PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: Verizon

juicemane is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
Well this is why I'm confused. I guess I don't understand landscape mode then. If I can text in landscape when i open the keyboard in 2.5 that is all I really care about. Thanks.
you have to open the text program in potrrait first
you cant just slide and start texting
Old 11-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

dvanburen is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
Yeah in Tools-Tweaks
Or use Total Commander.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by imzack View Post
Playing around with the rom released last night, seems great, except two things that were stated before which were the dialer, and the text message load time pretty slow... besides that, alot of the problems i was expreicencing before were solved...
There is a newer version which fixes the dialer and there is also a cab for it. There are also fixes in the latest release.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eddieyee is keeping up the good workeddieyee is keeping up the good work

thanks-- i did read the guide, and I actually prefer the push email, and the contacts stored in my hotmail account-- the reason is I also use Outlook heavily, and the integration with the Outlook connector to hotmail/contacts, and the phone works very well.

Contact sync is very important to me, and I am quite surprised it didn't work after updating Microsoft Live from the marketplace.

Anybody else get contact syncing to work with MS Live on the latest NRG builds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I don't know much about syncing contacts, but the best way to set up hotmail is to not even use Windows Live. I first used Windows Live, but it would only download the last 50 emails for me. I set it up the way that Threefaces has in its guide that I figured out (tho I'm no longer credited in his guide, hint, hint messing with you bro). It will let you download all your emails. The only thing I like about Windows Live is that you can set it up to send/receive based on when items arrive. Other than that, setting it up manually is the way to go.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Touch Pro (Sprint)

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
Yeah in Tools-Tweaks
Thanks... I knew it was in there, but for some reason couldn't find it..lol. Im getting crosseyed from playing with these new battery of roms... lol.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

RyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuffRyanMayo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
HKLM – Software – OEM – KeyState-KeyVibratorState...set to 0.
Works...that was annoying the sticks out of me.
Thanks, 3
Old 11-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jtology is a n00b

I see you're using a verizon radio and you're located in Fl. Im in central Fl and am using a sprint radio. Was wondering what part of Fl you're in and how the verizon radio is working out for you compared to the sprint radio.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtology View Post
I see you're using a verizon radio and you're located in Fl. Im in central Fl and am using a sprint radio. Was wondering what part of Fl you're in and how the verizon radio is working out for you compared to the sprint radio.
If you are asking me, I am in SW FL, just south of Sarasota. The Verizon radio, for me, works better than any of the radios out there. I tried stock, the new Sprint radio, Telus, you name it. I get the best signal strength with this radio. They all worked fine outside, but inside my home, Verizon has them all beat...
Old 11-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

RINGERS
Like Three said, it appears to be a Sense issue, not a ROM one. It is random. Some users dont have a problem, some get it intermittently, and yet some get a ringer failure frequently.
As always, it's well worth the flash (IMO) to see how the WHOLE ROM works for you. If the ringer issue or some other 2.5 issue is a deal breaker for you then you'll be happy with any of nrgz 2.1 manila ROMS, I am sure.
Remeber-nrgz still hasnt put his EVERYDAY USE stamp on a 2.5 build.

EDIT: Removed quotes-didnt want to seem like I was disputing those quoted, I wasnt. Just meant to use them as an example of people talking about the issue. Those fixes work, just not permanently for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
Well this is why I'm confused. I guess I don't understand landscape mode then. If I can text in landscape when i open the keyboard in 2.5 that is all I really care about. Thanks.
Like Juice said, click on a text to reply, then slide out your kb. You may not see the Send icon with the kb open, close it, and it will be there. Strangely, the Send icon appears to stay put with New SMS, with the kb out.
There is plenty of Landscape functionality with the current port.
Music and Photos work-just turn your phone-very cool. Messaging, Opera, and some other programs work with the kb out as well.
Hope that helps.
Man, I cant get out of Stock City fast enough!!

Last edited by iknowsquat; 11-10-2009 at 07:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Oh, by the way..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES!!! 10 NOV 1775! SEMPER FI! THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro