PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

would that affect the whole phone? even when i depresss the talk button even the vc is lagging. i downloaded the rom on 9/2. is that the newest one?
Old 09-08-2009, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
would that affect the whole phone? even when i depresss the talk button even the vc is lagging. i downloaded the rom on 9/2. is that the newest one?
it is.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 09-08-2009, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thelastpoet is keeping up the good workthelastpoet is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpd87 View Post
Hi, I've searched several different ways but can't find help on a problem. I appreciate your help, really I do becuase I've already spent at least 4 hours trying to find a fix for this....... I have a TP flashed to MetroPCS and its running Juicy 8 ROM. My SMS always shows that I have 1 unread text after I've read them all. If I get a new text it will show 2, 3, etc, but never less than 1. I've cleared out all my texts and soft reset the device already. I really don't want to hard reset it because It took me a week to get my MMS working right and I don't want to loose those settings.

Thanks again.
open this zip file...move the program in it to the phone...run from the phone...after its completed turn off the phone(not soft reset) and then turn it back on...

should get rid of that hanging notification
Attached Files
File Type: zip FixUnreadCount.zip (3.5 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

shpd87 is a n00b

Hey thelastpoet, Thank you very much for the help!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

acurattack is a n00b

Keyboard Issues:
Anybody having problems with the hardware keyboard in the latest release? Typing has become increasingly difficult (with both keyboards). The hardware keyboard in particular has started to malfunction....very long delays between letters and sometimes not typing at all. I know it is still connected because the backlight still comes on. Soft resets do not help. I've not yet installed the SMS Count removal tool, but I can't imagine it's just the SMS counter.

Softkey Issues:
When entering messaging especially, the softkeys do not seem to keep up with the changing screens. For instance, when clicking an email, the softkeys still show Delete and Menu instead of Reply All and Menu. They still work normally when pressed. Sidenote: I installed the Arcsoft Alltel MMS 5.0.69.44.cab immediately after hard reset.

Other probs (already addressed):
Bg4alltabs
Phone scrollbar
Camera photo view screen
Previous messaging screens showing during transitions
General slowness compared to previous release
Old 09-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurattack View Post
Keyboard Issues:
Anybody having problems with the hardware keyboard in the latest release? Typing has become increasingly difficult (with both keyboards). The hardware keyboard in particular has started to malfunction....very long delays between letters and sometimes not typing at all. I know it is still connected because the backlight still comes on. Soft resets do not help. I've not yet installed the SMS Count removal tool, but I can't imagine it's just the SMS counter.

Softkey Issues:
When entering messaging especially, the softkeys do not seem to keep up with the changing screens. For instance, when clicking an email, the softkeys still show Delete and Menu instead of Reply All and Menu. They still work normally when pressed. Sidenote: I installed the Arcsoft Alltel MMS 5.0.69.44.cab immediately after hard reset.

Other probs (already addressed):
Bg4alltabs
Phone scrollbar
Camera photo view screen
Previous messaging screens showing during transitions
General slowness compared to previous release
Been scanning through pages of threads looking for fixes. Anything on the camera issues like phone locking up, no flash, can see other apps during transitions, keyboard lag is back?

Old 09-09-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

knife is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to knife

Juicy,

I've used the last few versions and I have always found your ROMs to be rocking. Unfortunately this is the first that I found to be so unstable that it becomes un-useable. For now I've reverted back, but I will look forward to the next one! Don't let us pushy users whine you into releasing before you are ready .

PS. Your avatar nearly got me trouble, but even my boss commented on how nice it is ....
Radio: VzW Release 2 (v1.03.09V)

Last edited by knife; 09-09-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

christian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchristian.a is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am a nooB here and I agree with knife. i can only imagine the countless hours that you put into these roms. I was excited to be on e of the first few hundred to try this newest release because the previous version rocked! I will flash back to previous Juicy ROM and let the professional do what they do best.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.a View Post
Been scanning through pages of threads looking for fixes. Anything on the camera issues like phone locking up, no flash, can see other apps during transitions, keyboard lag is back?
Yeah.
Look at mine & ahuskins posts there should be two different "HTC DShow" cabs posted a couple days ago. Each one helps but breaks something else. There is no full solution yet.
I prefer the WAlien one.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

6.5 Build 23045

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development