PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time
Carrier: Sprint

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [May.30.09] *Silence Roms* [-6.1 -6.5 -Rhodium TP2 -Kitchens]

Quote:
Originally Posted by R35I5T View Post
Hey I just wanna congratulate you on such an awesome ROM! I just did my first flash and I chose this one, I'm glad I did Thnx!! I have two questions tho... how do I get my picture messages to work? and the other is when I install a cab I chose device and if I don't like it I go to the Remove Programs to delete it but nothing ever pops up? Plz help me I would greatly appreciate it thank you!

like others have said you might install this these

this first will remove any MMS program you might have installed

2nd will install the MMS program and it will point the MMS program to the

DCIM\100media folder
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

R35I5T is a n00b

Thank you! Btw any idea why nothing pops up in the remove programs? Only way I can remove cabs that I don't like is by hard reset and man thats a pain! Thnx for the quick response!
Old 06-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: palm pre

yotoad is keeping up the good workyotoad is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Thank you! Btw any idea why nothing pops up in the remove programs? Only way I can remove cabs that I don't like is by hard reset and man thats a pain! Thnx for the quick response!
use a program like SKTools
sony clie peg-t665c: 5/2002-3/2006
palm v - 5/1999-4/2002
Old 06-12-2009, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

NetApex is keeping up the good workNetApex is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to NetApex

Quote:
I will try to use all of the main words in this post so it shows up when people search for the answer.

Using Rhodium, software that is installed after flashing (.cab's loaded by the user) do not show up in the remove programs setting. You can either use a tool like SKTools to remove it, or you can reinstall the same .cab again. It will state that it will remove the old version first. Let that happen, and then when it asks you where you want to install it, hit cancel. Thereby eliminating the old version and stopping the reinstall.

*added software not showing up* *can not remove programs* *can't see programs*
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetApex View Post
I will try to use all of the main words in this post so it shows up when people search for the answer.

Using Rhodium, software that is installed after flashing (.cab's loaded by the user) do not show up in the remove programs setting. You can either use a tool like SKTools to remove it, or you can reinstall the same .cab again. It will state that it will remove the old version first. Let that happen, and then when it asks you where you want to install it, hit cancel. Thereby eliminating the old version and stopping the reinstall.

Ah, thanks. I figured it was a Rhodium thing. I searched a couple different times with various search terms, but wasn't hittin' it right.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

NetApex is keeping up the good workNetApex is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to NetApex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Ah, thanks. I figured it was a Rhodium thing. I searched a couple different times with various search terms, but wasn't hittin' it right.
Yeah I have run across that when searching too.. it's hard to find the exact words to use when searching sometimes.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetApex View Post

This is not 100% true... If you install Rhodium manila via cabs and use xboxmods certs then yes you will not be able to remove programs in the 'Remove Programs' settings. But with a cooked rhodium manila you should be able to see all the cabs you've installed just fine and remove them without issue... There must be some funky security policy thing going on that you cannot see programs to be removed.

Like my work? Hit
Old 06-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Maverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks Silence for allowing me to post this...your ROM's/Kitchens are awesome! I am trying to learn photoshop and have had a lot of fun making these for our TP's. Here is one I made for your ROM's. I hope others can enjoy!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:55 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

So i'm running 6.5 ver 3.

Whenever I plug my USB cable in I no longer get the option to use Active Sync, Disk Drive, or Internet Sharing.

Now all that happens is the internet sharing comes up, but it doesn't try to connect. And it lets me go through my SD card (can't remember if this is Active Sync or disk drive).

How can I get the option to chose to come back up? I've already gone to Settings > connections > USB to PC and changed those options. Any other ideas?
Old 06-13-2009, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnswenson is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
So i'm running 6.5 ver 3.

Whenever I plug my USB cable in I no longer get the option to use Active Sync, Disk Drive, or Internet Sharing.

Now all that happens is the internet sharing comes up, but it doesn't try to connect. And it lets me go through my SD card (can't remember if this is Active Sync or disk drive).

How can I get the option to chose to come back up? I've already gone to Settings > connections > USB to PC and changed those options. Any other ideas?
Start menu-> Settings-> Connections tab-> 'USB to PC'-> select check box for 'Ask about connection type...'

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development