PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 11:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoreau View Post
Just sent you a small donation of $10. Will send more when my paycheck comes in.
Thank you pmoreau...
Old 08-23-2009, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

bladed2 is keeping up the good workbladed2 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bladed2

sent a small donation of $20 through for all your past and future efforts Juicy. don't know if i'm gonna get a TP2 (thinking about BB Atlas) but the first rom i flashed was a Juicy Rom and haven't changed since. good luck with everything and i'll be eagerly waiting for the next release like always.
Telus Radio 1.04.05V

Last edited by bladed2; 08-23-2009 at 11:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Ill e sending that donation along as soon as it clears to my paypal.
How you liking the BBhybrid OS's? They look pretty slick.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladed2 View Post
sent a small donation of $20 through for all your past and future efforts Juicy. don't know if i'm gonna get a TP2 (thinking about BB Atlas) but the first rom i flashed was a Juicy Rom and haven't changed since. good luck with everything and i'll be eagerly waiting for the next release like always.
Very nice to hear the above ^ , and the donation is greatly appreciated.

If the ATLAS is the Curve2, then you will have fun! I'm working on some BB stuff as well... lol
Old 08-23-2009, 11:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
Ill e sending that donation along as soon as it clears to my paypal.
How you liking the BBhybrid OS's? They look pretty slick.
thanks steve...

they aren't as great as i thought, but im hoping its because its hard to make a hybrid of 4 and 5. hopefully once a true OS 5 is leaked for the Tour then the hybrids will be easier to make from 5.0.0.100 to a 5.0.0.16x for example.

Only time will tell. Cooking for WM is waaaaaay more fun!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
By request... If you have found my advice, hard work or lovely avatar has helped you and you would like to say "thanks" with a donation....

Thanks guys!
Sent you 10! (It'd be more if I wasn't a poor student) Keep up the goodness! We all appreciate your excellent roms, and all the hard work you put into them.

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand
Old 08-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuffpdappcgeek knows their stuff

Hi Juicy,

I just sent $10 your way. I really appreciate all that you do. I probably won't get a TP2 for a long time and have the opportunity to test your TP2 roms but it makes no difference to me. Thanks for all the effort... you've made my TP much more enjoyable.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTCTP

MACE is keeping up the good workMACE is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasjim View Post
Juicy, I am happy that you are still developing. I had a T-Mobile TP2 for a week. I loved the screen, the key board and the battery life, but I hated the size and the weight. There is no way sit with in a pocket. It was also awkward to hold, especially with a Body Glove case. I returned it because I had no signal in my house. If you keep developing I doubt I will buy the Sprint TP2 (my TP is on Sprint). I can't believe I am saying this but it was even too geeky for me!
Yeah, I tried out a T-Mobile TP2 too, (just in store) a few days ago, and I was really not all that impressed either. If it was the same size with the wvga screen, then I *might* consider it, but its fn HUGE! My TP sits quite nicely alongside my wallet in my pocket, as they are both about the same thickness, so it lays flush with it, and is *just* wide enough to fit in very nicely. Whereas the TP2's width makes that completely impossible, and its just as thick as the TP1 so stacking it behind the wallet makes for a rather big bulge in the pocket, not to mention the rather large increase in length as well.

If anyone is wondering, (as I was) the T-Mob store allowed me to install sktools on their demo so I could use its benchmark utility to see just how much of a difference there *really* was in the hardware, since the cpu is essentially the same, but a newer model.
I ran the tests on both my TP and the TP2 concurrently, and there was very little difference, most were within a few % points of each other, there were two tests where the TP2 did stand out somewhat however, the TP2 did a noticeable bit better in the graphics test, and internal storage memory test. Unfortunately, I didn't think to write down the results for later. If I get the chance, maybe I will run the tests again, so I can post them for you guys.
I was running Juicy8 090723 on my device.
Also, my device was running off the battery of course, whereas the demo model was powered through its security tether. I don't know if the TP throttles down when on battery (doesn't seem to) but if it does, that would of course have made for inaccurate comparison.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTCTP

MACE is keeping up the good workMACE is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
By request... If you have found my advice, hard work or lovely avatar has helped you and you would like to say "thanks" with a donation....

Thanks guys!
I *really* want to donate to help out, and to thank you for all you have done, but my primary source of income died last month, and I *literally* have $2 left in my pocket after paying all my bills, and I was not even able to fully pay my sprint bill
I will donate once I am able to get something else going, (which btw, is why I have been absent from ppcgeeks for so long) but I am afraid by then you will already have your TP2, so please let me know if there is some other way in which I can help out in the meantime.

I am downloading the current Beta now, and will try to help out in that way, in any way I can, although, it looks like most of the bugs have already been found, and you seem to have fixes already. But if you need help testing something, or working something out let me know.
[Edit]
BTW, I *did* hit your thanks button on that post, since I cant hit the donate button

Last edited by MACE; 08-24-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work

ok, i sent my 20 aswell.

Last edited by badwolf; 08-24-2009 at 01:29 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development