PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 06:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |MalROM|WM6.5.3 (23518)|WM6.5 (21889) [Jan 14th]

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
in sounds/notifications, when i select for texts to show onscreen, they will for an hour then the box is unchecked somehow. not after softreset either.
Sounds kinda like the issues with vibrate and ring not sticking and needing a cab to make it stick, but then that "locks" certain things in the advanced tab under phone. Maybe Mal can take a look at it and figure out what gives. I don't have the show on screen set. Seems like something funky is going on with many of the notifications... Have you tried the cab Mal posted earlier for ring/vib that's included in the rom now? I wonder if running that will make the show on screen notification stick.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrowill View Post
I spent 8 hr going though all 120 pages of this Mal thread. Let me see if I got the main points:
1) should update hard unlocker as firmware update before upgrading rom
2) since I am Verizon, may need to install kb fix?
3) appears that rom was fast and without issues in early builds but now has the
earmarks of all the major roms, ie. freezes, wrong location of items, need for
several cab and registry fixes.
4) I liked the advice to keep the roms clear of so many programs and have optional
cab installs
5) Is there a "sweet spot" in rom building where things are just right and no longer
need to have the newest and the greatest cooked in. If they need to be added
could this not be accomplished by reg edits and cab installs ( of course I realize
new revisions of OEM drivers, dll's etc. have to be put in).

6) I would like a few user replies before I try the 6.5 rom later tonight.
I am not sure exactly what your looking for, but, I have had the 6.5.x 2.1 since the minute mal realeased it. I have yet to have ANY issues with it. The only provisions I had to make was the MMS setup. Otherwise everything has been perfect. I have added a lot of personalization too it as well. Give it a try. If you don't like it, go back to stock. Your not out anything. No one is forcing you to change your rom.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:34 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvick2933 View Post
I am not sure exactly what your looking for, but, I have had the 6.5.x 2.1 since the minute mal realeased it. I have yet to have ANY issues with it. The only provisions I had to make was the MMS setup. Otherwise everything has been perfect. I have added a lot of personalization too it as well. Give it a try. If you don't like it, go back to stock. Your not out anything. No one is forcing you to change your rom.
hes on vzw, thats why hes asking, mal is a sprint guy and his roms atfirst were sprint only plus i think vzw users need the kb cab to remap hrd kb.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
hes on vzw, thats why hes asking, mal is a sprint guy and his roms atfirst were sprint only plus i think vzw users need the kb cab to remap hrd kb.
I'm sorry. I did't mean it as an attack. But sometimes you just havee to venture out there. I have tried 4 different rom versions from others and IMO they don't compare to MAL's.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:41 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
I'm sorry. I did't mean it as an attack. But sometimes you just havee to venture out there. I have tried 4 different rom versions from others and IMO they don't compare to MAL's.
not saying you did anything wrong, just saying why hes asking questions sprint users dont worry about.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Darren,

Is there a trick to getting the Opera 9.7 to work? I have tried 2 different versions, 1 being the version you posted in here and they both lock up on startup. Any idea? TIA.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:53 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Darren,

Is there a trick to getting the Opera 9.7 to work? I have tried 2 different versions, 1 being the version you posted in here and they both lock up on startup. Any idea? TIA.
i load that opera on each rom i flash on 2 tp2s and always load on mainmem then softreset.used it on 3 mal builds(titanium/6.5/6.53) are you loading it on mainmem?
you can also delete the whole opera folder in windows then try, that works also but on mals roms i never had to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
i load that opera on each rom i flash on 2 tp2s and always load on mainmem then softreset.used it on 3 mal builds(titanium/6.5/6.53) are you loading it on mainmem?
you can also delete the whole opera folder in windows then try, that works also but on mals roms i never had to.
That fixed it. I was installing on the storage card. The zoom cab for the zoom bar is also working perfectly. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

Could you post this zoom bar cab or direct me to it and thanks.

Gary
Old 01-17-2010, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnyc View Post
Could you post this zoom bar cab or direct me to it and thanks.

Gary
Here is the zoom bar cab. It only works with Opera 9.7 though.
Attached Files
File Type: cab enable opera 9.7 zoombar.cab (1.7 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development