PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: RSTG Roms - Sense 2.5 WM6.5_21876_5.04 .-. 12/4/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Allright... In my absence I must have missed this whole...

? flashdance ?

...thing. Anyone care to explain and give me the skinny? This has gotta be good...
FLASHDANCE = flash to stock,hard reset,flash custom,hard reset

i come from the energy rom and he updates every 2-3 days sometimes, by doing the flashdance you ensure files aren't being written over into to the wrong location, you can hard reset but it will still write the files in the wrong location if they were written in the wrong place the first time, flashing custom rom to custom rom there is a chance at some point you will encounter this problem, on that thread alone i have noticed the ppl who dont flashdance are the ones with the same problems over and over, we suggest a flashdance and 85% of the time the re-occurring problem is solved,i skipped it a few times here and there,but i do it out of force of habit now lol, also it's just another 10 mins before i get to play again

Old 12-04-2009, 10:50 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
FLASHDANCE = flash to stock,hard reset,flash custom,hard reset
ROTFLMA! I have NEVER done that! As long as you pay atention and sit on your customization and don't let the "align screen" just sit there...That is so unnecessary, but each time is what...only 15 minutes of your life!

This hasn't applied since the Mogul days...lol!!! You all are running into problems with all the other auto-customization that goin on, before windows can set its self up. Just sit on your align-screen and wait for it.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Is Discombobulated!!

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community

i disagree but hey lol
the only auto customization i have ever used is whatever you chefs put in, i dont use sashmi or uc or microsoft my phone and yet have still had issues until doing so

Last edited by Straitup27; 12-04-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:14 PM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
i disagree but hey lol
the only auto customization i have ever used is whatever you chefs put in, i dont use sashmi or uc or microsoft my phone and yet have still had issues until doing so
I'm just saying... I'm too busy testing for all that flashdancing. This old man needs his minutes!

Do what you will, I opt not to flashdance. All that debating's gonna give ya all a heart attack!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: ACS Alaska

SNICKERD is a n00b

Connected to Active sync loving it..keep up the good work
Old 12-04-2009, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

illwafer is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to illwafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwafer View Post
just installed this bad boy. i have to say you're off to a good start with that boot screen.
man i got spbhome-rolled. here i go again.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Is Discombobulated!!

first off i love the rom!!! +1 on the task manager!! only have 3 issues after some testing,i haven't installed anything..........

1.4 out of the 12 quicklinks wont remove which is no biggie
2.changed wallpaper and it won't let me change any now
3. it appears i lost some ram lol,only question is do you think it's just the new task manager and i ask cause i had it maxed and the phone was still fine,i didn't get the "low memory" warning
i set the pp the same as i did on the last rom and it's just as fast and stable it seems so far............the numbers just say diff. any ideas????

Last edited by Straitup27; 12-05-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 --> Mogul --> Diamond --> TouchPro
Carrier: Sprint

imcoolerthanyouare77 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I'm just saying... I'm too busy testing for all that flashdancing. This old man needs his minutes!

Do what you will, I opt not to flashdance. All that debating's gonna give ya all a heart attack!

I agree about this whole "flashdance" stuff. I've tried what seems like a hundred custom ROMs from here and XDA since I got my TP a year ago, and the only time I put a stock back on was to check out the Sprint MR a while back (of course, that only lasted a few minutes).

I also don't hard reset after installing a new ROM, never have and see absolutely no purpose in it.

All seems kinda like blowing in the cartridges for the original Nintendo when I was a kid...did no good whatsoever, but made you feel like you had some control...
Old 12-05-2009, 12:23 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
first off i love the rom!!! +1 on the task manager!! only have 3 issues after some testing,i haven't installed anything..........

1.4 out of the 12 quicklinks wont remove which is no biggie
2.changed wallpaper and it won't let me change any now
3. it appears i lost some ram lol,only question is do you think it's just the new task manager and i ask cause i had it maxed and the phone was still fine,i didn't get the "low memory" warning
i set the pp the same as i did on the last rom and it's just as fast and stable it seems so far............the numbers just say diff. any ideas????
1. I'll have to look into that. Apparenty you may be missing my_sense_ tweak EXT that sets all those. It will be fixed in the sunday update.
2. That is something I have struggled with.... BG4ALL, I have got to where I can change it the one time...Submit you .cabs everyone!
3. You should have actually went down as I deleted all the sprint stuff from the G rom. I did set the PP to 24 in the rom as default and may have forgot to change it in the G rom... Try PagePoolChange to see if you can set it back...

Keep them nuances comming! Preferable with "fixes".
Old 12-05-2009, 12:28 AM
SuperNoob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcoolerthanyouare77 View Post
I agree about this whole "flashdance" stuff. I've tried what seems like a hundred custom ROMs from here and XDA since I got my TP a year ago, and the only time I put a stock back on was to check out the Sprint MR a while back (of course, that only lasted a few minutes).

I also don't hard reset after installing a new ROM, never have and see absolutely no purpose in it.

All seems kinda like blowing in the cartridges for the original Nintendo when I was a kid...did no good whatsoever, but made you feel like you had some control...
Of course, I build my nintendo cartridges way better than the average chef... Lol, my roms don't need the flashydance and are dustfree!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development