PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nighthawk0113 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC]

I have been testing out multiple ROMs this week...I mostly do internet browsing and lots of text messaging. So far, I think that this has been the most stable one yet, but I have been having problems with the programs tab. I installed the fix as noted in earlier posts, but the icon buttons are still unresponsive. They do show up, but I can't remove or add anything. Any ideas??
Old 10-28-2009, 07:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thumbs down Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakko69 View Post
What about my GPS? I did the Upgrade and it look like I lost GPS?
I am experiencing the same issue with a variety of 6.5.1 ROMs, they all seem to have major issues with locking and maintaining a lock. One or two even reboot after a satellite lock .

Guess that means I have to downgrade until this is worked out

GPS is the third most important function for me so this really sux.

Good luck!

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmillertimexx View Post
I was wondering if theres a CAB to apply the same wallpaper to every tab?
Try this...
Attached Files
File Type: cab BkAlltabs_manila_2.1_VGA.CAB (115.2 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Cricket

wakko69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to wakko69 Send a message via Yahoo to wakko69

Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
I am experiencing the same issue with a variety of 6.5.1 ROMs, they all seem to have major issues with locking and maintaining a lock. One or two even reboot after a satellite lock .

Guess that means I have to downgrade until this is worked out

GPS is the third most important function for me so this really sux.

Good luck!

-s
It took some time but it working now, also how can I get the information tab back into the personal folder to register galarm????
Old 10-30-2009, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

bladed2 is keeping up the good workbladed2 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bladed2

Glad to finally hear news from Juicy. I'm on Indagroove's Topaz Rom right now, which is the closest thing to a Juicy Rom for me, but I can't wait to flash back to Juicy.
Telus Radio 1.04.05V
Old 10-31-2009, 06:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gimmeabreak is a n00b
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

voted. Thanks, Juicy!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drnick5 is just getting started

I just flashed to this rom after using the Mighty/Silence rom for quite some time. I'm impressed by its speed, and so far stability (only been using it for a day so far, but im impressed) this is also my first dive into the Windows Mobile 6.5 pool.

One question/problem I found is with text messeging... if I get a text and scroll to the text messaging tab on the touch flo and then tap on the text (to send a reply) it opens up the convo so I can reply. the problem is, if I reply in this window, I can't see what I wrote after I hit send, it will only show me what the other person has said... Now, if I scroll to the text tab on the touch flo, and hit "all messages" (instead of taping on the text I want to reply to) it will list all my texts threads, if I click on 1 i it opens up the convo, but it looks different then the other window did (if I had just opened the text through the touch flo (looks like it did on WM 6.1) and in here, if I type a message, I'll be able to see what I typed as well as what the other person said Anyone else having this problem. it seems very strange that theres 2 different style text messaging windows. (am I making sense? lol)

any help would be appreciated

Last edited by drnick5; 10-31-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnick5 View Post
I just flashed to this rom after using the Mighty/Silence rom for quite some time. I'm impressed by its speed, and so far stability (only been using it for a day so far, but im impressed) this is also my first dive into the Windows Mobile 6.5 pool.

One question/problem I found is with text messeging... if I get a text and scroll to the text messaging tab on the touch flo and then tap on the text (to send a reply) it opens up the convo so I can reply. the problem is, if I reply in this window, I can't see what I wrote after I hit send, it will only show me what the other person has said... Now, if I scroll to the text tab on the touch flo, and hit "all messages" (instead of taping on the text I want to reply to) it will list all my texts threads, if I click on 1 i it opens up the convo, but it looks different then the other window did (if I had just opened the text through the touch flo (looks like it did on WM 6.1) and in here, if I type a message, I'll be able to see what I typed as well as what the other person said Anyone else having this problem. it seems very strange that theres 2 different style text messaging windows. (am I making sense? lol)

any help would be appreciated
well I just flashed this rom last night and can see the threaded text messaging just fine (sent and received). So maybe its something on your end that you installed that's making it do that. although the tapping "all messages" and it taking you to the default winmo text message screen is normal. That's just how manila 2.1 works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thanks for the info. the things I used to install into silence mighty were arcsoftMMS (for sprint) and the 160 hack for text messeges. (maybe thats what did it?)

I'm going to try a master reset and not install any cabs and see what happens. the other thing I noticed is it doesn't display how many character you've typed in your text message (its nice to see a count to know how many character I have left to use) is there a fix for that?
Old 10-31-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

after a master reset it seems to be fine. I also didn't realize that this already is set up for texts of 160 characters (my previous rom only did 140 so I had to use the sms160 cab... that probably mess this up, lol)

so my last question, is there a way to have it show you how many characters are in the text? one view does and the other doesn't (if you tap to reply to a text it doesn't show you how many characters are in the message... but if you view all text messages and then click on the one you want to reply to, it will show it in that view)

Edit: Also, I installed opera mini and would like to replace it with opera mobile thats currently on here, is there any way to make it so when I tap "internet" it launched opera mini and not opera mobile?

Last edited by drnick5; 10-31-2009 at 04:30 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development