PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 01:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

str8bean is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][05.06.09] dB_ROM WM 6.5 21501,21502,21222 ROM/Kitchen TouchPro [Multi-ROMs]

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibel View Post
OK.. Good news and bad news.

Good news: It's quite simple to include YouTube w/o having TouchFlo 3 being required.
Bad news: If you do this it will make it to where the YouTube app (and others like RSS, Dialpad, etc) will not have touch scrolling. TouchFlo is required for these apps to actually touch scroll.

So, I ask you, do you want this as a functionality? I don't see any HUGE side effects of having both TouchFlo and WM 6.5 scrolling available. They don't compete that badly. Some people complain about it, but others don't, including me.

There are a couple options here:
1) Do not include YouTube in the No_TouchFlo builds. This will still cause problems with RSS, Dialer, etc and touchscrolling.
2) Still include TouchFlo in all builds (except basic and barebones). (Basically just leave it as is)
3) Well there is no 3. Just go with 1 and 2.

Tell me what you all think. I personally vote for just leaving it as is.
I agree leave it as is. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM][05.06.09] dB_ROM WM 6.5 21501,21502,21222 ROM/Kitchen TouchPro [Multi-ROMs]

+1 on leaving as is.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

Does the Full Sprint 21222 have TF3D2? I like that over the newer slide up and down thingie.

tsp
Old 05-08-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuff

Is there a way to improve the battery life with this rom. I love this but the battery seems to die very fast.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

decibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
Awesome! Any ETA on this?

Oh, there also seem to be some camera issues prevalent in the last batch of MM roms and they seem to be 6.5 related. I hate to compare but is something that has been experienced with your rom as well?
I never used his official 6.5 stuff. I helped with him first releasing a 6.5 (MR5), but never used his OEMs from their publicly. I mainly have 6.1 stuff from him. I would have to know specifics on camera issues to be able to tell you if they are in my ROM or not. TBH, I have not used his MR5, so I don't know what issues you are referring to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibman View Post
when I flashed to this rom it started by giving a dialog box to run a certain file ".mscr/.mortrun" where do i find that file and is it significant?
This is normal. This is just during first boot (after a hard reset or a flash). It is my config_operator.txt (built in AutoRun) executing Mortscript.exe to register .mscr and .mortrun extensions to launch Mortscript.exe. This doesn't happen during softresets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibman View Post
i like s2a but if I try to install it onto a rom that doesnt have it I get many errors
Elaborate please. You mean if you try to install S2A dialers on other roms you get errors? Or when you try to UNINSTALL S2A from MY rom you get errors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post
hey decibel, can you please tell me how to edit the "device information" under the settings option so that I can change the rom version?
You're killing me with this question! LOL.. Umm.. I THINK that is in the <OEM\Herman\COMMON\PKG_Raphael_Carrier> folder in the provxml. Maybe its in the provxml in OEMDrivers. I will have to look when I get home this evening. Send me a PM to remind me. I keep forgetting to post that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsperez View Post
Does the Full Sprint 21222 have TF3D2? I like that over the newer slide up and down thingie.

tsp
Well I THINK you are referring to Slide2Answer w/ Curtains. This is different from TF3D and WinMo built in touch technology. If I am mistaken, please correct me.

I agree with everyone so far. Unless someone can give me a valid argument to produce a ROM without TouchFlo/Manila/YouTube/etc, I will continue development as it stands. If this is the way I continue (which is my intentions ATM), we can revisit it when a valid FIX for the TF with WMo BuiltIN is found.
Accepting Donations - If you like my work, please donate! All Donations go to saving the world, uhhh.. and other things. Specifically to development of ROMs. I will share proceeds with all who have contributed. I am cool like that.

dB_ROM: [05.14.09] dB_ROM WM 6.5 21501,21502,21222,21231 ROM/Kitchen TouchPro [Multi-ROMs]
XDA Thread: Click Here
PPCG Thread: Click Here
sMMS: Click Here
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Any ETA on the update? (am I being a pest? )
Old 05-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibel View Post
You're killing me with this question! LOL.. Umm.. I THINK that is in the <OEM\Herman\COMMON\PKG_Raphael_Carrier> folder in the provxml. Maybe its in the provxml in OEMDrivers. I will have to look when I get home this evening. Send me a PM to remind me. I keep forgetting to post that.
lol in that folder I see that there is also an old version of google maps...is that a cab?

Is this the correct file to change the rom version?

/OEM/Herman/OEMVERSION/mxipupdate_OEM VERSION_100.provxml
Old 05-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

decibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on repdecibel is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
hey decibel, can you please tell me how to edit the "device information" under the settings option so that I can change the rom version?
Ok.. here:
ROM Version is in <OEM\Herman\COMMON\OEMVERSION\mxipupdate_OEMVERSIO N_100.provxml>
About Screen Build is in <EXT\Herman\COMMON\1Tweaks\1Herman\mxipupdate_Regi stry_Tweaks_1.provxml>

However, you can edit both of these in the registry:

ROM Version:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM]
"ROMVersion"="dB_ROM"
About Screen:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Versions]
"Aku"=" dB"
If you make the changes just to the registry, it will reset back to my settings on flash or hard reset. If you make them to the provxml's in the kitchen and build your own ROMs, then it will stay as you set them in provxmls. If you use my pre-built roms, just add it to your UC provisional xml or to your settings cab.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
lol in that folder I see that there is also an old version of google maps...is that a cab?

Is this the correct file to change the rom version?

/OEM/Herman/OEMVERSION/mxipupdate_OEM VERSION_100.provxml
Yes and Yes.

I have google maps install as a cab after rom flash so you can "upgrade" or "uninstall" it. Send me the most current cab so I can replace it. I am too lazy to go dl it from google. LOL.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
Any ETA on the update? (am I being a pest? )
Patience is a virtue. I am only on my lunch break. So I would probably say sometime tonight. I am in central US.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development