PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVo
Carrier: J-Skee Mobility

jskee35 is keeping up the good workjskee35 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jskee35 Send a message via Yahoo to jskee35
Re: [HERM] [Generic] [Sprint] [6.5.1] [manila 2.1] [build 23060] casperRom 10/5/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by awitt View Post
Hello I installed this cab that gives the home page a cleaner look and it caused a white square in the upper left hand corner I have used this cab on several roms with no problems and also installed freds cab for a cleaner look do you have any idea how to get rid of the white square?
most of the time that happens when the cab is incompatible with the version of manila....

edit: idk if background for all tabs is included in this ROM but that could be the issue....

WELCOME TO THE COWBOYS DEZ!

Last edited by jskee35; 10-06-2009 at 05:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

DJCaSpER is becoming a great contributor
Re: [HERM] [Generic] [Sprint] [6.5.1] [manila 2.1] [build 23060] casperRom 10/5/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by awitt View Post
Hello I installed this cab that gives the home page a cleaner look and it caused a white square in the upper left hand corner I have used this cab on several roms with no problems and also installed freds cab for a cleaner look do you have any idea how to get rid of the white square?
im not real sure about the white box because it not on my screen. i have noticed it though when restarting/softreset it pops up for a sec then goes away and does not stay up. is any one else having this problem?
Old 10-06-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
LOL can i call jennett
no.. i took that screen shot off.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

mmcneil is becoming a great contributor

Seems like a nice ROM so far. Using a 32mb pagepool and everything is running smoothly. I'll post any bugs/issues I find. Good work!

McNeil

Old 10-08-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcneil View Post
Seems like a nice ROM so far. Using a 32mb pagepool and everything is running smoothly. I'll post any bugs/issues I find. Good work!

McNeil
thank u hope to hear from ya soon. did u set it 32mb on pp?
Old 10-12-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCaSpER View Post
thank u hope to hear from ya soon. did u set it 32mb on pp?
Yeah, I set the page pool to 32mb. Here's what I've found so far:

1. I had to do 3 hard resets to get the ROM to play nicely. The screen was getting distorted when scrolling. Hard reset seems to have fixed this.

2. The Tsowen task bar that you cooked loses the battery and signal icons after customizations. I'm using my own SDConfig.txt however, but even after removing it, the task bar icons I mentioned above still revert back to stock.

3. The big Microsoft taskbar stops working after your customizations have run. As a result, the small taskbar no longer functions.

4. PHPRegEdit is nowhere to be found, even though it's listed in your Apps list. Definitely not a show stopper, as I can install it manually.

Other than that, it's a pretty good ROM. Battery life is good and the overall ROM seems to be stable after a couple of hard resets. Good work. I think once you clear up a few minor issues, as I described above, you'll have a nice piece of work. If you release an update, I'll definitely test it for you.

McNeil=D>
Old 10-13-2009, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yeah, I set the page pool to 32mb. Here's what I've found so far:

1. I had to do 3 hard resets to get the ROM to play nicely. The screen was getting distorted when scrolling. Hard reset seems to have fixed this.

2. The Tsowen task bar that you cooked loses the battery and signal icons after customizations. I'm using my own SDConfig.txt however, but even after removing it, the task bar icons I mentioned above still revert back to stock.

3. The big Microsoft taskbar stops working after your customizations have run. As a result, the small taskbar no longer functions.

4. PHPRegEdit is nowhere to be found, even though it's listed in your Apps list. Definitely not a show stopper, as I can install it manually.

Other than that, it's a pretty good ROM. Battery life is good and the overall ROM seems to be stable after a couple of hard resets. Good work. I think once you clear up a few minor issues, as I described above, you'll have a nice piece of work. If you release an update, I'll definitely test it for you.

McNeil=D>
ok thank for ur review... sense u said something about the php reg editer i looked and its not there. sorry about that. i do all reg editeds in the kitchen but i did think i put it in there. because i had it in my last release. the small task bar works just fine, but i have noticed the the ms task bar that drops down the icons have not been sitting right i may have to add a rar file with a cab in an attachment because it may not be working right cooking it in. because i cooked the fix in for the icon fix... i have only hard reset once and that was when i flashed... with the microsofts new roms after flashing and soft reseting wait about 30sec. to let all the processes run right. and after that everything will work great.

ok i will release an updated in a couple days and i should have new start menu icons.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

[QUOTE=mmcneil;1231827]Yeah, I set the page pool to 32mb. Here's what I've found so far:

also dont put the pp so high put it at 20.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCaSpER View Post
ok thank for ur review... sense u said something about the php reg editer i looked and its not there. sorry about that. i do all reg editeds in the kitchen but i did think i put it in there. because i had it in my last release. the small task bar works just fine, but i have noticed the the ms task bar that drops down the icons have not been sitting right i may have to add a rar file with a cab in an attachment because it may not be working right cooking it in. because i cooked the fix in for the icon fix... i have only hard reset once and that was when i flashed... with the microsofts new roms after flashing and soft reseting wait about 30sec. to let all the processes run right. and after that everything will work great.

ok i will release an updated in a couple days and i should have new start menu icons.
Let me clear up what I said about the small taskbar not working; what I should have said was I installed one of Tsowens taskbars via cab file, but it didn't work. I found that if I let your customizations run, the small task bar works just fine, but again, the signal and battery icons show up as the stock white ones. I'll change the pagepool to 20 and see how that works. I really like the ROM though, as it has 95% of the apps I used already cooked in. To be honest, I'm diggin this as much as the old Mighty and Fallen ROMS!! I just started cooking roms about a month ago, so I know it's a tedious process at times. Much thanks for what you've done so far. I'll wait for your update(s)

McNeil
Old 10-14-2009, 07:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Let me clear up what I said about the small taskbar not working; what I should have said was I installed one of Tsowens taskbars via cab file, but it didn't work. I found that if I let your customizations run, the small task bar works just fine, but again, the signal and battery icons show up as the stock white ones. I'll change the pagepool to 20 and see how that works. I really like the ROM though, as it has 95% of the apps I used already cooked in. To be honest, I'm diggin this as much as the old Mighty and Fallen ROMS!! I just started cooking roms about a month ago, so I know it's a tedious process at times. Much thanks for what you've done so far. I'll wait for your update(s)

McNeil
witch Tsowens taskbars r u wanting to put in the rom? i have 3 different ones in my kitchen...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development