PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 03:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion
Re: [Aug 16] Longhorn ROM/KITCHEN 6.5 build 23028

I am wondering how you guys like this new build?
Waiting for NRG to put it on his!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alksion View Post
I am wondering how you guys like this new build?
Waiting for NRG to put it on his!
Keep waiting. That guy has a TP2 - so it may be awhile. I hope not though. This build is meh. Doesn't perform all that crisp. Messaging constantly opens up on it's own, as does the ActiveSync screen. You cannot use your side volume buttons. If you change a theme that is different that what's been configured to work with the build you loose the large buttons. The power settings are not following with what is put in the Power/Backlight menu (screen dims after 10 seconds no matter what), there's an old version of Google Maps. For some reason Sprint Navigation is on here (that should be cabbed and only added for those that use it). Plus the aesthetic issues I brought up on the previous posts...While most of these issues are strictly due to MS, to me it's not worth flashing to.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

echap10613 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Keep waiting. That guy has a TP2 - so it may be awhile. I hope not though. This build is meh. Doesn't perform all that crisp. Messaging constantly opens up on it's own, as does the ActiveSync screen. You cannot use your side volume buttons. If you change a theme that is different that what's been configured to work with the build you loose the large buttons. The power settings are not following with what is put in the Power/Backlight menu (screen dims after 10 seconds no matter what), there's an old version of Google Maps. For some reason Sprint Navigation is on here (that should be cabbed and only added for those that use it). Plus the aesthetic issues I brought up on the previous posts...While most of these issues are strictly due to MS, to me it's not worth flashing to.

Which rom do you reccomend. I tried Technology 1 rom but my Tom Tom won't work says out of memory, and this rom my World Card doesn't work, being a salesman I utilize these two programs a lot. I like both their rom's but just one program that I utilize on each rom that won't work.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by echap10613 View Post
Which rom do you reccomend. I tried Technology 1 rom but my Tom Tom won't work says out of memory, and this rom my World Card doesn't work, being a salesman I utilize these two programs a lot. I like both their rom's but just one program that I utilize on each rom that won't work.
Yeah that'll be hit-or-miss. Tech's ROM's are WAY too bloated for my tastes. I would give Caulk's ROM a go or even Groove's ROM (he may be over at everythingdiamond/XDA). Also I would try Energy's ROM as well.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

echap10613 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
Yeah that'll be hit-or-miss. Tech's ROM's are WAY too bloated for my tastes. I would give Caulk's ROM a go or even Groove's ROM (he may be over at everythingdiamond/XDA). Also I would try Energy's ROM as well.

Thanks, I will give them a try!
Old 08-22-2009, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

garyflynn is keeping up the good workgaryflynn is keeping up the good work

Yes. I'm still using 21731.

Thanks again, this thing does everything I want, much better than stock.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmai is a n00b

I love the Manila ROM Longhorn. The problem I have is trying to listen to my DRM audiobooks. With another ROM I can play it just fine but I cannot do it on this one. Is there a fix out there?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmai View Post
I love the Manila ROM Longhorn. The problem I have is trying to listen to my DRM audiobooks. With another ROM I can play it just fine but I cannot do it on this one. Is there a fix out there?
tell me what extension they are and i try to help or find out and other thing people i really did not like the last 8 or so reply on this thread i really think it was disrespectful and i was glad that i was not able to respond during the weekend because it ticked me off really bad so no more disrescting me or i will stop making roms for you people.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmai is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
tell me what extension they are and i try to help or find out and other thing people i really did not like the last 8 or so reply on this thread i really think it was disrespectful and i was glad that i was not able to respond during the weekend because it ticked me off really bad so no more disrescting me or i will stop making roms for you people.
It is with the WMA extensions.

Thank you.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:04 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
it is rude for sure...especially since you were the first out with 23025

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development