PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52307)

jwinvest 01-16-2009 02:20 AM

Re: [1-13-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.6 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Hi Kevank,

I noticed the camera tab on the home screen does not recognize your pics stored on your storage card. You have to open the camera click on album, and then select storage card. I used to be able to scroll through them on the camera tab. The other thing I noticed is I cannot log in to wellsfargo.com from Opera anymore and with the stock rom I was able to log on. The error I get is a security warning and I need to upgrade to a different browser which I did not receive on the stock rom. Any ideas on a fix maybe reload the stock Opera program? I was also wondering if you planned on adding WM Wifi to a new release. Other than that it seems to be working pretty good.

Thanks alot Man great work!!!

DaddieDiesel 01-16-2009 02:06 PM

Re: [1-13-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.6 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

ok so I was driving up to Tomah,wi which is about a 4.5hr drive in i was charging my TP and it kept waking up and then the option on how to connect wether activsync or others would come up. Now I did make sure that my charger was connected properly and same charger works fine on other TP's. I happened about 7 or 8 times in a 4 hour period
tried re-flashing it keeps on doing the same things.

kevank 01-16-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwinvest (Post 644039)
Hi Kevank,

I noticed the camera tab on the home screen does not recognize your pics stored on your storage card. You have to open the camera click on album, and then select storage card. I used to be able to scroll through them on the camera tab. The other thing I noticed is I cannot log in to wellsfargo.com from Opera anymore and with the stock rom I was able to log on. The error I get is a security warning and I need to upgrade to a different browser which I did not receive on the stock rom. Any ideas on a fix maybe reload the stock Opera program? I was also wondering if you planned on adding WM Wifi to a new release. Other than that it seems to be working pretty good.

The next release will have a new Opera. We will see if that happens. I will test the album this evening. Thnx for the info.

kevank 01-16-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddieDiesel (Post 644847)
ok so I was driving up to Tomah,wi which is about a 4.5hr drive in i was charging my TP and it kept waking up and then the option on how to connect wether activsync or others would come up. Now I did make sure that my charger was connected properly and same charger works fine on other TP's. I happened about 7 or 8 times in a 4 hour period
tried re-flashing it keeps on doing the same things.

My charger does not cause that to happen in the car. I will play around and see what I can do.

kevank 01-16-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housinit (Post 640258)
Anyone having problems with typing via the slide out keyboard. When typing a text it takes like 2 seconds for the text to catch up to my typing. Is there a reg fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

-housinit

I found the cause of the landscape typing lag. It is the battery meter at the top. The next release will replace the battery meter and resolve the problem.

(Release tonight? Probably/Maybe).

jcu 01-16-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Hi Kevank,

I have heard the new Opera has problem with flash site. May be that's the problem?
And to test if the browser support flash or not which sites would people go?
Thanks

DaddieDiesel 01-16-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevank (Post 644955)
My charger does not cause that to happen in the car. I will play around and see what I can do.

thanks i'll keep an eye out gotta go south tonight and will see how it does with another long drive on a charger.

kevank 01-17-2009 03:26 AM

Re: [1-17-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

v0.7 is up on the server. Link is in the first post. Most of the changes are listed below.

[+] Weather Database Editor
[+] SmartPhone Tracker
[+] LVMTopBat
[+] HTC CDMA Slide to Answer Phone Canvas in Black
[+] Opera Mobile 9.5 Build 15308
[+] Audio Manager 1.6.18221325_0
[+] BTFTP 1.2.33309.91
[+] Audio Booster 2.0.18192227.0
[+] Comm Manager 2.7.5.0
[+] Concurrence Manager 1.2.18192826.0000
[+] DShow 081111.0
[+] HTC Message 1.73.3.371
[+] Random Access 4.1.18222125.0
[+] Streaming Media 3.0.18221528.00
[+] Youtube 1.6.1822.2028
[+] D3D Drivers from the Sprint leaked Diamond Rom
[-] Vistahide Battery Monitor
[ ] The slowness and lag when using the keyboard in landscape is fixed.
[ ] Many thanks to Juggalo and OMJ for their work on the leaked Diamond Rom.

kevank 01-17-2009 04:39 PM

Re: [1-17-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

No feedback? Does this mean no issues?

