PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 01:10 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Post Your SDconfig.txt, provisioning.xml, etc. Files Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
What is the default for Hotmail account when I manually input account info POP3 / SMTP ?

Are we saying no one really knows Hotmail settings yet ? That seems impossible...

I use GMail and Hotmail, and will be my first time using XML in SD Auto... hence looking for all the info first.

Thanks
Have you tried using OEMizer to set that up? There's a post in here about how to use OEMizer.

I went to Hotmail/Windows Live site and found this (attachment) I thought it was funny because it's talking about Hotmail finally gets on the POP train and would you look at the advertisement!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HMPOPTP.jpg (12.9 KB, 65 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by elephant007; 03-07-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring
Threadstarter

ryangruhn is keeping up the good workryangruhn is keeping up the good work

I think the issue is that it not only sets up email but also contacts via Windows Live. Which make the settings different. Honestly, I can't wait to be proven wrong about this and hope someone posts a soultion!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

JohnAD is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangruhn View Post
I think the issue is that it not only sets up email but also contacts via Windows Live. Which make the settings different. Honestly, I can't wait to be proven wrong about this and hope someone posts a soultion!
You're right. The POP3 way makes hotmail just like using gmail. You get none of the windows live benefits. You wouldnt think it would be so hard to figure out how Windows Live works but I'm baffled as how to back it up.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

You and the rest of the world. It's one of the last things to figure out how to put into .xml so that my phone is fully automated after every rom update.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAD View Post
You're right. The POP3 way makes hotmail just like using gmail. You get none of the windows live benefits. You wouldnt think it would be so hard to figure out how Windows Live works but I'm baffled as how to back it up.
So,if I don't want Contacts sync - wha else would I loose if it syncs up at least my hotmail and it auto setup ?
Old 03-08-2009, 06:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

JohnAD is just getting started

Quote:
You and the rest of the world. It's one of the last things to figure out how to put into .xml so that my phone is fully automated after every rom update.
That and getting the damn bluetooth to pair automatically with my car after hard reset.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
So,if I don't want Contacts sync - wha else would I loose if it syncs up at least my hotmail and it auto setup ?

Anyone please ?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Anyone please ?
I would assume that's it.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: ATR 3.0- I just pay Sprint for Minutes.

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok so i have a provxml that i have for a rom im building an need to change a few entries because other registry oem's i made are not taking it over.....i edited the provxml but not sure if that will do the trick or how to convert the provxml to rgu.....any ideas?, or if there is a rgu to cab and i can edit it like that and then convert cab to rgu.....any ideas? TIA
Old 03-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Closest I've gotten is having Windows Live have my username already set up. I still have to open it up, enter password, and choose my sync options...

I know, not much help at all. I've been trying figure this out for a while.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development