PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CDMA Verizon Touch Pro XIP - WM6.5 21815 23009 23016 23028

OK - after sleeping on it, I think I'm gonna give the new UI a try. IIRC, it was the HTC applications that didn't get along nicely, and I've pretty much gotten rid of the offending one - phone canvas (and call log). I think Album will be OK.

23409 looks like the latest with the new UI. da_reeseboy posted a link here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=149

I'm planning to cook with that though I haven't checked the XIP yet. If anyone knows of a rock solid SYS build and an XIP that includes cachefilt.dll, send me a link. Otherwise stay tuned for a 23409 XIP and half-naked ROM this weekend...
Old 09-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

FormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on repFormerPalmOS is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: CDMA Verizon Touch Pro XIP - WM6.5 21815 23009 23016 23028 23049

23049 / 6.1 nk.exe uploaded - see OP. Tested booting. Still playing with the SYS. Not sure I'm going to stay with it.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jimmur is becoming a great contributor

Any way to download your ROM's for us non-chef's?

Thanks Jim

Last edited by jimmur; 09-17-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: CDMA Verizon Touch Pro XIP - WM6.5 21815 23009 23016 23028

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPalmOS View Post
OK - after sleeping on it, I think I'm gonna give the new UI a try. IIRC, it was the HTC applications that didn't get along nicely, and I've pretty much gotten rid of the offending one - phone canvas (and call log). I think Album will be OK.

23409 looks like the latest with the new UI. da_reeseboy posted a link here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=149

I'm planning to cook with that though I haven't checked the XIP yet. If anyone knows of a rock solid SYS build and an XIP that includes cachefilt.dll, send me a link. Otherwise stay tuned for a 23409 XIP and half-naked ROM this weekend...
there's also 23412. with cachefilt. how do i use this in the visual kitchen??
Old 09-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

No idea on how to use Visual Kitchen - not using it myself.

Once I get my daily driver dialed in, I'll upload it - but it will take a bit of time to test and make sure it's solid.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
No idea on how to use Visual Kitchen - not using it myself.

Once I get my daily driver dialed in, I'll upload it - but it will take a bit of time to test and make sure it's solid.

That'll be much appreciated.

The Visual Kitchen seems nice, it handles Multiple SYS/OEM and you can save your ROM configurations. I see that the XIP is divided into OEMXip and MSXip, and it is already extracted into individual modules. I attempted replacing the one in Calku's with your's along with your boot.rgu. the results were wasted time and a 3.2 meg nbh image.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

You should be able to use xipport.exe to dump my XIP and grab OEMXIPKernel. Combine that with the MSXIPKernel of your choice I guess. Again, I don't know squat about VK so I can't really give any guidance. XIP is solid though, I've been running it for two days with no hitches.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
You should be able to use xipport.exe to dump my XIP and grab OEMXIPKernel. Combine that with the MSXIPKernel of your choice I guess. Again, I don't know squat about VK so I can't really give any guidance. XIP is solid though, I've been running it for two days with no hitches.
I figured it out with the help of TMartin... They all resulted in no booter, but... I do realize you are not using the Native kernel... just out of curiosity, what is your mem usage? with manila? (or without)
Old 09-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Just as a matter of correct nomenclature, native kernel refers to the hardware-specific piece of code that initializes the hardware. There is the WM6.1 NK that was shipped on our devices and the WM6.5 NK that the XDA folks posted. So all XIPs must have a native kernel - the question is which one - the WM6.1 or 6.5?

That said, yes I am using the 6.1 kernel. The memory usage with my XIP and without Manilla is 108.55MB total, of which about 50MB is free after everything is done starting up. 6.1 vs. 6.5 nk won't affect program memory, it affects virtual memory - basically giving you twice the amount of virtual memory. Da_G has a great post on XDA - read there if you want to learn more. But in a nut shell, with the additional virtual memory available with the 6.5 NK, you can module all or nearly all of the dlls, exes and MUIs in your OEM and SYS. A module loads faster on the phone since it doesn't have to be relocated in virtual memory - it is mapped to a specific virtual memory space that it occupies whether or not it is loaded. If you have too many things moduled in the 6.1 NK.exe, you run out of virtual memory space in slot zero and bad things start to happen.

So why haven't I gone with 6.5 NK yet? Because 6.1 is working fine for me. I run a stripped down ROM and have plenty of VM space.

EDIT - so I just looked at 23053 and there are like 100 more modules. Should be fast, but now I definitely have to cross the WM6.5 and Visual Kitchen bridge.

Last edited by FormerPalmOS; 09-21-2009 at 06:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: CDMA Verizon Touch Pro XIP - WM6.5 21815 23009 23016 23028 23047 23049

New thread here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86398 for WM6.5 native kernel versions with my usual tweaks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development