PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52307)

aaron130 01-10-2009 02:25 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Hey Kevank, The rom is running GREAT! Great work. One issue Ive noticed you might wanna look into, when your typing with the pullout keyboard, there is a MAJOR delay in the words showing up on the screen.

EDIT: Actually I realized its only the 1st few minutes after you open it then it goes back to normal and is pretty fast.

jjungel 01-10-2009 03:24 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
I love the rom but still cant get any of the gps to work, any subjestions?
Thanks

aaron130 01-10-2009 03:30 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
GPS works now. You gotta make sure location setting is turned "on". Go to settings//personal/phone/services. under location setting click get settings, and make sure its turned "on"

aaron130 01-10-2009 03:31 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Also, its said that keeping this setting off saves some battery power, so what I do is only turn it on when I need to use gps.

yerp 01-10-2009 03:51 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
hey kevank,
i remember your name from No2C's titan roms.....you provided the ultra fast mirror's to his ROMs, thanks! I wanted to congratulate you on your release! I haven't actually tried your ROM yet, but it looks very interesting. i'm still running the first custom rom i flashed on this device (Yay4Juggs 4.0) and am reluctant to flash because i am very happy with how my phone has run on this firmware. i am starting to feel the itch though, and now your Rom is on my radar along with some of the others.

i saw you wanted input on more usefull sofware to add, so i figured i'd chime in and throw some of the progs i find usefull out there....

1. TaskFacade 4 - excellent, visual task manager....very vista/ubuntu-compiz like....if you can map it to the "home button", it is an exelent way to switch-to/close open apps.

2. Sensory Overload - another cool tilt sensor game!

3. the Diamond Hologram program - mindless eye candy.....it may not work with your 3d drivers, it's hit or miss (sometimes it will run, but very choppy...if you find this happpens, try just keeping a thumb rested on the center d-pad clicker as you move it around)

4. NES/SNES emulators - i know game ROMs are legal nightmare, but there are decent emulators for these consoles available for this device (there's a thread in the xda Raph Software forums with lots of info). since this is a "loaded" ROM, i figured it wouldn't hurt to just suggst thier inclusion. many people, like me, have archived ROMs of their favorate retro games that they DO OWN and could take advantage of on their device. and since the touch pro has so much device memory, those that don't can just forget the emulators are there.

5. i want to say S2U2, but really, i think it is best not to include any "device locking" software as there are many available and they often conflict with each other and WM settings even if they are not active

thats all i can think of at the moment, keep at it bud! and again congrats!

yerp

ivan1.ruiz 01-10-2009 04:15 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Keep up the good work!!! Welcome to the restaurant!!!

kevank 01-10-2009 04:35 PM

Re: [1-09-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.3 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyboy313 (Post 630618)
The Second thing is the clear storage icon did not show up or work.

It is in the Utils folder on the start menu.

kevank 01-10-2009 04:41 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron130 (Post 631334)
Hey Kevank, The rom is running GREAT! Great work. One issue Ive noticed you might wanna look into, when your typing with the pullout keyboard, there is a MAJOR delay in the words showing up on the screen.

EDIT: Actually I realized its only the 1st few minutes after you open it then it goes back to normal and is pretty fast.

I have noticed it too... It seems to be worst on the first boot. I have it noted but have marked it low priority.

kevank 01-10-2009 04:42 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz (Post 631455)
Keep up the good work!!! Welcome to the restaurant!!!

Thanks!

json 01-10-2009 09:31 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
love the rom one or even the best loaded rom i come accoss only problems for me major delays texting and opening keyboard......... but other that great work.... guy...

DaddieDiesel 01-10-2009 11:07 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Ok.... whats next your rom gonna have instore for us,:headbang: it just keeps improving, and am salivating for the next release. I also had the laggy keyboard issue but i just hard reset and reflashed and no longer have that issue. Panadora which use to work on other roms is no longer working but thats not such a big deal, S2U seems to run a lot smoother on this release also or is it just me.

kevank 01-11-2009 01:49 AM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddieDiesel (Post 631998)
Ok.... whats next your rom gonna have instore for us,:headbang: it just keeps improving, and am salivating for the next release. I also had the laggy keyboard issue but i just hard reset and reflashed and no longer have that issue. Panadora which use to work on other roms is no longer working but thats not such a big deal, S2U seems to run a lot smoother on this release also or is it just me.

