PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: verizon

barji is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |Sep 27|HERM| .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-|Energy| 21916|21679 - Sense 2.1 / 2.5 / Cookie 2.0 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by yay View Post
I am using widows 7 too. I am using an older version of 7zip but it seems to work.
Try extracting it to Energy.HERMAN.21916.Sense2.5.DinikGlass.Cookie.2.0 .Oct.03.7z so it gets its own folder.

If that doesn't work you could also try and use your SD card by putting the RAPHIMG.nbh file on your sd card and use the bootloader mode instead.
Ok, so i'm new at this and I done tons of reading before I got to this point of downloading something. I've spent hours DL different files from NRGZ28 EnergyRom thread and each one does the same thing. 7zip (no matter the folder I put it in) unzips with 0kb and error message "Unsupported compression method". I did this on my win7pro and xp home machine same results. oh well I'll start looking around for something that will work, cheers
BTW I did copy the empty RAPHIMG.nbh file to the SD and use bootloader nothing happened just sat on red green and blue screen so I soft reset it.
thanks for the help
Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 PM
yay
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 1 and 2
Carrier: sprint

yay is becoming a great contributor
Re: |Sep 27|HERM| .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-|Energy| 21916|21679 - Sense 2.1 / 2.5 / Cookie 2.0 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by barji View Post
Ok, so i'm new at this and I done tons of reading before I got to this point of downloading something. I've spent hours DL different files from NRGZ28 EnergyRom thread and each one does the same thing. 7zip (no matter the folder I put it in) unzips with 0kb and error message "Unsupported compression method". I did this on my win7pro and xp home machine same results. oh well I'll start looking around for something that will work, cheers
BTW I did copy the empty RAPHIMG.nbh file to the SD and use bootloader nothing happened just sat on red green and blue screen so I soft reset it.
thanks for the help
Try reformatting your sdcard with the hp format tool. Just Google "hp format tool" you should see it. Format your sd card to fat32. After that just put the RAPHIMG.nbh back on your sd card, go into booloader again and it should prompt you to update by pressing the power button. Good luck!

Make sure you back up everything on your card. Formatting it will erase everything.

Oh yeah before you do any of this, did you try using the 7zip beta build the gentleman posted above? if you haven't you should probably try that first.

Last edited by yay; 10-05-2010 at 10:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Lurker

barji is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
Make sure you are using the 7-zip 9.17 beta and it will work.
That worked it's loading now... thanks vaughnmr
Old 10-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Lurker

barji is a n00b

Quote:
Try reformatting your sdcard with the hp format tool. Just Google "hp format tool" you should see it. Format your sd card to fat32. After that just put the RAPHIMG.nbh back on your sd card, go into booloader again and it should prompt you to update by pressing the power button. Good luck!

Make sure you back up everything on your card. Formatting it will erase everything.

Oh yeah before you do any of this, did you try using the 7zip beta build the gentleman posted above? if you haven't you should probably try that first.
So far I've unzipped the files, put them on the sd card, went into bootloader, did not prompt me to start, went straight to "loading..." and just sits there, waited 45min no change, soft rest, removed sd card and reformated with fat32 (which it was), put files back on, went in to bootloader mode and again no prompt just straight to "loading..." How long should it take to complete? patients please, Thanks Everyone
Old 10-06-2010, 08:45 AM
yay
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by barji View Post
So far I've unzipped the files, put them on the sd card, went into bootloader, did not prompt me to start, went straight to "loading..." and just sits there, waited 45min no change, soft rest, removed sd card and reformated with fat32 (which it was), put files back on, went in to bootloader mode and again no prompt just straight to "loading..." How long should it take to complete? patients please, Thanks Everyone

Did you manage to get the package extracted using the beta 7zip?
If so I would say use the RUU to update the rom.

The sd card process should take a few minuets to complete. Put the phone into bootloader with the RAPHIMG.nbh on the sd card it should detect it immediately and ask you to update by pressing power button or cancel by pushing the action button, the button in the center. It sounds like your phone or sd card is giving problems installing it this way. Put your phone into bootloader mode again and just click on the icon that says "Herman software upgrade". This is the RUU and installs automatically, just follow the steps on the screen.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: RCOM

csmart is a n00b

after using these ROMs for about 3 months, i found following pros/cons

pros:
1. Faster compare to original ROM
2. loads of software already installed with ROM
3. excellent GUI

Cons
1. the battery drains faster
2. Plus code dialing not working
3. memory usage is always more than 55%
Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
yay
PPCGeeks Regular

Newb question. What is plus code dialing? Is this something you use for calling internationally?

Last edited by yay; 10-06-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Huawei Ascend
Carrier: Cricket

xlarkascendingx is a n00b

@yay i would assume so. in america its +1 lol. idk just guessing.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fierygod is a n00b

Quote:
Newb question. What is plus code dialing? Is this something you use for calling internationally?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlarkascendingx View Post
@yay i would assume so. in america its +1 lol. idk just guessing.
Your guesses are correct. See here for the full text.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Huawei Ascend
Carrier: Cricket

xlarkascendingx is a n00b

I can't seem to find a CHTEditor Thread and XDA is being a big ole piece of shat. But, my quicklinks are being stupid. Is there any possible way to change how many columns and rows for each page? Because I only want one row on my main page, but at least 4 on my second page. :'( If anyone can help me I will love you forever.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro