PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 09:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [May 24] Longhorn ROM build 21222/21231/21234

Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
You are doing something right and also rightous. Your rom's are great and mostly you always are there to help and inspire others like myself. So KUDO's to you dodge and all the chefs here that help and inspire others. And dodge thanks for the posting on 1st pagee.
well i try to help everyone as much as i can.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:55 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

alright the tf3d rom is up , for those who tried the tf33d2 and got a error with the link was because i took it down, it had a ugly ugly comm manager and i just could not have that so i switched it out
Old 05-25-2009, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G/Touch pro 2
Carrier: D Matrix / Sprint

cshep is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
alright the tf3d rom is up , for those who tried the tf33d2 and got a error with the link was because i took it down, it had a ugly ugly comm manager and i just could not have that so i switched it out
This is a great rom. Speed is stable and it doesn't stall like other roms when under a load. However, there are a few issues That if they can be resolved, would make this my forever rom. First, when setting up Contact Card, it will not let you use a picture from your album. When you try, it brings up this RED screen that can only be left by hitting the Home soft key. Secondly, The Communication Tab under Settings doesn't work. Had to figure out another way to set up bluetooth. If these problems could be resolved would really be appreciated.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshep View Post
This is a great rom. Speed is stable and it doesn't stall like other roms when under a load. However, there are a few issues That if they can be resolved, would make this my forever rom. First, when setting up Contact Card, it will not let you use a picture from your album. When you try, it brings up this RED screen that can only be left by hitting the Home soft key. Secondly, The Communication Tab under Settings doesn't work. Had to figure out another way to set up bluetooth. If these problems could be resolved would really be appreciated.
Are you using longhorn's latest 21234 build? I just got it set because I have been meesing with a kitchen. But I use both the the Titanium and TF3D features and had none of these issues mentioned on using pictures from album for contacts or the communication tab issue you mentioned. Did you also do a "hard reset" right after you flashed? This is usually reccomended.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 05-25-2009, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
well in the 21231 build i had not problem with blue tooth, and same goes for 21234 now its possible that you downloaded the ugly comm setting which i had no clue how it creeped into the rom but that's fixed, now for the contact picture if your using tf3d2 i believe the only way to do is from hte picture its self...not my fault but tf3d2 waiting for new release from xda..and i am glad your enjoying my rom i did alot of work on these
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

or if you go to contacts, click on their name and click on edit contact, then scroll down and click more and u should be able to do it from there.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
well in the 21231 build i had not problem with blue tooth, and same goes for 21234 now its possible that you downloaded the ugly comm setting which i had no clue how it creeped into the rom but that's fixed, now for the contact picture if your using tf3d2 i believe the only way to do is from hte picture its self...not my fault but tf3d2 waiting for new release from xda..and i am glad your enjoying my rom i did alot of work on these
Sorry for not clarifying. If I went to the settings tab and then hit communications, the link was broken. I installed Topaz comm manager and that now works perfectly. Second problem from contact card worked in StarRom1.7m, StarRom1.6. and SsS Rom 3.0. directly from Settings Tab, enter information and then choose picture from album. It does work with camera. Some roms I have used Contact Card didn't work at all. Contact Card is the only bug I have found and that is not really a big deal, more than a glitch in the Matrix. Thanks for all the hard work.=D>
Old 05-25-2009, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Sorry for not clarifying. If I went to the settings tab and then hit communications, the link was broken. I installed Topaz comm manager and that now works perfectly. Second problem from contact card worked in StarRom1.7m, StarRom1.6. and SsS Rom 3.0. directly from Settings Tab, enter information and then choose picture from album. It does work with camera. Some roms I have used Contact Card didn't work at all. Contact Card is the only bug I have found and that is not really a big deal, more than a glitch in the Matrix. Thanks for all the hard work.=D>
you must of been running the first releaase of the 21234 as i said i replaced it because it did not have a comm manager in the rom and that was my bad forgot to add it...i will see if i can get the update from star rom for the contact card...i modified the tf3d2 my self to work because i cant get updates for it, so i been doing my own while waiting for the new release.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Groovy. I am truly impressed by the speed and stability of this rom. Starmans Roms have been very, very stable. My concern was memory consumption with StarRoms which always increased to about 75-80% over a 24 hour peroid. It had a slight impact on performance over time. Your Rom seems to have given me better system speed without the sluggishness that sometimes happen with wmG5 and my memory useage has been at 56% for about three hours now with all the same programs running that can and do use memory. Contact Card is a groovy little feature but not system necessary. Thanks for your quick response to my questions and observations.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Groovy. I am truly impressed by the speed and stability of this rom. Starmans Roms have been very, very stable. My concern was memory consumption with StarRoms which always increased to about 75-80% over a 24 hour peroid. It had a slight impact on performance over time. Your Rom seems to have given me better system speed without the sluggishness that sometimes happen with wmG5 and my memory useage has been at 56% for about three hours now with all the same programs running that can and do use memory. Contact Card is a groovy little feature but not system necessary. Thanks for your quick response to my questions and observations.
no problem and hey to help decrease memory usage i put in the tools folder a cleanram just run it and it takes maybe a min tops and recovers alot of mem, mine was at 55% and i ran it and put me down to 44%

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development