PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

Everette 09-01-2009 10:27 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everette (Post 1132508)
Is anyone having an issue with connecting a bluetooth headset staying in Wireless Stereo and not allowing Hands Free Calling?

I have a Motorola SD9 HD and when taking conference calls, the phone will eventually cut out (I am assuming because the phone thinks the headset is in stereo mode and not call mode).

I notice that the status (at the top next to the data connection) of my bluetooth headset connection will be in Stereo Mode whether I am taking a call or listening to music. The only way for it to switch to Hands Free is to go into the headset partnership settings and then un-check Wireless Stereo.

So, is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Does anyone know what bluetooth stack is being used in the 090830H release?

I did some testing by switching to an old MightyRom 7.18.09 and it looks like my bluetooth problems have been resolved. This leads me to believe that the bluetooth drivers being used in this recent version of Juicy's Rom might have some compatibility issues (with my headset and possibly others).

Can someone else run some tests confirming that it is an issue and not just some compatibility issues with my headset?

Can someone PM me a link to the previous Juicy release so I can run some test on that as well (the link that is a couple of pages back leads to a dead file on Rapidshare)?

purian23 09-01-2009 10:28 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahuskins (Post 1132089)
Ahh, the donation KING. Love it! Seriously, just glancing at that last post kinda made me chuckle. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Purian - If I ever come up with anything donation worthy I'm definitely wanting you on the bandwagon!!!!

LOL...Hey good job yourself dude, you've been helping a lot getting some issues resovled, much appreciated by many. Oh yea, I wish I had something donation worthy, I just cant grasp the time to learn how to create like our greats here., So since their here, I'll do what I can.!

Noir 09-01-2009 11:00 AM

23041 fixes quite a few bugs found in juicy rom (volume issue especially) as well as some aesthetic issues too
juicy you may want to see if you can test that build

nemoid 09-01-2009 11:04 AM

23041.. hmm. got a link? :)

Deltatristar500 09-01-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahuskins (Post 1131969)
Howdie folks. Been readin up since this afternoon glad Psyki got you guys straight on the Programs tab. I didn't have a cab or anything in my sashimi but each time I would flash and run sashimi the programs tab would show up. I guess I did back that reg up when I created it a while back. Anyway glad you have the fix for that now.

On a second note I have this ROM customized and running exceptionally well.
For those of you shy to try due to the bugs most of them are fixable. The biggest one I've seen folks talking about and the one which would make it really tough to use is the keyboard issue. This is fixable. I am using fingerkeyboard and while I DIDN'T prefer it to EZINPUT you can get used to it and actually it is quite good. It has more features too, which is a good thing, so give it a shot. I posted about it a while back. Don't forget you will need the sip changer to select it.

Thirdly - the things I haven't been able to fix. Well, it's really only one biggie: THE CAMERA. No viewfinder. However, last night as I was plugging it in to charge I tried the camera again. Dark room and noticed I could see the alarm clock on the screen. So, I turned on the flash and bam viewfinder worked. Now, back to not working. Don't know what I did/then undid if anything.

Also, on the internet tab, opera won't launch. I know I could probably fix this but haven't gotten to it yet.

So folks - Flash away, then ask because we CAN fix most of your issues.

thanks for all your work on the fixes, would it be to much trouble to make a sticky post with all the fixes?

Thanks again!

skruff77 09-01-2009 02:17 PM

is there a way to make the bottom start row smaller?

dwizzy130 09-01-2009 03:27 PM

Holy crap Juicy. After using this new ROM for 2 days now, I'm finally used to it and I gotta say I love it. I don't want to go back to plain old 6.5. Aside from the issue with the SIP and the programs not knowing about the bottom taskbar's height, I have no problems with this ROM at all( I don't use YouTube or the Camera really).
Keep up the amazing work. And like I said before, once I get some money I can spare, it's deff headed your way.

dwizzy130

Everette 09-01-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everette (Post 1132584)
Does anyone know what bluetooth stack is being used in the 090830H release?

I did some testing by switching to an old MightyRom 7.18.09 and it looks like my bluetooth problems have been resolved. This leads me to believe that the bluetooth drivers being used in this recent version of Juicy's Rom might have some compatibility issues (with my headset and possibly others).

Can someone else run some tests confirming that it is an issue and not just some compatibility issues with my headset?

Can someone PM me a link to the previous Juicy release so I can run some test on that as well (the link that is a couple of pages back leads to a dead file on Rapidshare)?

Anybody?

ahuskins 09-01-2009 04:30 PM

Anybody else having issues posting replies?

+1 for the Showcase Taskmanager post previously. Works great!

I wouldn't mind putting something together sticky wise for this ROM setup. I may create something and put it in my signature. What file format would you guys prefer? pdf?

dwizzy130 09-01-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everette (Post 1133413)
Anybody?

This is the beta that was released before the current release:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...30#post1129685

dwizzy130