PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28008/21877) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmasephol View Post
I've finally updated to the newest rom, 28008 manilla 2.5, and have gotten everything sorted out for the most part by catching up on the forums.

The only issue I have, and have had for a while now, is that for some weird reason I loose txt messages that I've recieved over time. I'll get a message from a friend and then after a few days or weeks it will eventually not be in my messaging history. I mostly use the classic messaging (pocket outlook or whatever it is called).

I use Microsoft MyPhone to backup and restore when flashing and I never get the messages that I recieved from other people but I have all of my messages that I've sent from months ago... Anybody experience this before and anybody have an idea on how I can fix it?

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Are you saying they're not there after your backup? I use PIMBackup to backup and restore my stuff and apparently MyPhone is guilty of the same thing PIM is. If you have a larger number of texts to restore, a lot of the time they won't restore in threaded order. If you jumped to the earliest messages in the threaded view, chances are all of your received messages are there. When you check the latest messages, all of your sent items are there in order. It's a pain in the ass, but your best bet is to just not restore any text messages at all. I mean, do you really need to go back and read a bunch of old texts? I thought I'd want to save them, but thinking back to my flip phone days, that Sanyo only saved like 200 messages. Then when I got a new message, it automatically deleted the earliest one. I can live without the lag and other problems caused by having a shatload of messages on my device. Just my two cents. Hope this helps!
Old 12-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bmasephol is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28008/21877) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
Are you saying they're not there after your backup? I use PIMBackup to backup and restore my stuff and apparently MyPhone is guilty of the same thing PIM is. If you have a larger number of texts to restore, a lot of the time they won't restore in threaded order. If you jumped to the earliest messages in the threaded view, chances are all of your received messages are there. When you check the latest messages, all of your sent items are there in order. It's a pain in the ass, but your best bet is to just not restore any text messages at all. I mean, do you really need to go back and read a bunch of old texts? I thought I'd want to save them, but thinking back to my flip phone days, that Sanyo only saved like 200 messages. Then when I got a new message, it automatically deleted the earliest one. I can live without the lag and other problems caused by having a shatload of messages on my device. Just my two cents. Hope this helps!
That is what I'm saying... sounds exactly like what is happening. The only reason I really care is that for texts I've received in the last few days that contain important stuff that I would want to read again now disappear, at least from the normal view. I can't understand how the ordering of text messages gets out of wack... you think they would have a UTC timestamp and just order by that... sheesh. Thanks for the info. Sounds like something I'll have to continue to live with.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
That is what I'm saying... sounds exactly like what is happening. The only reason I really care is that for texts I've received in the last few days that contain important stuff that I would want to read again now disappear, at least from the normal view. I can't understand how the ordering of text messages gets out of wack... you think they would have a UTC timestamp and just order by that... sheesh. Thanks for the info. Sounds like something I'll have to continue to live with.
Now this is one of the first things I learned when I first started using PIMBackup and it may still work for you. Try switching from Threaded View to Classic View, restore your messages, view them in Messaging, then switch back to Threaded. Sometimes it will order them properly. To switch, go to Start, Settings, System, then SMS Threading. Set your screen to stay on all the time, hook it to the charger, then open your Messaging, and it will slowly start to sort. I remember it slowing down if the screen was off. Give this a try and if it works or not, let me know.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Have you looked in your archive folder on MyPhone? My Phone places a bunch of your text messages in an archive folder? I cleaned mine out the other day as I was almost maxed out on space on MyPhone.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bmasephol is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Have you looked in your archive folder on MyPhone? My Phone places a bunch of your text messages in an archive folder? I cleaned mine out the other day as I was almost maxed out on space on MyPhone.
I checked and I have 195 MB free out of 200 MB. I do however have lots of text messages in the archive. I've also just noticed that my "current" messages have only 9 in the Inbox from other people and I have 1500+ in the Sent folder. It's weird that I don't have more in the Inbox from other people. It is really like they disappear. The newest message in the Archive's Inbox that I received from somebody else is from back in October. I quite possibly could have been running Mighty still back then.

I've tried what blockhead428 suggested by changing the view to classic and then back to threaded but that didn't do anything and I don't expect it to because I really believe the messages are gone.

Thanks for helping out, these simple things can sometimes be frustrating.

Last edited by bmasephol; 12-07-2009 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Tried changing views and looked at the MyPhone online again.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: TELUS

t803329x is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakuyi View Post
a few things i dislike about opera 10:

1. when i view a mobile site like m.espn.com to watch a laker game when i'm away the text is SUPER small like eye-straining and it wont zoom. I can see teh score which is good enough but even clicking links is difficult.

2. the "Tab" button on the keyboard doesn't work. you have to select teh field, type then deselect the field and select the next field and type and deselect teh field.

3. even on a normal site the touch wheel doesn't seem to zoom.

with that said, load time for opera is much faster than 9 and tab-switching is great too.
+1 the zoom is the only thing missing to me
Old 12-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

Can anyone confirm whether or not SMS works on the 21877 Dec. 4th build?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yes it works for me good i just run this cab to disable the htc messaging
senye its call look under the clip were all the cabs are under the
s you will see it ok
Old 12-07-2009, 04:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I checked and I have 195 MB free out of 200 MB. I do however have lots of text messages in the archive. I've also just noticed that my "current" messages have only 9 in the Inbox from other people and I have 1500+ in the Sent folder. It's weird that I don't have more in the Inbox from other people. It is really like they disappear. The newest message in the Archive's Inbox that I received from somebody else is from back in October. I quite possibly could have been running Mighty still back then.

I've tried what blockhead428 suggested by changing the view to classic and then back to threaded but that didn't do anything and I don't expect it to because I really believe the messages are gone.

Thanks for helping out, these simple things can sometimes be frustrating.
I would try PIMBackup from now on. I've never used Microsoft MyPhone, but PIM's never let me down in the past.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm using max manilla 2.6 and my slider is pushed down a little bit. see attached image. The only thing that fixes it seems to be a soft reset, but that doesn't always work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sshot000.jpg (13.1 KB, 89 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro