have wallpapers I can make a .tsk themes from them.Its easy to do with wince cab manager.
Normally Im using classic blue as a donor.If somebody interested,I can write small tut how to make own winmo theme
Attached Files
File Type: zip WALLS.zip (882.9 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by vin255764; 07-25-2010 at 01:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

haha thanks to all that thanked me and i try to send it right back at yah and to you neute. man, i wonder if this is the number 1 thanking thread at ppcgeeks

it's all thanks to you vin!
Old 07-25-2010, 02:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Dimahnbloe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDimahnbloe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDimahnbloe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDimahnbloe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey Vin, been using your rom for about 6 months now, but I have never chimed in to say thanks and couldn't donate to show my appreciation due to financial circumstances. Was finally able to get another web development job just a few days ago and will show my appreciation for your work next Friday.

I must say your roms are usually pretty good, but I feel like I have to share and recommend two specific builds that I am completely blown away by because you hit the mark on all the right areas.

Jun 22 neodium (21905): This is by far the best ROM on this board by miles...

Strengths:
3D drivers - This is this roms strength and what sets it apart from everything else. After updating to your roms, normally the first thing that I do is check 3D performance by using the "TEST OpenGL" bench marking tool. This Neodium build scores 9400+ on the second test (torus (3k triangles) one light) of this benchmark. To give you an idea of how good this is, the highest any other Neodium build that I have test scores was a little over 8600. Most other Neoduim builds score less than 8000 and I have ran into sum that scored less than 7000. This build also got 21103 kPixels/s on the alpha texture, 20522 kpixels/s on color bending, and 11862 for sub texture. Google Maps, Bing, IGO8, TomTom all seem to love this build. Zooming in on maps is a piece of cake, the IGO and TomTom interfaces are snappy as hell. The general stellar 3D performance on most of your roms is the reason you seem to be able to get away with using a page pool of 12 and see no drop off in performance. It is also why most people see no real noticeable increase unless the 3d performance tested below that 8000 mark on the second test.

Sense 2.5 - I am not 100 percent sure if this is true or not but performance on the above mentioned test seems to be directly proportional to how smooth sense behaves. With the off the wall 3d performance of this build Sense 2.5 is just... just.. Sick!! For me this is the only sense build that seems to maintain its performance even when all the quick links are populated and weather animations are on. The clouds and rain animations DO NOT STUTTER OR SLOW DOWN on this build when sliding my thumb up and down on the home screen. This is still the only build to Date of Any ROM out there that can do this for me. This also one of the few build out there that give ME NO tearing or crawling of images and icons on the SMS, Home, and Internet Tabs as I slide through them.

Memory: There is not much to say about memory performance because for me this is the hallmark of all Neodium Builds. Memory performance is the best of any other Cooked Roms that I have tried. Typically I get only 44 percent used up and close to 60 percent available after a fresh flash. Correct me if I am wrong but this neoduim build fields like it' has the signature of Caulkins builds. Memory performance of Neoduim will make your last Neoduim build the last time a flash my phone.

CPU Scaling: I was not able to test this until the over clock tool came out but this build also seems to respond better to being over clocked than other builds. When over clocked Sense 2.5 on this build seems to be faster and even smoother than usual. It almost feels like my girlfriends HD2 on Energy's latest ROM. Going back to the 3D Benchmark mentioned above. I get very close to 12000 on this build when over clocked to the max 784mhz, on other builds even the ones that get close to 8600 without over clock, I can't seem to break the 10k's.

Weaknesses
OS: The 21905 build is stable but definitely not the fastest OS out there. The fastest OS that I have experienced to Date is 21899 by leaps and bounds. If you read this VIN, I would Pay handsomely (seriously PM if you can do this) to get the 21899 bolted on to this along with sense 2016 and change nothing else.

July 23 Neodium (21911):
Normally this rom would go down as an average rom in my opinion due to 3d performance on the second test hitting just a little over 8300 but... but.. Man, you have done some voodoo magic on this one when it comes to memory performance.

This is the only build that I have test from you that does not seem to get effected by enabling AGPS, Quick GPS, Location, Whether Tab, SMS and Emails Tabs, and installing the Document viewer tab.

