PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

madroix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to madroix
Talking Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

Dude this may be a stupid question but this the first time I am going to try this. I have a Verizon touch pro and I was wondering if I can use this ROM to upgrade. Do I need WM 6.5 to do this? If so any ideas on how to get 6.5 or will this ROM update me? Just wanted to know how t proceed.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com [Windows Phone® 6.5] [Final]

Quote:
Originally Posted by madroix View Post
Dude this may be a stupid question but this the first time I am going to try this. I have a Verizon touch pro and I was wondering if I can use this ROM to upgrade. Do I need WM 6.5 to do this? If so any ideas on how to get 6.5 or will this ROM update me? Just wanted to know how t proceed.
this rom will update you to 6.5. please read the first page of this thread cause there's a good faq there for verizon people.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:33 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Throwing in the towel... for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfEngr View Post
OK, I'll try that next time I get a chance to play. I'll let you know if it helped. Not sure when though.

Edit: Went for it. Flashed Mighty6. Tried the hard reset from this page. Couldn't get it to reset. Just powers off and back on.

Edit2: Hard reset sequence for VERIZON Touch Pro from this page on xda actually does a reset. *fingers crossed*
you can also just run the Clear Storage program on your phone to do a hard reset. click start-settings-system-Clear Storage
Old 09-16-2009, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bbyhulk is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to bbyhulk

i keep getting error code 262 when trying to install rom
Old 09-16-2009, 01:02 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyhulk View Post
i keep getting error code 262 when trying to install rom
is your phone unlocked?
are you establishing an activesync connection first?
if so, then try this, click start-settings-connections-usb to pc, then uncheck the box under "Activesync"
Old 09-16-2009, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor

Great ROM so far -

Question - does anyone know what programs I would need to recook this rom for myself and add in my contacts to it?
Old 09-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Lurker

androofoo is a n00b

quick gps is not working on my verizon tp
Old 09-16-2009, 07:16 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by androofoo View Post
did you make sure the gps is turned on?
go to phone settings and make sure "Location Setting" is turned on
Old 09-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Quote:
Originally Posted by androofoo View Post
Hi,

Please see my FAQ in my signature for information on fixing this.

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

So,

I've been using MR6 for over a week. When I get some time I will be updating my Verizon help post to coincide with the files for MR6 final and MR 4/Reborn Final and to clean it all up and update some of the issues.

As to MR6 Final. As a Verizon Touch Pro user I'm loving it. I use a Pagepool of 6 and have plenty of RAM available using Titanium and/or TF3D. All of my games work perfectly, and the device is very snappy. I'm definitely preferring Titanium now that I've gotten it modified with some nice Homebrew plugins.

One word of advice. Some of the older games require the Microsoft VB Libraries to be installed. While this is fine on MR4Reborn, it is NOT fine on MR6. It makes the OS unstable and when you go to do things, take for instance a game, you will see the video speed up and slow down making things unplayable. Luckily removing the libraries puts the OS back to its original configuration and everything is great now.

Thank You MM and Lil Rico for everything. Really bang up job guys.

I plan to get a Touch Pro 2, but not until Decemberish. I just bought the TP 6 months ago so I have to pay full retail. But I will be getting the TP2.. Mighty Mike and Lil Rico by december I want something good !!!!!! Make it happen ! hehe
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development