PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

sc00b4s7eve 09-01-2009 03:00 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090830H (23037.5.3.0) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahuskins (Post 1132219)
You know, it could be. I am assuming you didn't install the other DShow? Does your youtube audio work?

Stock D-Show
- screenshot-look instead of transitions between emails & when reviewing photos or videos in Camera.

**NOT RECOMMENDED, just informational**
HTC DShow 2.0.19143026.WAlien.cab - Youtube Audio broken again but everything else seems OK. I'll see if it has any negative effect on GarminXT Mobile tomorrow.

Didnt try the one you posted yet... but I've abused this ROM enough. I'll get back to you tomorrow after HardReset (only my 2nd one, and I put it off all day).
Juicy makes such an awesome ROM that I seriously just throw apps at it trying to break it, most of the time unsuccessfully. But I finally broke the double-tap zoom in Opera and HTCAlbum.

Sharkie405 09-01-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahuskins (Post 1131969)
Howdie folks. Been readin up since this afternoon glad Psyki got you guys straight on the Programs tab. I didn't have a cab or anything in my sashimi but each time I would flash and run sashimi the programs tab would show up. I guess I did back that reg up when I created it a while back. Anyway glad you have the fix for that now.

On a second note I have this ROM customized and running exceptionally well.
For those of you shy to try due to the bugs most of them are fixable. The biggest one I've seen folks talking about and the one which would make it really tough to use is the keyboard issue. This is fixable. I am using fingerkeyboard and while I DIDN'T prefer it to EZINPUT you can get used to it and actually it is quite good. It has more features too, which is a good thing, so give it a shot. I posted about it a while back. Don't forget you will need the sip changer to select it.

Thirdly - the things I haven't been able to fix. Well, it's really only one biggie: THE CAMERA. No viewfinder. However, last night as I was plugging it in to charge I tried the camera again. Dark room and noticed I could see the alarm clock on the screen. So, I turned on the flash and bam viewfinder worked. Now, back to not working. Don't know what I did/then undid if anything.

Also, on the internet tab, opera won't launch. I know I could probably fix this but haven't gotten to it yet.

So folks - Flash away, then ask because we CAN fix most of your issues.

Yeah, I did finally get fingerkeyboard to work. To anyone who's not tried it, you definitely should. I think it's great. I feel that it responds quicker than the EZinput keyboard. Typing numbers is such a breeze and so quick without even having to go to a number pad. I love how you can change what the buttons do to. Filling in all the usual forms is a breeze. I have my email address, screen names and the like set as buttons on the keyboard.
My internet tab as always worked fine. I agree if you haven't flashed yet due to bugs...JUMP ON IN! It's great! These boys got you covered.

apinkel 09-01-2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzicman82 (Post 1130992)
The new build seems fast and lot less laggy than the last... I don't mind the OK and Start buttons at the bottom... It's easier to hit them one-handed now... but I really need a nice way like HTC's Quick Menu to switch programs.. Without that easy ability, it's almost like a non-multitask phone... and if I wanted one of those, I'd get an iPhone.

Something you may want to consider is moving to e-natives showcase task manager. It's free, stable, fast, very finger friendly and it's design is a spot on fit for TF3D. I use this along with keyboard configurator and use a double click of the center button to bring up the task manager. No more reaching to the top of the phone to access the task list.

Showcase:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4030896
Keyboard configurator:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71233

nemoid 09-01-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apinkel (Post 1132435)
Something you may want to consider is moving to e-natives showcase task manager. It's free, stable, fast, very finger friendly and it's design is a spot on fit for TF3D. I use this along with keyboard configurator and use a double click of the center button to bring up the task manager. No more reaching to the top of the phone to access the task list.

Showcase:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4030896
Keyboard configurator:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71233

Wow that looks great! I think I'm gonna try it out.

mookiemoo 09-01-2009 08:07 AM

i am using mighty rom 6 and that is all i have used. I am anxious to try your rom. i have been waiting for an updated one to try. when will you be releasing it? how efficient will it be on the battery? that is my biggest problem with MR6

sudermatt 09-01-2009 08:56 AM

I'm wondering about the customizations.

I let another 037 ROM run thru customizations and it completely hosed my Verizon Settings. it took me a week to get back to where I was.

Is this ROM safe to let customizations run if I'm on Verizon?

Thanks,
Matt

jshaas2 09-01-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemoo (Post 1132451)
i am using mighty rom 6 and that is all i have used. I am anxious to try your rom. i have been waiting for an updated one to try. when will you be releasing it? how efficient will it be on the battery? that is my biggest problem with MR6

he just released one like two days ago. It's got a few bugs, but feel free to try it. Totally different Windows Mobile build and cool looking.

Everette 09-01-2009 09:26 AM

Is anyone having an issue with connecting a bluetooth headset staying in Wireless Stereo and not allowing Hands Free Calling?

I have a Motorola SD9 HD and when taking conference calls, the phone will eventually cut out (I am assuming because the phone thinks the headset is in stereo mode and not call mode).

I notice that the status (at the top next to the data connection) of my bluetooth headset connection will be in Stereo Mode whether I am taking a call or listening to music. The only way for it to switch to Hands Free is to go into the headset partnership settings and then un-check Wireless Stereo.

So, is anyone else experiencing this issue?

cchris81 09-01-2009 10:07 AM

Hey guys my soft keyboard started working. I was in one of three programs, either facebook, messenger, google maps, and it just popped up, works in all programs like it used to now. So try using these and see if it pops up.

Edit: Sorry I don't remember exactly when it happened, but these were the three programs I was using, it came up when I hit a text entry field in one of them.

straylight 09-01-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudermatt (Post 1132480)
I'm wondering about the customizations.

I let another 037 ROM run thru customizations and it completely hosed my Verizon Settings. it took me a week to get back to where I was.

Is this ROM safe to let customizations run if I'm on Verizon?

Thanks,
Matt

What type of settings did you lose? I am running this beta on my VZ touch Pro and haven't had any significant problems.