Normally when after a flash I will start off at 43 to 46 percentage of memory used and when I use my phone to restore SMS messages, Email messages, contacts, and other things. I loose about 8% if memory or about 10 to 12 megs even after a reboot.

With this build of Neodium, I boot up at on 45-46 percent used even after loading all of the above and enabling weather, gps, and location services. I was shocked finding out that even after load opera and visiting quite a few websites that my memory used was still only at 58%. Normally Just starting opera puts me in the 72% percent range immediately.

At first I thought No way... Vin probably forgot to set page pool. But to my surprise after checking page pool, it was at its usual 12mb.

All in all, I AM LOVING this July 23 ROM for its memory performance and it may keep me off the June 22 21905. But I am definitely missing the 3d performance and smoothness from that build, but you can't have it all.

Just wanted to share my experiences and give a quick review of 2 very nice builds. If you want to run test on your own I have attached the test opengl tool below. I did not make this tool and take no credit for it. Just found it on my journeys around ppcgeeks.

By the way does anybody have a cab that can manually update the 3D drivers for TP2. There are a few cabs out there to do so, but they always seem to either not work at all or degrade the performance of the TP2. Most places say all that needs to be done is to simply disable sense before installing but that does not work either. Iv'e tried Chainfire-HD2-3D-Driver-Patch-1.1.cab, Mikenificent blackstone cab, Topaz_20D3DM.cab, and At0mAng_Enhanced_D3D_Driver.cab, Neo2007 Driverpack_signed_2010.cab

Attached Files
File Type: cab TestOpenGL[1].CAB (97.6 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 23 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

IMO...best first post ever!

Nice job dimahnbloe

Last edited by willyjay; 07-25-2010 at 03:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:36 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

That's his first post? damn. Thanked!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That honestly IS an amazing writeup for a first post!! OR any other post for that matter. As much has he knows about this stuff he should go from lurker to about 3 levels higher after just the first one - OR could it actually be VIN working under an assumed name? Just kidding - Great job Dimahnbloe!!! We should have more truly informative posts like this. Please don't let this one be your last . . .
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:31 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by itony View Post
if only i was vip *sigh...it'll probably take me 10 years if that lol
Hahaaa!! I remember when I felt like that. I dont know why I wanted to be VIP so bad, but now Im glad I finally made it!! Like I said Darrens informative thread is well worth the effort!! All I can suggest is to start a gay love chat room on here and you and your lover just post sweet nothings back and forth. Isnt that right Darren???

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
lol...i'll hit it for you!
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuteboomt View Post
Thanks Darren, Willy, and Young. itony I hit the thanks as well. Vin, I try to thank you every chance I get.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Here is all wallpapers I was using for win mo themes.
Also if you guys have wallpapers I can make a .tsk themes from them.Its easy to do with wince cab manager.
Normally Im using classic blue as a donor.If somebody interested,I can write small tut how to make own winmo theme
Yeah a tut would be great!! I have a few wallpapers that I would like to make into .tsk themes. Also when making these will it change the softkey buttons too?? Last question.. When installing an app how does one change the color of the progress bar? Like how did you change it to blue? I installed a cab that changes the softkey buttons..Thanks to Darren....And now the progress bar turned back green. I love the softkey bars and loved the blue. Any way to change it back? Not a big issue if I cant. Just was curious and thought Id ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itony View Post
haha thanks to all that thanked me and i try to send it right back at yah and to you neute. man, i wonder if this is the number 1 thanking thread at ppcgeeks

it's all thanks to you vin!
Yeah I think it is. VIN is such a cool dude and cares about his ROM and "fans" that it shows through his thread. I have visited many other threads and none of them Ive seen has as many thanked posts as this one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
IMO...best first post ever!

Nice job dimahnbloe
Yes man I agree 100%!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
That's his first post? damn. Thanked!
Yup! +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
That honestly IS an amazing writeup for a first post!! OR any other post for that matter. As much has he knows about this stuff he should go from lurker to about 3 levels higher after just the first one - OR could it actually be VIN working under an assumed name? Just kidding - Great job Dimahnbloe!!! We should have more truly informative posts like this. Please don't let this one be your last . . .
+1

Last edited by youngpro83; 07-25-2010 at 08:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development