As always, thanks for the kind words.

Plan for 0.5 are:

Add TaskFacade (Done)
Add some more games
Add some kind of button mapper. I need suggestions for something free.
Add DiamondTV
Fix or include Pandora
Get sleep.

Might be out tomorrow night. I am too tired to finish it tonight.

Thanks for the support.

jjungel 01-11-2009 02:30 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
First of all,

I love this ROM, ive been looking for a loaded rom for a long time.

One question, i checked my location settings and made sure it was enabled as your post said, but i still cant get any gps.

Any subjestions?

Thakns
jjungel

kevank 01-11-2009 03:10 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjungel (Post 632934)
First of all,

I love this ROM, ive been looking for a loaded rom for a long time.

One question, i checked my location settings and made sure it was enabled as your post said, but i still cant get any gps.

Any subjestions?

Thakns
jjungel

What carrier are you using?

Kushed 01-11-2009 03:38 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
GPS works, for live search I had to manually change the com port to 4. Everything works great. I see you are planning to add Diamond TV as well, I like where you going with this rom.

Anyway you can include either Resco Radio or Pocket Player in the next version? if there is no licensing issues of course.

One more suggestion if I may. The scroll bar in Mightys rom is much thicker, I found that to be very helpful. I know its just a reg edit, but would be nice if it was part of the rom ( I flash a lot).

Thanks again KK.

gspitman 01-11-2009 04:19 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
I hadn't been able to get this to work on previous Mogul ROMS, and hadn't tried on any of the TP ROMS, but I can confrim that BLUETOOTH TETHERING WORKS!

If you connect to Dial up Networking through windows and have it dial #777 with no login or password you can tether cable free!

DaddieDiesel 01-12-2009 09:36 AM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kushed (Post 633035)

One more suggestion if I may. The scroll bar in Mightys rom is much thicker, I found that to be very helpful. I know its just a reg edit, but would be nice if it was part of the rom ( I flash a lot).

You can set different thicknesses if you use the diamond tweaks in this rom. But just in case heres the reg edit
<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA" translation="filesystem">
<parm name="SignalStrengthLevel" datatype="integer" value="5"/>
</characteristic>

5 = Telus Thick bars
7= Sprint Skinny Bars

Elbimster 01-12-2009 01:39 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Just wanted to drop a quick not to say Thanks KK! Been a while since i've seen a really well loaded ROM. I love these loaded ROMs because they give me a chance to mess around with software i've never heard of before.

As a suggestion for the next version, think about including the Shazam MusicID program (VGA Version of course). Otherwise, keep up the good work!

kevank 01-12-2009 02:39 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elbimster (Post 634939)
Just wanted to drop a quick not to say Thanks KK! Been a while since i've seen a really well loaded ROM. I love these loaded ROMs because they give me a chance to mess around with software i've never heard of before.

As a suggestion for the next version, think about including the Shazam MusicID program (VGA Version of course). Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the suggestion. MusicID is in the rom but I messed up the shortcut. It will be fixed in the next release.

willmatic08 01-12-2009 05:07 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
love this rom kk,the only issue i had was when i installed arcsoft mms and dcd vzw carrier,i can receive mms but cannot send is there a solution?otherwise thiis is definatley a HOTT rom,keep up the good work

kevank 01-12-2009 06:29 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willmatic08 (Post 635219)
love this rom kk,the only issue i had was when i installed arcsoft mms and dcd vzw carrier,i can receive mms but cannot send is there a solution?otherwise thiis is definatley a HOTT rom,keep up the good work

I don't know what to suggest. I will have to get my hands on a vzw tp and try it out.

willmatic08 01-12-2009 06:36 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevank (Post 635480)
I don't know what to suggest. I will have to get my hands on a vzw tp and try it out.

