PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 11:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pwc realtor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-2-09] KK's Loaded ROM v2.0Beta2 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [

I've had the camera issue since KK 1.8. I wonder if the reason some people are not having the issue is that they have done something to modify their camera software.

Here is a picture I took with the camera in landscape orientation using KK 1.8. The flat part of the tire WAS at the botom of the viewfinder when taken.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:32 AM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [4-2-09] KK's Loaded ROM v2.0Beta2 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwc realtor View Post
I've had the camera issue since KK 1.8. I wonder if the reason some people are not having the issue is that they have done something to modify their camera software.

Here is a picture I took with the camera in landscape orientation using KK 1.8. The flat part of the tire WAS at the botom of the viewfinder when taken.
I haven't done anything to mod the camera.

I don't really understand the issue. If you took the picture in landscape, don't you want to look at the picture in landscape (like with the phone turned sideways)?

When I open up a landscape picture, it stays in landscape (like the flat tire would be at the left side of the screen in portrait and on the bottom in landscape). When I do turn my phone, the pic does rotate eventually, but then reverts back a few seconds later to the orientation you took it in. I think this is a huge benefit and a great feature as it utilizes all the available screen.

So, I don't think this is a bug on the album's part. It looks like it is set up to display the photo how it was taken. Like it displays the pic in the orientation you took it.

**Why do you want to see a landscape pic in portrait mode? It's so much smaller, and there are huge black bars at the top and bottom wasting screen space.

I don't really see this as an issue, but like I said before this is sorta a moot point cause there is already a newer HTC album out there that I'm sure KK will incorporate into his rom eventually. Might want to see if "fixes" your problem.

I'll be honest, I'm rooting against you though as I quite like the album in this version, couldn't stand the one in v1.7. I don't mean this in a hateful or mean way, just playfully stating my personal preference. I also think that once you consider the way it works now, you'll find you like it better. The album allows the pic to utilize the most screen space possible, and you can just orient your phone as to how you took it. Love this feature.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 04-07-2009, 07:19 AM
N00b

pwc realtor is a n00b

the issue is that when you take a picture in landscape which is the camera app's default orientation, this ROM is not auto rotating the pictures so when you send a picture it comes out incorretly. In my book that's kinda a big deal since it defeats the whole purpos of taking a quick picture and sending it off the Facebook,TwitPic,BrightKite,etc.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I think I finally understand the issue...I have posted to facebook with a picture of my son taken from my TP. I took the picture of him sideways (landscaped.) I sent posted it to facebook...and it was posted in portrait which made the image look SIDEWAYS.

Well, remember that the TouchPro at the end of the day is a PPC aka. WinMo device aka a smart phone. NOW...I have yet to see ANY digital camera that will auto rotate a picture you took say in portrait and turn it sideways into landscape. I would do this on my PC and rotate the image.

As for our TP...I think the camera function is what it is...a functioning 3 mp camera. Keyword is FUNCTIONING. I think its a bit much to ask for a feature that is NOT even available in normal OR even high end digi-cameras.

With all that being said...the work around is use S2V. I would take pix of the kids and send them off to their grandparentals...they are usually too big to send (still haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong about adjustin the reg for Arcsoft) Sending thru S2V is rotates pix with a finger swipe and sends an albeit smaller image...but correctly oriented.

sorry if this seemed off topic
Old 04-07-2009, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

Loki007420 is a n00b

is there any way to turn the damn auto filled text (t9) off??? It is driveing me out of my mind... Not only is it too slow for me but once i send a text message it puts the last word in my text into a new text message...
Old 04-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mike.elam is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki007420 View Post
is there any way to turn the damn auto filled text (t9) off??? It is driveing me out of my mind... Not only is it too slow for me but once i send a text message it puts the last word in my text into a new text message...
When you open up the software keyboard there is a button that says abc/t9. If you press it, it will turn the T9 off or on.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO - VirusROM

SnoopDawg is keeping up the good workSnoopDawg is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
... Also, experiencing the world time issue (known rhodium tf3d bug.)
Just go to settings -> System -> Clock & Alarms, depending on the time zone, it may select the wrong one. if you are -5, it may select Indiana (USA) or Eastern US, etc. The same with -6, changes to the wrong time zone that doesn't honor DST, but still -6.

I still use this with G-Alarm to wake up every morning.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 AM
N00b

pwc realtor is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
I think I finally understand the issue...I have posted to facebook with a picture of my son taken from my TP. I took the picture of him sideways (landscaped.) I sent posted it to facebook...and it was posted in portrait which made the image look SIDEWAYS.

Well, remember that the TouchPro at the end of the day is a PPC aka. WinMo device aka a smart phone. NOW...I have yet to see ANY digital camera that will auto rotate a picture you took say in portrait and turn it sideways into landscape. I would do this on my PC and rotate the image.

As for our TP...I think the camera function is what it is...a functioning 3 mp camera. Keyword is FUNCTIONING. I think its a bit much to ask for a feature that is NOT even available in normal OR even high end digi-cameras.

With all that being said...the work around is use S2V. I would take pix of the kids and send them off to their grandparentals...they are usually too big to send (still haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong about adjustin the reg for Arcsoft) Sending thru S2V is rotates pix with a finger swipe and sends an albeit smaller image...but correctly oriented.

sorry if this seemed off topic
Agreed. I am just saying that I tried a few other ROM before deciding on KK and all of them plus the stock rom rotate the picture since the HTC camera is mean to be used in landscape mode (all of the control are set up that way). I am hoping someone finds out waht is different on this rom that is affecting the camera.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Lurker

Horace is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.elam View Post
When you open up the software keyboard there is a button that says abc/t9. If you press it, it will turn the T9 off or on.
---

I'm guessing the original poster, like me, wants it off permanently.

Even if you hit the button to turn T9 off, it's back on the next time the keyboard pops up.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mike.elam is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace View Post
---

I'm guessing the original poster, like me, wants it off permanently.

Even if you hit the button to turn T9 off, it's back on the next time the keyboard pops up.
I had this problem with V2.0Beta1 but not in Beta2. I would suggest hard reset and see if problem is resolved.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development