PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

agentjonnyb is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Build 21XXX--which ROM is fastest and most stable?

With the release of TF3D2 finalized coming tomorrow, it's time to find out which ROM is best to use it on, as only builds 21000+ can use the menu enhancements included in the new cab. TF3D2 itself works with any build, but without showing the menu enhancements.

I and many others am on MightyROM 4.14, which I love (awesome job Mike!) and really want to find a wm build 21XXX rom of similar speed...
Old 03-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Build 21XXX--which ROM is fastest and most stable?

You don't need 21XXX for the new menus, just the gwes.exe from a 21XXX build
Old 03-21-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Cool! Where can we find this "gwes.exe"?
Old 03-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentjonnyb View Post
With the release of TF3D2 finalized coming tomorrow, it's time to find out which ROM is best to use it on, as only builds 21000+ can use the menu enhancements included in the new cab. TF3D2 itself works with any build, but without showing the menu enhancements.

I and many others am on MightyROM 4.14, which I love (awesome job Mike!) and really want to find a wm build 21XXX rom of similar speed...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentjonnyb View Post
Cool! Where can we find this "gwes.exe"?
I found the answer myself. Here you go if you don't want to actually update your rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1177
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I found the answer myself. Here you go if you don't want to actually update your rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1177
Thank you so much dude!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
So where does someone get the gwes.exe, because when he does release tf3d2, i want the updated notifications, and i would love to stay on my stock rom if possible.

Last edited by p-slim; 03-21-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: sorry for the bump, i think you finished right before me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:02 PM
What the VIP is going on!
Pocket PC: iPhone/TP2/TP1
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint

silence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation level

21038 looks pretty good to me..!!

Even thoe I made roms on about 5 different sys I still not sure as to which is the most stable.

Note: I believe my ver6 is the fastest and best rom I ever used.

Last edited by silence12782; 03-21-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence12782 View Post
21038 looks pretty good to me..!!

Even thoe I made roms on about 5 different sys I still not sure as to which is the most stable.

Note: I believe my ver6 is the fastest and best rom I ever used.
I thought your rom used 20765. You may want to update the first post.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

smegma is becoming a great contributor

I don't believe it's a final release. Xbmod mentioned that the team will release this version and continue to work on a final.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:36 PM
Bay Area Boss

After doing that guys update, my phone froze. Don't do it if you haven't done it yet otherwise a hard reset is a quick fix.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development