PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

djsonar 03-30-2009 06:35 PM

Re: JUICY 6 - Build 090328H (21042) [UC] *RHODIUM MANILA*

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruceo (Post 811269)
Thing that sucks is that the biggest freakin button in all of Manila is the clock button so it is hard to avoid. I used to kill the clock button in all of my setups with ssmapa/ssmapho but doesn't look like the current version works on TP@ manila yet..

Cant believe no one has come up with the contact photo problem/solution yet....

s2v works for me it changes the contacts photos.
sometimes i have to zoom in the photo then assign to a contact fr it t work.

piranah 03-30-2009 06:53 PM

just an update...i now have no service on my phone. any attempt to make a call says account can not be validated. and any text message gets returned instantly. is there any way to get into epst?

edit, am on line with sprint, and somehow my msid changed....changed to correct number, and service is working so far

jaytv 03-30-2009 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
@piranha,

Install the Sprint carrier cab. Search here on PPC Geeks for that. You will then have the ##code# access that Sprint will use to walk you through re-provisioning your phone.

Never mind, here is the one that worked for me. Credit for this cab goes to dcd, of course!

Late Edit: Whatever you do, DO NOT run the PRI update in Settings/Connections unless you want to completely re-provision your phone after a ##RTN# wipe!

bruceo 03-30-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsonar (Post 811333)
s2v works for me it changes the contacts photos.
sometimes i have to zoom in the photo then assign to a contact fr it t work.

When you go to the contact card and click edit contact and then click contact picture to change then the dialog comed up for "set contact photo" and you select open album, does it open? for me it just goes right back to the contact card. If I hit edit contact then scroll down and hit more to bring up the native contact card then choose the contact it works but the contact is low resolution. If i hit menu in the native contact card and select remove pic then I use S2V the pic shows up on the contact card fine but in the people tab flipper it shows the generic headshot.... This behavior happened in every TP2 variation I tried, Calcu's kitchen with TP2 cokked and updated, Calcu with no cooked manila and latest XBmod installed and Mighty TP2. Juicy's TP@ for me has been the closest to perfect with enhanced menu & notifications and everything else except clock time (fixed by avoiding opening the clock) and adding new highrez contact pics

mgioia2 03-30-2009 07:01 PM

Great build Juicy, had to install SMS fix but no other problems to speak of, much thanks...

gofawkurself 03-30-2009 07:14 PM

has anyone had problems with the facebook tab even after installing the fix? doesnt update photos or much of anything. noticed that juicys 325 had it working but this one not so much.

osva 03-30-2009 07:17 PM

My phone just hard reset by itself. First I press start and tf3d crashed, then start again tf3d crashed..Soft reset and when it load up, it went to the align screen.

JohnBecker 03-30-2009 07:18 PM

It's a nice ROM. There are quite a few things I do like about it. However I think I found a bug that hasn't been reported yet.

If you receive an email or text message with a phone number included, you should be able to click on it and call that number. A screen will appear asking if you want to Make Call, Send SMS or Save to Contacts. The Make Call option does nothing. Even hitting Call at the bottom soft button does nothing. The SMS/Contact options do work.

flipper2008 03-30-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piranah (Post 811083)
yea, starting to think that ill hold off on manila 2 roms till some bugs are worked out...getting tired of flashing...lol

edit: not tired in that sense, but when you have to flash to be able to use your phone for 20 minutes, it gets kind of annoying....regular flashing to try a new rom will never get old...lol

Flashing is getting to be way of life (like dinner,sex, showering etc). I now have flashed phone at friends, home, in car(laptop), work. I do keep coming back to Juicy for some odd reason though.. I tried the fuzeberry but i kept having weird things happen but i liked how all the software was already loaded on the rom and not having to install much extra stuff.. But so far, Juicy is the only rom to have the new keyboard so far..

GREAT JOB!

Juicy47 03-30-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBecker (Post 811438)
It's a nice ROM. There are quite a few things I do like about it. However I think I found a bug that hasn't been reported yet.

If you receive an email or text message with a phone number included, you should be able to click on it and call that number. A screen will appear asking if you want to Make Call, Send SMS or Save to Contacts. The Make Call option does nothing. Even hitting Call at the bottom soft button does nothing. The SMS/Contact options do work.

this is because the new phonecanvas hasnt been ported yet. JMZ is working on it.