PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC TP2
Carrier: VERIZON

mightycouger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: indagroove's Sense 2.5 TouchPro ROM - CE OS 5.2.23506 (Build 23506.5.5.0) [111909

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
If you are talking about the standard cooked in Task Manager, tap the upper right corner, tap and hold one more time, once in settings go to Button, and then you can select Tap X to close.
You should also be able to get there through Start/Settings/System/Task Manager.
I went into settings and "tap X to close program" is enabled, but after i tap X to close a program it still shows up in WM stock task manager! What gives?
Old 11-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee
Re: indagroove's Sense 2.5 TouchPro ROM - CE OS 5.2.23506 (Build 23506.5.5.0) [111909

My PRL is fine it's the PRI that's old.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dantichrist is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
If you are talking about the standard cooked in Task Manager, tap the upper right corner, tap and hold one more time, once in settings go to Button, and then you can select Tap X to close.
You should also be able to get there through Start/Settings/System/Task Manager.

I'm actually wondering about this too. If htc X button set to "close by tapping x" which it appears to have been by default. But tapping x just minimizes the app rather than closing it. I switched it to "tap and hold" and that just minimized them as well. I've had this issue with all of the ROMS I've used with the task bar on the bottom, and haven't been able to find much on it.

It's more of a nuisance than a problem, but I'd love to find a fix for it. Does anyone know how to get the apps to close rather than minimize like it's supposed to? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

illwafer is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to illwafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Just wondering have you seen any other posts stating this?
i have not. also, the icons cab on the first or 2nd post will also kill the exchange direct push.

i noticed that it works sometimes now, but not all the time. i don't know what triggers it. i left everything completely stock except for changing the home screen tabs, but that was a while before this started happening.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:16 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightycouger View Post
I went into settings and "tap X to close program" is enabled, but after i tap X to close a program it still shows up in WM stock task manager! What gives?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantichrist View Post
I'm actually wondering about this too. If htc X button set to "close by tapping x" which it appears to have been by default. But tapping x just minimizes the app rather than closing it. I switched it to "tap and hold" and that just minimized them as well. I've had this issue with all of the ROMS I've used with the task bar on the bottom, and haven't been able to find much on it.

It's more of a nuisance than a problem, but I'd love to find a fix for it. Does anyone know how to get the apps to close rather than minimize like it's supposed to? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
It's because the x-button app is mapped to the older builds where the x is in the upper right, so it doesn't register when you click in the lower left. HTC has said that they will update task manager to work with 6.5.x once the builds are RTM. For now, you can use showcase suite. I've had some issues with one of the versions, so I choose not to include it -- but there are cab installs at XDA.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc hero
Carrier: sprint

tlpalmer01 is just getting started

has anyone been able to sucessfully remap the left soft key in manilla 2.5..i just cant get it to work..went thru registry and couldnt find the htc/manilla soft key, tried advan config, key swap googled maybe im just tired...
Old 11-21-2009, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rcharles is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
My PRL is fine it's the PRI that's old.

My PRI is showing up as 1.47_003. I have run the PRL and Profile update from settings. I am guesing it is not updating.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlpalmer01 View Post
has anyone been able to sucessfully remap the left soft key in manilla 2.5..i just cant get it to work..went thru registry and couldnt find the htc/manilla soft key, tried advan config, key swap googled maybe im just tired...
Use touchpro tweak or diamond twaek. I have gotten it changed my left softkey successfully.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Diamond Tweak 0.5.3_English.cab (400.9 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

crazycage is just getting started
Question Re: indagroove's Sense 2.5 TouchPro ROM - CE OS 5.2.23506 (Build 23506.5.5.0) [111909

Hey Guys,

I have been trying to get Opera 10 to auto rotate with G-Sensor but no luck. I tried installing cabs found on xda and it still refuses to rotate unless the keybaord is out.

I have also seen tweaks to allow the 9.7 scrollbar to appear in Opera 10 as well as have the option to scroll zoom with the Touch wheel.

Has anyone successfully done these tweaks and have a cab? I cannot get mine to work.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc hero
Carrier: sprint

tlpalmer01 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
Use touchpro tweak or diamond twaek. I have gotten it changed my left softkey successfully.
absolutely brilliant..it worked..too bad its limited what to map but beggars cant be choosers and i have dont some switching and somewhat got what i wanted so thank u and im sure in future builds call history will be available like before but dam indy has done a hell of a job............

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development