willyksu 01-17-2009 04:53 PM

Downloading now

willyksu 01-17-2009 06:14 PM

Running smooth so far, will test it out this evening further.

jwinvest 01-17-2009 10:23 PM

Hi Kevank,

I noticed I can atleast access my album from the camera tab however, they do not automaticaly load up when you slide over to the camera tab. I was having conflicts with the S2U2 application with version 7. It would not stay locked for some reason when I would hit either phone button it would unlock when it should not. The Opera browser still has a security issue and will not log onto websites that require authentication such as my bank wellsfargo. With the stock rom, I could always log onto their site with opera no problem. There seems to be a couple applications listed twice when you slide over to the programs tab and click on all applications. There are a couple programs that are not working but that could just be me as I am not familiar with all the apps you have installed. I have to say you are doing a wonderful job and keep up the good work! A program I miss is TCPMP along with the video bundle sites. We all really appreciate your hard work, I really wish I new how to build roms as it sounds very fun and interesting. If you find the security problem with the Opera browser that would be great. I know there is a real cool weather panel out there also that has more animated and detailed graphics along with live traffic cameras and tourist cameras that you can view. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Justin

remlle 01-17-2009 10:55 PM

Touchflow seems a bit laggy.
but other then that it looks nice Ill play with it and give a more thorough report asap.

ok. After letting the phone reboot the laggyness is gone. the phone is fast and stable so far. I love the things youve cooked into the rom. its nice fast and fun. Im glad I gave this one a shot. Ill be using it for a while. here are my requests/

1 opera that will log into ssl sites.
2 communications screen that has beam so we can turn it off. I know I dont use phone mode but others might. i can help you change the screen if you need help. Ive done it and had an OEM someplace for that.

kevank 01-18-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remlle (Post 648097)
Touchflow seems a bit laggy.
but other then that it looks nice Ill play with it and give a more thorough report asap.

When is it laggy? At startup or later on. On my TP it is fast once the phone is fully restarted.

jwinvest 01-18-2009 03:30 AM

Hi Kevan,

I just flashed Juggalo's new v08 rom and the version of opera he is running works with logging into secure websites. Is there anyway you can use his version of Opera in your rom? How about the TCPMP application along with video bundle in mighty's 4.5 rom?

Again thanks for your dedicated hard work.

Thanks,

Justin

kevank 01-18-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwinvest (Post 648513)
Hi Kevan,

I just flashed Juggalo's new v08 rom and the version of opera he is running works with logging into secure websites. Is there anyway you can use his version of Opera in your rom? How about the TCPMP application along with video bundle in mighty's 4.5 rom?

v0.6 was running 15202, the same as Juggalo's ROM. Can you send me a url to test with? It would be a big help to have a place to test.

I will consider TCPMP for the next release.

afanaras 01-18-2009 11:08 AM

Love your ROM, great to showcase what the PRO can do. Thanks for all your work.
I was wondering if anybody else is having short battery life, it seems that mine is dying very quick. I charged it last night and now with two calls, 4 txt msgs and 7n emails is at 56%. I am new here and I might be doing something wrong with my phone, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

remlle 01-18-2009 11:48 AM

KevanK I found a few things I would like to have in future releases.
1 HD manilla I'm testing it on your rom now and it is amazing. IT adds Stocks, Forecast on the main weather tab, More advanced people tab, and a way to rearrange the tabs right from within manilla. The link is here

2 communications tab with Beam. I have a cab I created that gets rid of the flight mode and puts in the beam. this saves some battery life.

if you need a tester for your roms Ide love to test. I really like what youve done and Im a big fan of the loaded roms.

jupiter 01-18-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remlle (Post 648821)
1 HD manilla I'm testing it on your rom now and it is amazing. IT adds Stocks, Forecast on the main weather tab, More advanced people tab, and a way to rearrange the tabs right from within manilla. The link is here

2 communications tab with Beam. I have a cab I created that gets rid of the flight mode and puts in the beam. this saves some battery life.

if you need a tester for your roms Ide love to test. I really like what youve done and Im a big fan of the loaded roms.

yeah im using the HD manilla in combination with this rom and this thing is the truth!!!!

for 2 u have touch pro? thought it didnt have beam

kevank 01-18-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remlle (Post 648821)

1) Does HD Manilla do landscape?

2) There is no IR on the TP. Disabling beam has no affect.

kevank 01-18-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afanaras (Post 648767)
Love your ROM, great to showcase what the PRO can do. Thanks for all your work.
I was wondering if anybody else is having short battery life, it seems that mine is dying very quick. I charged it last night and now with two calls, 4 txt msgs and 7n emails is at 56%. I am new here and I might be doing something wrong with my phone, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I noticed the battery drain too. I am working on it now. :-)

kevank 01-18-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsenalfan (Post 649064)
As far as I know, landscape does not work with Manila HD, BUT, I know that its being worked on and hopefully it will be soon. I personally installed the HD Manila and its awesome even though its a little buggy.

I will play with it a bit. If a landscape version is published and stable I will include it.

yerp 01-18-2009 02:11 PM

hey kevank,

i flashed your .7 ROM last night. i have to say, its very nice! there are a few quirks that could become deal breakers if i can't find a resolution to them, but hopefully i can.

as of now, i can't get the WebVideoDownloader(17) and TCPMP(the one from the Touch Pro forum on this site touting "Mobile Definition Video") working nice together, that was tricky on every ROM i've tried though.

s2u2(1.42) does not really lock the buttons in this ROM. i can click the hardware buttons and exit out of the program rendering it useless.

i love all of the apps/games added....with the wealth of storage on this phone, it needs more ROMs with lots of games and apps. the performance, i'm not done observing, but so far i have mixed feelings.........some notes:
1. from a soft reset, and a minute to fully load(something i think many impatient users don't allow before playing), TF3d seems to run beautifully, even with the beefy themes that i've tried.
2. along with the long startup-load time that i just mentioned, it seems that starting apps/games takes longer then my last ROM as well(Yay4Juggs 4.0). however, once the ROM/app/game does load, it is generally fast. i'm not sure exactly what would cause this behavior, but i have suspicions.....i'm leaning towards the pagepool size or the 3D drivers, but have yet to try different ones......then again, this is the first ROM with a WM build > 20000 that i've tried, so i could have something to do with that.
3. donno what build of Opera this is, but i HATE it....the scrolling is not fluid unless you go slow and there is little to no "flick/inertia scrolling".....this may just be the fact that i've been on Yay4Juggs 4.0......the tail of his ROMs thread is peppered with people asking him how he got Opera running so well in his ROM, but unfortunatly no respose from him.

i'll be monitoring the battery life over the course of my use today and will report back on that.

before i forget to mention it, i did notice that you included my suggestions in the next build after i made them, bravo! you get much props for cooking in Task Facade mapped to a hardware button!....that is something NOONE else does and it adds a very nice functionality and eye-candy to boot! i can't wait to show that to(read:rub it in his face =P) my iPhone using coworkers tomorrow. one of them is a big linux guy and loathes the fact that his iPhony can't run multiple apps concurrently.

also, i have a new suggestion for you to consider for your next build. your ROM is LOADED as the name suggests, but some apps are just better as CAB installs as opposed to cooked in OEMs.....apps that get frequently updated, or leaked builds like Opera, google maps, live search, etc. i find are best installed via cab as sometimes they must be uninstalled fully to update properly. having them cooked in can sometimes lead to conflicts when updating them with newer versions that have massive or sometimes even small structural changes in the software, file structure. to avoid that, you could move some of those apps to cab installs on first boot auto run....
i know u've got OEMs for lots if not all of the games you have in this ROM, but there is a CAB on the xda Raph Software forums called SuperArcadePack(3.3) that has most of the games you include + some good ones that you don't (UNO, Yatzee, ICBM). i personally, just installed the cab on top of the ROM and i haven't found any conflicts, but it might make sense for you to remove the duplicate game OEMs and use the SAP .cab during the first boot. you could even make it the last item installed in autorun so users that don't want all of the extra games can cancel/softreset to leave them out(i think that would work....). it's a personal preference call that i leave to you, but i just thought i'd float the idea.

all in all, i'm very impressed with what you have done especially with your short time as a pro cook. even if i decide to change ROMs, i wil definitely be checking back here for future updates to this stand out ROM.

to anyone who is ghosting this thread, pondering a flash of this ROM, DO IT! this ROM has a lot to offer that cannot be had by fresh flash of any other ROM for this device that i know of.....and give my man kevank some thanks and STAR rating for his efforts.

kev, keep up the excellent work my friend!

vrdude 01-18-2009 04:33 PM

how can the background image be changed? it is hard to read on some screens.....

remlle 01-18-2009 04:53 PM

settings tab/wallpaper

vrdude 01-18-2009 07:36 PM

thanks...

bradparker1892 01-18-2009 10:21 PM

anyone else having issues with SMS? every time i soft reset my phone, it starts back up and resends all the text messages i have sent in the previous 72 hours... and thats a lot of texts.. just wondering if anyone else had this issue... i'm using Build 20954 KK Loaded v0.5

kevank 01-19-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradparker1892 (Post 650054)
anyone else having issues with SMS? every time i soft reset my phone, it starts back up and resends all the text messages i have sent in the previous 72 hours... and thats a lot of texts.. just wondering if anyone else had this issue... i'm using Build 20954 KK Loaded v0.5

I didn't have the issue on v0.5. I would recommend upgrading.

kevank 01-19-2009 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerp (Post 649127)
hey kevank,

i flashed your .7 ROM last night. i have to say, its very nice! there are a few quirks that could become deal breakers if i can't find a resolution to them, but hopefully i can.

This is a big post. I will read it again in the morning and give me feedback.

Thanks!

kevank 01-19-2009 01:58 AM

Here is an update on battery usage:

After 16 hours off the charger, I am at 63% batt. I talked on the phone for 30 minutes, Active sync for work recieved 35 messages and I surfed the web via opera for 30 mintes.

Much better results than I expected.l

gspitman 01-19-2009 03:24 AM

Ok one personal asthetic request? I know that VistaHide is the culprit on the keyboard lag, so that's a deal breaker... but could we try Batti in the next build? It's just SO much prettier.

Other than that... I'm loving it and keep up the good work!

kevank 01-19-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gspitman (Post 650760)
Ok one personal asthetic request? I know that VistaHide is the culprit on the keyboard lag, so that's a deal breaker... but could we try Batti in the next build? It's just SO much prettier.

Other than that... I'm loving it and keep up the good work!

I have read that Batti causes some of the same battery drain and delay issues. My plan for the next release is to install the battery meter as a cab. That way folks can remove it and install whatever they want.

kevank 01-19-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

as of now, i can't get the WebVideoDownloader(17) and TCPMP(the one from the Touch Pro forum on this site touting "Mobile Definition Video") working nice together, that was tricky on every ROM i've tried though.

I will try to get this built into the ROM. Defiantly not in the next release but possibly the one after.

Quote:

s2u2(1.42) does not really lock the buttons in this ROM. i can click the hardware buttons and exit out of the program rendering it useless.

I will look into this one. I don't use S2U2 anymore but it would bug me too.

Quote:

i love all of the apps/games added....with the wealth of storage on this phone, it needs more ROMs with lots of games and apps. the performance, i'm not done observing, but so far i have mixed feelings.........some notes:
1. from a soft reset, and a minute to fully load(something i think many impatient users don't allow before playing), TF3d seems to run beautifully, even with the beefy themes that i've tried.
2. along with the long startup-load time that i just mentioned, it seems that starting apps/games takes longer then my last ROM as well(Yay4Juggs 4.0). however, once the ROM/app/game does load, it is generally fast. i'm not sure exactly what would cause this behavior, but i have suspicions.....i'm leaning towards the pagepool size or the 3D drivers, but have yet to try different ones......then again, this is the first ROM with a WM build > 20000 that i've tried, so i could have something to do with that.
3. donno what build of Opera this is, but i HATE it....the scrolling is not fluid unless you go slow and there is little to no "flick/inertia scrolling".....this may just be the fact that i've been on Yay4Juggs 4.0......the tail of his ROMs thread is peppered with people asking him how he got Opera running so well in his ROM, but unfortunatly no respose from him.

1. It is a long boot up for this ROM. I believe that it is related to the number of OEMs used when building the ROM. Many extra files are placed in the \Windows directory. This goes along with part of the cab install strategy.

2. This could be related to #1 but it could also be PP. I will test with different page pools and see what works best.

3. This is the Opera build that came with the leaked Diamond ROM. I have since switched to a different build for the next release. (This was already being install via cab... you should be able to update it.)

Quote:

i'll be monitoring the battery life over the course of my use today and will report back on that.

Let me know. I wanna track down any battery issues if they exist.

Quote:

before i forget to mention it, i did notice that you included my suggestions in the next build after i made them, bravo! you get much props for cooking in Task Facade mapped to a hardware button!....that is something NOONE else does and it adds a very nice functionality and eye-candy to boot! i can't wait to show that to(read:rub it in his face =P) my iPhone using coworkers tomorrow. one of them is a big linux guy and loathes the fact that his iPhony can't run multiple apps concurrently.

I like Task Facade. Works great and looks good. I could get 4.0 beta to run stable so I when with 3.8.5. Taunt away!

Quote:

also, i have a new suggestion for you to consider for your next build. your ROM is LOADED as the name suggests, but some apps are just better as CAB installs as opposed to cooked in OEMs.....apps that get frequently updated, or leaked builds like Opera, google maps, live search, etc. i find are best installed via cab as sometimes they must be uninstalled fully to update properly. having them cooked in can sometimes lead to conflicts when updating them with newer versions that have massive or sometimes even small structural changes in the software, file structure. to avoid that, you could move some of those apps to cab installs on first boot auto run....
i know u've got OEMs for lots if not all of the games you have in this ROM, but there is a CAB on the xda Raph Software forums called SuperArcadePack(3.3) that has most of the games you include + some good ones that you don't (UNO, Yatzee, ICBM). i personally, just installed the cab on top of the ROM and i haven't found any conflicts, but it might make sense for you to remove the duplicate game OEMs and use the SAP .cab during the first boot. you could even make it the last item installed in autorun so users that don't want all of the extra games can cancel/softreset to leave them out(i think that would work....). it's a personal preference call that i leave to you, but i just thought i'd float the idea.

I was already leaning this way. (Opera install....) I am planning to do a number of changes in the next rom and move several of the OEMs to cab install for updating. I will also look at the games cab you mentioned.

Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming.

kevank 01-19-2009 04:43 PM

Re: [1-17-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

v0.8 is up. Link is in the first post.

[+] Opera Mobile 15316 - Loades much faster.
[+] Juggalo's Flash Bundle
[+] MS Live Search 4.0.12158.1 with Bird's Eye View
[ ] Opera, LVM Battery Meter, Live Search and Google Maps are installed during cusomizations.
[ ] They can be removed / upgraded if needed.
[ ] The autorun customizations take a while, just wait.

Overall this ROM seems faster. Let me know what you think.

kevank 01-19-2009 05:57 PM

Re: [1-17-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Just an FYI - There maybe another release. If you hate setting up everything after a flash. Wait - 0.9 should be out tonight.

Lots of additional games and hopefully TCPMP.

housinit 01-19-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Hi Kevank,

About wellfargo.com. Another user just answered my question about this because I was having the same problem.

Heres the fix.

:headbang:Originally Posted by bestjudge http://67.228.199.237/forum.ppcgeeks...s/viewpost.gif
Try type in url opera:config
go to user agent
spoof userAgent id put in 2 (default is 1)
and save it.
restart opera and see if it works.

kevank 01-19-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housinit (Post 652126)
About wellfargo.com. Another user just answered my question about this because I was having the same problem.

Heres the fix.

:headbang:Originally Posted by bestjudge http://67.228.199.237/forum.ppcgeeks...s/viewpost.gif
go to user agent
and save it.

Cool. Does that enable spoofing or disable it?

bestjudge 01-19-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevank (Post 652131)

enable

1 is Opera Mobile 9.5
2 is Firefox
3 is desktop IE 6

housinit 01-19-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevank (Post 652131)

I don't think it enables or disables spoofing, just changes what user agent Opera is letting know the websites it hits. Not sure though. Didn't even know about the the Opera:config url. Gives you all kinds of options to play with in Opera.

--luis

Thanks for the update on that bestjudge! I was little slow on the draw there. (See post #159)

jwinvest 01-19-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housinit (Post 652126)

Heres the fix.

go to user agent
and save it.

Thanks alot for the heads up, I will give that a try.