PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

sc00b4s7eve 08-31-2009 04:45 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

3 Attachment(s)
Anyone Interested In A Working Programs Tab For Manila 2.1?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554330

-I threw in an additional/optional reg file in the cab's zip folder that will map the Right Softkey on Manila's HomeTab to the Programs Tab.

-As an afterthought- It has a default of 32 items (8 rows in Portrait). I didn't need nearly that many so I dropped it to 20 items (6 rows). I feel like no programs are lost in the middle rows anymore either. You'll see what I mean.

Edit: Forgot to give you all the enable_programs_tab that comes in the TFlo2.1 optional installs folder. Thanks for providing the reg keys for everyone until I got back online.

Sharkie405 08-31-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve (Post 1130154)
[CENTER]Anyone Interested In A Working Programs Tab For Manila 2.1?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554330

-I threw in an additional/optional reg file in the cab's zip folder that will map the Right Softkey on Manila's HomeTab to the Programs Tab.

-As an afterthought- It has a default of 32 items (8 rows in Portrait). I didn't need nearly that many so I dropped it to 20 items (6 rows). I feel like no programs are lost in the middle rows anymore either. You'll see what I mean.

Sweet! Thanks! I was wondering about a programs tab solution, but hadn't seen any talk about it. I for one love having a programs tab.

ycats 08-31-2009 08:15 AM

anybody get the PocketRAR to work properly? When you first open the application, you're supposed to hit the "ok" button to accept those file assocations, but the "ok" button is hidden by the clock in the top-right.........I had this problem on Black Dragon's 23037 but you could hit the back-arrow button that's above the phone-end button to okay it, but doesn't work with this rom.

nemoid 08-31-2009 08:17 AM

hmm... I like the new Manila build... but I am not thrilled about the new WM build.

If they're planning to release this to the public as 6.5, they're screwed. It sucks.

Noir 08-31-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemoid (Post 1130208)
hmm... I like the new Manila build... but I am not thrilled about the new WM build.

If they're planning to release this to the public as 6.5, they're screwed. It sucks.

and yet sadly this is wm 6.5.1 =)
at least in the beta stages
many decried wm 6.5 initially as well but people began to enjoy it too very much too =)

thelastpoet 08-31-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycats (Post 1130207)
anybody get the PocketRAR to work properly? When you first open the application, you're supposed to hit the "ok" button to accept those file assocations, but the "ok" button is hidden by the clock in the top-right.........I had this problem on Black Dragon's 23037 but you could hit the back-arrow button that's above the phone-end button to okay it, but doesn't work with this rom.

the ok button is on the bottom now

BrianPAdams 08-31-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Keep in mind MS is still playing with UI changes and these are just "leaked" versions of those experiments. MW6.5 went gold and will be released officially in October. That version will have the older style UI with the start and ok/close buttons on the top and only two soft keys along the bottom. A couple weeks ago MS announced they would have a WM6.5 Refresh in February of 2010. This would provide an updated and more finger-friendly UI. What you are seeing now is MS playing with different finger-friendly ideas.

Personally, I like the changes. They took a little time to get used to but I haven't pulled out my stylus since 23034 was leaked. Of course it changes the ClientRectangle assigned to windows and any program that hard-codes screen locations is going to be horked by these changes. Aside form the Task Manager which overlays the ok/close button, I feel any window that doesn't draw itself correctly because of these changes wasn't coded properly to begin with. Those windows should be asking for the upper left boundary and the screen size instead of making fixed assumptions. But like any technology-preview version, if you are going to play with it, you need to accept the fact that things aren't guaranteed to work.

RMD 08-31-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

I'm a flashaholic and I read this alot from people who haven't really given it some time. The new build over time is much better and I find overall it makes much more sense to have those top buttons on the bottom, they are much easier to press and makes up for the lack of additional hardware keys.
I still have nightmares about trying to press the x button!

nemoid 08-31-2009 10:33 AM

I'm not talking about just the new location of the Start Menu/OK button, I'm talking about the overall feel and use of the entire OS. I understand that it is a pre-release of 6.5.1 but overall, I think it's crap. The entire OS is unpolished, awkward and just not up to snuff. They can do more "finger-friendly" operations without taking up half the screen as well.

I never had to take my stylus out before this release, either. I'm hoping MS improves WM quick, because I'm planning on jumping ship soon if there's nothing to keep me. TBH, if it wasn't for TF3D, I probably would have left already. I try using Titanium all the time and I always end up going back to TF3D.

Noir 08-31-2009 10:58 AM

considering that the OS may in fact be primarily getting ready for capacitive touch screens, it is no question that the OS feels a bit weird on a resistive touch screen device
in that scenario its no question that a lot of the operations are the result for the finger friendly feel...keep that in mind that this is an OS that may be for finger input and not stylus input
I found clicking on a start menu in the top of the screen to be completely annoying and obtrusive but we have workarounds...
i honestly like the changes MS is making because they will be here to stay