PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 11:11 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
i installed the HD Manila .cab from page 1...disabled titanium, ran the .cab, softreset etc...and no HD Manila touchflo3D...

what do I need to do...?
is it enabled in your today settings?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Re: [062909] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60) [Touch Pro ROM & Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
is it enabled in your today settings?

indagroove...it wasnt there..! ran the .cab installed on sdcard successfully...should i have installed on device...?
Old 07-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Carrier formerly known as Alltel

diveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
For flashaholics only:

Here's a new test rom built with the new kitchen. Flash and tell me if it works ok:

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/wp...oad.php?id=150
so far seems strong
Old 07-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Carrier formerly known as Alltel

diveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
indagroove...it wasnt there..! ran the .cab installed on sdcard successfully...should i have installed on device...?
yea i would install that to device bud.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Exigent Circumstance

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveman View Post
yea i would install that to device bud.
!O!...my bad...i been brain washed to store on the sd...its a habit...

its working now...and its everything i imagine...

im so trained to install on the sd i have to be told to install on device...!O!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:00 AM
AWOL
Threadstarter

If anyone wants to try the beta of grooveROM Visual kitchen, here it is:
<link removed>

It's a dual device kitchen, for Diamond or TP.

Right now, there are no EXTs as everything is in OEM.

EDIT: I've got most of the OEMs (non-system) converted to EXT packages, so that you can disable what you don't want easily by double clicking in the kitchen. Uploading new kitchen version..

Last edited by indagroove; 07-04-2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:06 AM
AWOL
Threadstarter

Here's a few things about the new Visual Kitchen:

- This kitchen is pretty new for me, and I am still somewhat of a visual kitchen noob. As always, I will do my best to answer questions, but I'm learning this kitchen as I go, so bear with me.

- This kitchen makes porting new builds from other devices relatively easy -- more on this in time..

- The kitchen has duplicates overwrite feature, so you won't get BuildOS duplicate errors, but what this also means is that if you do have duplicates, the first in the chain will get overwritten by the last. There's an option to alert of duplicates, but you gotta look.

- This kitchen handles OEMs differently than older kitchens, so you can either put your OEM's in the appropriate OEM folder (you can delete option.xml), but you can't disable any packages in OEM folders in the kitchen. If you want to be able to disable packages, you need to convert them to EXT packages. What you do is take your old style OEMs and put them all in one folder, and drag the entire folder onto EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe in the kitchen, and it will convert for you. Then you put the new OEM in the appropriate Device sub folder of the EXT folder -- ie: EXT/RAPH800/23001/RAPH800_External_Packages. If your package contains modules, you need to move the module into the files folder of that package.

- To select or deselect EXT or SYS packages, just double click it in the kitchen, once you've got the kitchen running. Packages in the OEM folder can't be deselected, so if you want to remove any of them, you need to remove the package manually.

- To run the kitchen, double click erviuskitchen.exe and the kitchen will open. Then choose load rom in the upper left, and choose the latest groveROM build. This will automatically load the stock settings for my ROM.

- To build ROM, click create ROM in the upper left. Watch the bottom of the screen for progress. Once done, your new RUU_signed.nbm (the rom) will appear in the RELEASE_RAPH800 folder.

- By default, the ROMs are build with a 6MB pagepool, so be sure to change it to your desired PP with the PP changer -- I perfer 24MB. Then flash the rom with the Custom_RUU.exe as normal. Or you can change in in the rom build by clicking the "other" button in the upper left before cooking.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

eec007 is a n00b

I just installed the 23001 grooveROM 5 from 062909, I did a hard reset, let it run, but the Today icon in System Settings does not do anything. It highlights the icon but it never actually comes up. I've tried soft resetting (several times). Anyone else with this issue? Thanks
Old 07-04-2009, 04:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by eec007 View Post
I just installed the 23001 grooveROM 5 from 062909, I did a hard reset, let it run, but the Today icon in System Settings does not do anything. It highlights the icon but it never actually comes up. I've tried soft resetting (several times). Anyone else with this issue? Thanks
mine is workin fine. maybe it needs another hard reset.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Exigent Circumstance

Quote:
Originally Posted by eec007 View Post

everything ok over here also...try reflashing rom...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development