PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 06:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

mliksa87 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Updated February 3rd* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.x ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shompec View Post
Did you flash dance for this ROM?
im not sure what you are talking about. i have flashed just about every other rom out there including other nfsfan roms and this is the first to act like this.

while checking out some other roms i found out what flashdancing is. i havent done that in about a month but it makes no difference. supposedly this is a problem with the program tab

theres a solution out there but i cant link to it

Last edited by mliksa87; 02-04-2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: figured out flashdance and found solution
Old 02-04-2010, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousadam View Post
i think if you tap on the right half of the task bar (i think the left side opens arkswitch), a larger view of the task bar is displayed, where you can tap the notification icon and view it.
Thanks - that's it!

Quote:
i haven't had any problems with arkswitch so far. my only problem is that i can't create appointments or change appointments from the manila calendar tab.
Me neither - you have to go into the Windows Calendar App...oh well not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekzel View Post
Man, that shit is a bunch of superstitious bull and a complete waste of time. It has about as much affect as when a baseball player wears the same pair of dirty drawers for every game.
I agree to an extent. It really shouldn't matter that flashing to stock would have ANY effect, but sometimes in some cases it does. Who knows...When I went from NRG's most recent to this ROM, it didn't flash back to stock and this ROM is golden. However when I recently went from stock (MR2.01) to Root's DarkMax ROM, it was locking up left and right, and I had been running his ROMs for quite some time before flashing to stock in the first place...so go figure....
Old 02-04-2010, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

eric2k is becoming a great contributor
Exclamation Re: *Updated February 3rd* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.x ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Me neither - you have to go into the Windows Calendar App...oh well not a big deal.
NFS has it fixed, expect an update sooner or latter.

Also if anyone on Sprint gets the 2016 SMS bug this is not ROM dependent.

WMExperts made there own fix also..
http://www.wmexperts.com/microsoft-r...hones-affected

HTC's Fix is below
http://member.america.htc.com/downlo...6Patch2.01.cab
Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

NFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to NFSFAN

erick2k and I will be working on porting the new Topaz Manila 2.5, so expect an update when it done.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
I agree to an extent. It really shouldn't matter that flashing to stock would have ANY effect, but sometimes in some cases it does. Who knows...When I went from NRG's most recent to this ROM, it didn't flash back to stock and this ROM is golden. However when I recently went from stock (MR2.01) to Root's DarkMax ROM, it was locking up left and right, and I had been running his ROMs for quite some time before flashing to stock in the first place...so go figure....
That's been my experience as well... I have had some funky stuff happening on multiple roms, noone else seemed to be having the same issues. I did the flash dance and it took care of it.

It's not a fix for every weird problem but in my experience it does make a difference.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

lamvt is just getting started

I've been searching for a solution and found a couple of other threads on this topic. On the Contacts tab, on the lower right corner of the contact picture, there's a small rolodex icon - often the icon does not load and I just get a white square. Has anyone else seen this bug and is there a fix? Thank you!
Old 02-04-2010, 09:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sniggle is just getting started

Great rom, so glad to have a reason to flash after almost 2 months. No bugs as far as I can tell and I'm loving the new threaded email in this WM build.

Only thing I wish I could do is completely remove voice command. It has nothing to do with this rom, but for whatever reason the little dongle that comes with the TP that converts the mini USB to headphone jack will randomly initiate voice dial and start calling people. I don't even have a mic hooked up; it has something to do with a loose connection. The voice command exe is fully protected and can't be renamed or deleted so I would imagine I'd have to cook my own rom to get rid of it, but oh well.

Thanks for all your hard work NFSFAN, your roms are far and away the best and I will never flash anything else as long as I have my TP!
Old 02-04-2010, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

NFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPNFSFAN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to NFSFAN

Ricky is my boiiii :P
Old 02-04-2010, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA (MR5)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Tekzel is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Tekzel Send a message via MSN to Tekzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinkel View Post
That's been my experience as well... I have had some funky stuff happening on multiple roms, noone else seemed to be having the same issues. I did the flash dance and it took care of it.

It's not a fix for every weird problem but in my experience it does make a difference.
Ah well, people will believe whatever it is they believe. Its not hurting anyone, not like that crazy belief that many have involving some wacky white bearded guy in the sky that wants them to convert or kill everyone else. Haha.

In all seriousness though, I wonder what people that believe in the mythical "flash dance" actually think it DOES. I mean, besides appease the cell fairies.

I have never once done anything close to that, hell, I don't even do the recommended "hard reset after initial flash". The only problems I have ever had were caused by my own dumbass tinkering. I have a graphical glitch right now that was caused by me trying out cabs to get rid of the calendar and replace it with a missed call indicator. Sometimes I just can't leave a good thing alone. haha

Last edited by Tekzel; 02-04-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xshining is just getting started

Quote:
i think if you tap on the right half of the task bar (i think the left side opens arkswitch), a larger view of the task bar is displayed, where you can tap the notification icon and view it.

i haven't had any problems with arkswitch so far. my only problem is that i can't create appointments or change appointments from the manila calendar tab.
what's more, and i can't see the detail of the appointments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSFAN View Post
erick2k and I will be working on porting the new Topaz Manila 2.5, so expect an update when it done.
i am waiting. thank you NFS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development