PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do You Use This Rom Fulltime?
Yes, This is what winmo 6.1 was made for.. Manila 2.5 72 40.68%
No, would never agian use a winmo 6.1 rom!! 71 40.11%
I have used it, but hate Winmo 6.1 34 19.21%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Blackout Rom|Manilla 2.5|WinMo 6.1|(Global 2.5)|3.5.10|All CDMA Carrier Support|

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebeexee View Post
One question though: how do I change the background for landscape mode? I can't quite figure it out. I would like to use the same default portrait background for landscape also. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
blanking on the name of the file, but it is a jpg in the windows directory. There will be two with identical beginnings but one ends 800x480 and the other ends 480x800.

One is the portrait background th other is the landscape background. You will need to edit the portrait one on your computer to create a landscape version and then replace the landscape file on the phone.

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Thumbs up Re: Blackout Rom|Manilla 2.5|WinMo 6.1|(Global 2.5)|3.5.10|All CDMA Carrier Support|

Quote:
After using this ROM for a few days with NO problems, I have to concur with all the others saying this is by far the BEST ROM available for the Touch Pro2. The only items on my personal wish list are the larger drop-down Start Menu and the email scrolling. Other than that, I can't think of anything I'd change.

One question though: how do I change the background for landscape mode? I can't quite figure it out. I would like to use the same default portrait background for landscape also. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
ok i am looking into the large start menu and email scrolling! now the issuse with the manila landscape wallpaper is a problem i think all chefs are having but i am working to fix that!!

sfxc13
hey thanks for repping Blackout rom nice sig graphic!!! i had to thank you for that!!

this is a list of problems i am working to fix:
email scrolling
enlarged start menu and/or 6.1 start menu replacement!
landscrape wallpaper fix (at first boot)
also a skinned keyboard with no side effects!!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 03-11-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Something

seebeexee is becoming a great contributor
Re: Blackout Rom|Manilla 2.5|WinMo 6.1|(Global 2.5)|3.5.10|All CDMA Carrier Support|

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
blanking on the name of the file, but it is a jpg in the windows directory. There will be two with identical beginnings but one ends 800x480 and the other ends 480x800.

One is the portrait background th other is the landscape background. You will need to edit the portrait one on your computer to create a landscape version and then replace the landscape file on the phone.
I found the two JPGs you mentioned, (named RunCC_default_bg_480_800.jpg) but editing and renaming the portrait one for landscape (followed by a soft reset) didn't work. I'm still getting what appears to be parts of 2 different pictures (the dartboard and black background mix). It must have something to do with the issue Adrianh85 mentions below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
ok i am looking into the large start menu and email scrolling! now the issuse with the manila landscape wallpaper is a problem i think all chefs are having but i am working to fix that!!

this is a list of problems i am working to fix:
email scrolling
enlarged start menu and/or 6.1 start menu replacement!
landscrape wallpaper fix (at first boot)

I noticed that several postings back you mentioned you're working on the email scrolling issue. I wasn't trying to be pushy -- I was just adding my $0.02. This truly is an excellent ROM and I'm loving it.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I found the two JPGs you mentioned, (named RunCC_default_bg_480_800.jpg) but editing and renaming the portrait one for landscape (followed by a soft reset) didn't work. I'm still getting what appears to be parts of 2 different pictures (the dartboard and black background mix). It must have something to do with the issue Adrianh85 mentions below.
u will have a hard time finding it because its a manila file that u are trying to change! the landscape wallpaper is made up from like 3-4 different manila files and so far i havent compiled them correctly to have a complete landscape pic!! the dart board was from my first failed attempt to correct the problem and the current wallpaper was my second attempt!!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Something

seebeexee is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
u will have a hard time finding it because its a manila file that u are trying to change!
Thanks for the info. I'll leave it to you chefs to cook up a solution.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
sfxc13
hey thanks for repping Blackout rom nice sig graphic!!! i had to thank you for that!!
For anybody else who wants to add the blackout rom to their signature the image is located at: http://mobile.gregsj.com/blackout.png

if you want it to link to the post or thread the code looks like this
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
For anybody else who wants to add the blackout rom to their signature the image is located at: http://mobile.gregsj.com/blackout.png

if you want it to link to the post or thread the code looks like this
Great work!!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work

some issues I am having that I want to see is isolated to me

1. clicking on links in the twitter tab does nothing, it will not goto the web link

2. launching opera, it will fire up, I enter a web page and half the time it crashes. this happened 3 consecutive times trying to view the sense gtx thread on wmpowerusers.com

3. sometimes my sms tab will count new messages and it will show 60 or so new texts on the tab, restarting it goes back to zero

also, anyway to cook in 4 quick link at least 12 quick links? I think the smaller icons would be better because they are all a little distorted at normal size

Still running this after trying a few others

thanks
Old 03-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper8u2 View Post

1. clicking on links in the twitter tab does nothing, it will not goto the web link

2. launching opera, it will fire up, I enter a web page and half the time it crashes. this happened 3 consecutive times trying to view the sense gtx thread on wmpowerusers.com

3. sometimes my sms tab will count new messages and it will show 60 or so new texts on the tab, restarting it goes back to zero

also, anyway to cook in 4 quick link at least 12 quick links? I think the smaller icons would be better because they are all a little distorted at normal size

thanks
1. let me sign up for a twitter account so i can test/debug

2. i have never had opera problems with my rom. what are u installing and could it be the website?

3 this is done so no one will have phantom sms if u go into the default winmo sms client it will show ur unread sms/mms as them being in bold

and who makes the 4x3 quick links manila files if u know so i can add that in my next update?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tahlsr is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper8u2 View Post

thanks
Don't use twitter and have not had Opera or SMS issues : (
One thing I did notice that I don't think is particular to this rom though is:
If I get a txt message and click the top notification bar, the notifications popup and I see that I have a new txt but finger clicking the txt notification doesn't bring up the txt as I would suspect it should. Interestingly enough, finger clicking on a new email or reminder works as expected. I'm on Sprint and think this may be a known Sense issue. Just figured I'd mention it in case someone knows of a fix.

As I'm typing this I just realized something wonderful. I don't think I've reset my phone for like 4 days. whoa. New record!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
21056, 6.1, blackout rom, manila 2.5, manilla 2.5, sense 2.5, sprint, wiki