PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

santino405 05-31-2009 07:49 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

Camera app is giving me a trusted certificate error, and the sensorsdk, doesn't seem to be working correctly. I've tried a few differen't OEM's for the sensor, but none of them seem to work correctly, either in HTC album, or in my Opera OEM, any one can shed some light on this? I will try a differen't Camera OEM soon as i get home. On another note

Awesome Kitchen JD, i think it is this Kitchen/WM 6.5 build that will make me finally swtich. This is the first build that has leaked that i found to be reponsive enough and bugg free enough for me to use it day to day, thanks for the hard work, you rock man. :headbang:

edufur 05-31-2009 08:24 PM

Problems I have noticed.

1) Enryption is not included. This is a problem because my company's exchange server requires this for direct push. Is there a CAB I can find to install this?
2) When Opera is removed from the kitchen selections, customization breaks because it is looking for it. It just locks up. This actually uncovered something interesting... when customization breaks, my internet speed after soft reset is MUCH faster than it would have been if customization would have completed. I am on SPRINT, so I dont know if that has anything to do with it. Whatever the case, customization doesn't help the internet speed.

sodde 05-31-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve (Post 946166)
If you look in the past few pages you'll see that it's a Flash-content-in-Opera issue(IE6 works well though).

Don't forget that there is an entire thread dedicated to Weather Master Rhodium over at xda.
They recommend this as the standard solution for this issue:
-disable TouchFlo (possible shutdown&startup device for good measure)
-go to "\Application Data\HTC\databases" and delete the weather database file "forecast_cache.db"
-enable TouchFlo and you should be good to go.

Can anyone confirm that this works on 090530H?

aaron130 05-31-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santino405 (Post 946867)
Camera app is giving me a trusted certificate error, and the sensorsdk, doesn't seem to be working correctly. I've tried a few differen't OEM's for the sensor, but none of them seem to work correctly, either in HTC album, or in my Opera OEM, any one can shed some light on this? I will try a differen't Camera OEM soon as i get home. On another note

Awesome Kitchen JD, i think it is this Kitchen/WM 6.5 build that will make me finally swtich. This is the first build that has leaked that i found to be reponsive enough and bugg free enough for me to use it day to day, thanks for the hard work, you rock man. :headbang:

Ummmm correct me if Im wrong but this is Juicys thread not JDs thread,lol.

lagvoid 05-31-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osmany21 (Post 946783)
hey juicy nice rom but ive had 3 problems so far:
1. after backing up via myphone i wanted to select a text conversation. the up/down would not work. I deleted about 50% of my 1500 texts and it eventually worked.
2. exiting out of the text app, it almost always freezes. After a bit it closes out.
3. this last time it froze i did a soft reset and it sent my phone into a hard rest.. now setting up the phone all over again.

and ideas or help......and yes i did hardrest after the flash twice and now this would be my third hard reset.

I've always had the text freezing issue with 6.5. wonder if it will ever be resolved.

I want to try juicy's latest, but the activesync issue is a deal breaker for me. I've been happy with the 5.25 build so can't wait to check out the speed and battery life gains.

SnoopDawg 05-31-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tek818 (Post 946442)
Anyone else having a problem getting this ROM to sync with an Exchange server? I have flashed this phone probably 100+ times, and each time, activesync reconnects without a hitch. I enter in all my server info, then when I get to the part where it usually tells me that my server is going to enforce policies on my device, it just hangs with no prompt, saying "synchronizing". I have even rebooted my exchange server...

Anyone get it to work?

I have had problems in the past. What I normally do, is enable Wi-Fi, Start the sync, then reboot. It is slow to sync cuz I have close to 500 contacts and usually at least > 150 messages for last 3 days.

The other weird thing is that it will get Uber slow when typing on some messages. I just run SKTools Clear RAM and it helps. I think I set my PagePool to 24MB.

Sometimes my activesync will act really, really ghey. Where it will prompt for password. I type my password and it doesn't respond unless I open and close the KB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnrb (Post 945326)
Removing nk.exe is the easy part. Repackaging is the difficult part. XIPPort crashes when I try to do a Make Packages on a 6.5 XIP :(. But the effect on OEMDrivers is a huge diff! You should try it. It improves speed on drivers beyond recognition and has turned my cooked ROMs into speed demons. (Well obviously because teh SWP instruction was deprecated in ARM code because of speed issues :mrgreen:) You should include it in later versions of your kitchen and use it on your ROMs.

Jonnrb, I will also try the OEM drivers, I skull-raped my kitchen by running it against the wrong file.

The nueSpinLock patch, looks for a byte pattern. Assembly OP codes refer to

Code:

INTERRUPTS_ON                          ; called with BL
                                        ; ...
                MRS    R0, CPSR
                BIC    R1, R0, #0x80
                MSR    CPSR_cf, R1
                BX      LR
; End of function INTERRUPTS_ON

So the byte code would 1 Byte for the opt code i.e. MRS = 1 byte, followed by the other codes.

So to find the pattern, only 1 hex value, representing the byte would have to be replace.. In the NeuSpinLock update, he replaces a function call with a single byte. It should have a big impact at the # of instructions required.

sc00b4s7eve 06-01-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lagvoid (Post 947196)
I've always had the text freezing issue with 6.5. wonder if it will ever be resolved.

I want to try juicy's latest, but the activesync issue is a deal breaker for me. I've been happy with the 5.25 build so can't wait to check out the speed and battery life gains.

I've almost never had any SMS freezing issues.
I restore contact, texts, Calender & tasks with TouchFlo disabled. It's perfect cause then I can shutdown-reboot and I'm ready for Sashimi customizations.

lagvoid 06-01-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve (Post 947263)
I've almost never had any SMS freezing issues.
I restore contact, texts, Calender & tasks with TouchFlo disabled. It's perfect cause then I can shutdown-reboot and I'm ready for Sashimi customizations.

next flash I'll try to restore my info with TF disabled. maybe thats the cause? i did notice that things got worse when i had a lot of texts stored.

nismo95tt 06-01-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osmany21 (Post 946783)
hey juicy nice rom but ive had 3 problems so far:
1. after backing up via myphone i wanted to select a text conversation. the up/down would not work. I deleted about 50% of my 1500 texts and it eventually worked.
2. exiting out of the text app, it almost always freezes. After a bit it closes out.
3. this last time it froze i did a soft reset and it sent my phone into a hard rest.. now setting up the phone all over again.

and ideas or help......and yes i did hardrest after the flash twice and now this would be my third hard reset.

I had problems similar to the ones you've described when restoring 3500+ sms from MS My Phone..Hard reset- and no issues since (although I did not restore the sms again).

dwizzy130 06-01-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo95tt (Post 947368)
I had problems similar to the ones you've described when restoring 3500+ sms from MS My Phone..Hard reset- and no issues since (although I did not restore the sms again).

Same here. On alot of ROMs I used to restore almost 5000 texts and it always would slow down my phone and make tmail.exe lock up. I think all in all, restoring a bunch of texts is a bad idea nomatter what ROM.

dwizzy130