PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do You Use This Rom Fulltime?
Yes, This is what winmo 6.1 was made for.. Manila 2.5 72 40.68%
No, would never agian use a winmo 6.1 rom!! 71 40.11%
I have used it, but hate Winmo 6.1 34 19.21%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpatcas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycxhobbes View Post
has anyone found a way to enable the start menu like the one found in the stock TF3D? i found one cab that seemed to work for 6.5 (i didn't try it but it said in the post.) I am using the rom on post 3 and I like it so far but I wish it would have the start menu like the stock one if im going back to 6.1
Are you reffering to the Manilla Start menu? with the program shortcuts? That menu is only on manilla 2.1 from what i know, but i will look into it.
i tried to enable it and added the package for last night and it cases the start menu to frezze! i have a update to my rom but my ftp site is not allowing me to login hopefully i will upload the rom this evening!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

legendaryagate is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to legendaryagate
Re: Winmo 6.1 Leo Manilla Joint Effort

This rom is great but after a few days of use i noticed small things that may or may not be able to be fixed. I am using the rom off of the second post and using verizon provisionals as i have a verizon tp2. The two problems i have is when i am on the picture tab and flip through the pictures sliding my finger from the bottom of the screen then up the pictures lag on the animation. On the other hand, going the opposite way the animation does not lag as all and moves as normal.

My second problem I believe is a manila problem, but when i am on the music tab, and i rotate the screen the coverflow is very laggy.

Other than that great rom and I will always use this rom.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cmai is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmai View Post
The third post. I will try the second post tonight.

Thank you.
I tried the second post and I still get a DRM error message.

Thank you.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

avirnig is a n00b

well, all was well till this morning. for some reason, windows media player no longer has sound when i play my files in it. core player i still have the video lag issue, but at least there is sound there. i even tried a hard reset to see if that would fix it... no go.

i really dont see what happened that would break sound like that. and before you ask, i have bluetooth completely shut off, so its not trying to play it on some bluetooth device.

im going to try re flashing and see if that doesnt fix it.

flashing didnt fix the problem. the audio plays fine through the bluetooth, but not through the on-board speaker, when bluetooth is not being used. not sure why.

also, i am experiencing random lockups when i use programs such as opera and also any time i pause that movie in media player.

i think i will go back to juicyrom for now, at least until they have the kinks worked out and its a more stable OS.

Last edited by avirnig; 01-13-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ID10T is just getting started

I am loving this ROM! Having 2.5 function so fast & smooth is great! I mainly use SiriusWM6 & iGO 8 along w/ a few others so this is perfect for me Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryagate View Post
This rom is great but after a few days of use i noticed small things that may or may not be able to be fixed. I am using the rom off of the second post and using verizon provisionals as i have a verizon tp2. The two problems i have is when i am on the picture tab and flip through the pictures sliding my finger from the bottom of the screen then up the pictures lag on the animation. On the other hand, going the opposite way the animation does not lag as all and moves as normal.

My second problem I believe is a manila problem, but when i am on the music tab, and i rotate the screen the coverflow is very laggy.

Other than that great rom and I will always use this rom.
both problems u speack of sound like manilla issues dealing with our processer!! i will look into it but that problem might be present in all manilla roms until there is a ported manilla verison that corrects it!!

Quote:
I tried the second post and I still get a DRM error message.

Thank you.
i dont have any files with drm to test/debug this issue!! are those files that u have bought for online stores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avirnig View Post
well, all was well till this morning. for some reason, windows media player no longer has sound when i play my files in it. core player i still have the video lag issue, but at least there is sound there. i even tried a hard reset to see if that would fix it... no go.

i really dont see what happened that would break sound like that. and before you ask, i have bluetooth completely shut off, so its not trying to play it on some bluetooth device.

im going to try re flashing and see if that doesnt fix it.

flashing didnt fix the problem. the audio plays fine through the bluetooth, but not through the on-board speaker, when bluetooth is not being used. not sure why.

also, i am experiencing random lockups when i use programs such as opera and also any time i pause that movie in media player.

i think i will go back to juicyrom for now, at least until they have the kinks worked out and its a more stable OS.
im tring to work out the media player issues right now along with this i found that nether of the youtube programs will work(they just reboot the phone)! i am looking into the issue now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID10T View Post
I am loving this ROM! Having 2.5 function so fast & smooth is great! I mainly use SiriusWM6 & iGO 8 along w/ a few others so this is perfect for me Thanks!
great to hear u are enjoying the rom!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmai is a n00b

They are from the public library eaudiobook files that I download to listen to. It works in the default sprint rom.

Thank you.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
They are from the public library eaudiobook files that I download to listen to. It works in the default sprint rom.

Thank you.
pm me so i can get one from u and test it out
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Zoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm still looking for a way to disable the HTC messaging. I've tried both the roms but there's no way I can disable it.

In theory, when I click a message from the manila tab, I would like the WM messaging client (tmail) to open and NOT the HTC/Manila messaging client.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:02 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

im intrigued by this rom, but question...

how fast is manila 2.5 really compared to the rest??? thats my main concern and id like to think that 6.1 should make it fly

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
21056, 6.1, blackout rom, manila 2.5, manilla 2.5, sense 2.5, sprint, wiki