PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 11:46 AM
neff

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Roms - Sense 2.5 WM6.5_21876_5.08 .-. 12/13/09

I am really liking this ROM. It is running a lot faster than I would have expected, great job man.

Three questions:
1) Is WinMo Marketplace not cooked in? I couldn't find it, and I wasn't sure if I wasnt looking in the right place
2) I noticed my phone was running a lot hotter with this rom than with others I have used. Is that just the nature of the beast when running TF3d2.5?
3) There seem to be a bunch of programs cooked in that I dont need. Will I mess stuff up removing them? (groovefish, some games, etc.)
Thanks.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Anyone have this Rom up and running stable/no lag with a VZW ? If so , what pagepool are you using. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfoota21 View Post
Anyone have this Rom up and running stable/no lag with a VZW ? If so , what pagepool are you using. Thanks.
yep,been using this rom since it's release!!!!!! pp is cooked in @ 6 plus it's where it needs to be for vzw

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:18 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by neff View Post
I am really liking this ROM. It is running a lot faster than I would have expected, great job man.

Three questions:
1) Is WinMo Marketplace not cooked in? I couldn't find it, and I wasn't sure if I wasnt looking in the right place
2) I noticed my phone was running a lot hotter with this rom than with others I have used. Is that just the nature of the beast when running TF3d2.5?
3) There seem to be a bunch of programs cooked in that I dont need. Will I mess stuff up removing them? (groovefish, some games, etc.)
Thanks.
1) I don't use it, I can look into adding it thought...

2) I don't have any heat issues that I'm aware of. Anyone else have this issue? Between the phone being a TP, tethering, and data use, those things will make the phone run abnormally warm. I burned up my first TP tethering. But I haven't had any issues lately...

3) Since their cooked in, you could remove them the best you can. Links and any \Program Files entries, but you've got a Sprint TP with a ton of memory. One of the best things about my roms is that while they have a ton of apps cooked in, they are apps that don't activate until you do! And groovefish is not running now anyways, I think it's an issue with the author. I'll dig into it tonight.

My roms usually come fully loaded with apps I run to make it functional for ME on a daily basis. Will I ever make a clean rom? Probably not... Anyone can download a kitchen and uncheck stuff and make a clean rom run fast. My gig is add usefull-stuff in and make it work in perfect harmony! What was that rom? Copper, where all it was was a shell and people scrambled trying to find a .cab of their favorite apps...

Old 12-15-2009, 12:24 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfoota21 View Post
This is supposedly THE ROM to run on veriZon now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
yep,been using this rom since it's release!!!!!! pp is cooked in @ 6 plus it's where it needs to be for vzw
...see?! numskull approved!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

stevenlinks is a n00b

i love this rom. i have been using it since yesterday. and now im not able to send messages, and i dont know why. anyone else with this problem?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenlinks View Post
i love this rom. i have been using it since yesterday. and now im not able to send messages, and i dont know why. anyone else with this problem?
have you installed Zenyee_Disable_HTC_Messaging_1.2.CAB,works for me everytime
Old 12-15-2009, 12:56 PM
N00b

stevenlinks is a n00b

thanks. do you have a link?
Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 PM
N00b

stevenlinks is a n00b

i also have a problem with my backlight going dim while im using the phone and the only way i can get it back up is to press the power button 2x. is there a fix for that?
Old 12-15-2009, 01:05 PM
neff

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
1) I don't use it, I can look into adding it thought...
Dont worry about adding it in. I have the cab somewhere on my machine.

Quote:
2) I don't have any heat issues that I'm aware of. Anyone else have this issue? Between the phone being a TP, tethering, and data use, those things will make the phone run abnormally warm. I burned up my first TP tethering. But I haven't had any issues lately...
It seems to have cooled down a bit from when I posted that. I guess it will just depend on my data usage.

Quote:
3) Since their cooked in, you could remove them the best you can. Links and any \Program Files entries, but you've got a Sprint TP with a ton of memory. One of the best things about my roms is that while they have a ton of apps cooked in, they are apps that don't activate until you do! And groovefish is not running now anyways, I think it's an issue with the author. I'll dig into it tonight.
I may try to cook myself a stripped down version once I get back to a pc (only have my mac right now). It is more me being OCD than anything else. I know there is more than enough memory on the phone for everything that is installed, but I get weirded out by extra menu items that I don't use. Hell, I can always just delete stuff, and HR if it gets all muxed up.

Thanks again man, this is a boss rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development