thanx

kevank 01-12-2009 11:13 PM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Release coming tonight... here is what I have so far:

[+] Added Task Facade 3.8.5
[+] Sensory Overload
[+] Diamond Hologram
[+] DiamondTV
[+] Mocha FTP Server
[+] Pandora Radio (Not VGA - There are some display issues but it works.)
[+] ATI D3D Drivers from the Diamond
[ ] Upgrade Real Dice Poker to VGA version
[ ] Fixed MusicID Shortcut
[ ] Press and hold the "green" button brings up TaskFacade
[ ] 3D Games and Youtube are very smooth now.

I should post by midnight CST.

kevank 01-13-2009 01:38 AM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
v0.5 link is up in the 1st post. Here are the changes:

[+] Added Task Facade 3.8.5
[+] Sensory Overload
[+] Diamond Hologram
[+] DiamondTV
[+] AmaZeGPS
[+] Mobile Web Server
[+] Mocha FTP Server
[+] Pandora Radio (Not VGA - There are some display issues but it works.)
[+] ATI D3D Drivers from the Diamond
[ ] Upgrade Real Dice Poker to VGA version
[ ] Fixed MusicID Shortcut
[ ] Press and hold the "green" button brings up TaskFacade
[ ] 3D Games and Youtube are very smooth now.

Night all.

willmatic08 01-13-2009 02:18 AM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
yes sir :headbang:flashing now

housinit 01-13-2009 05:57 AM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Wanted to say THANK YOU! for all the hard work. I really like this ROM, would love it but its got a few problems.

I'm sure people have already pointed this out, but it seems like no one really give specifics. The main issue that I have is with the GPS.

I loaded 0.4 the other day and everything was working fine I thought. Then I went for a drive today and discover that the Sprint Navigation was not working. It would find a GPS signal and show my location, but the map would not move. Actually, it did a couple weird things. First it would not move. Then it would move on its own, like I was driving (kind of like a route demo on TomTom). Then it would say WEAK GPS in the middle of the Sprint Navi screen. At first I thought it was my phone, so I flashed back to the Sprint stock rom, and everything worked fine.

Strange thing is, TomTom was working just fine, so was Google Maps and Live Search. So I came on here and saw that people were having the same issue and also saw that you posted a new ROM this evening. So I just finished flashing to v0.5 and now the GPS is even worse. Now NONE of the apps are working. I can pick up a signal in Google, but it does not move with me, just sits at the original GPS location. Same with Livesearch and Sprint Navi, didnt try Tomtom. I even tried installing the newest version of Sprint Navi also.

I would REALLY love to use this rom, especially since its completely loaded up, but I use the GPS constantly, so i'm gonna have to pass for now. I hope you can get the kinks worked out.

Also, the other issue is the no Clear Storage app, which is no biggie, but it would be nice if it was there.

Another issue that I think is something to be looked at, is the really slow typing response when creating a text message in the non-threaded view. Is anyone else having this issue? I unchecked the "Turn on one-touch symbol enrty" in the SIP options and that seems to help, but is there another solution?

Again, thanks for all your hard work!

faaz23 01-13-2009 06:46 AM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by willmatic08 (Post 635219)
love this rom kk,the only issue i had was when i installed arcsoft mms and dcd vzw carrier,i can receive mms but cannot send is there a solution?otherwise thiis is definatley a HOTT rom,keep up the good work

I would like to load this rom for my TP for verizon. What are these things you installed? Do I need to install any more cabs to this rom to use it on verizon?

willmatic08 01-13-2009 11:02 AM

Re: [1-10-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.4 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by faaz23 (Post 636668)
I would like to load this rom for my TP for verizon. What are these things you installed? Do I need to install any more cabs to this rom to use it on verizon?

this rom is badd *** ive got gps working thank to Boreds gps fix and everything else is running good the only issue is with mms.i have gotten as far as installing gc arcsoft for vzw but it only allows incoming mms which is ok for now because i have a sprint diamond that im using for mms,but all in all the cabs i installed were,dcd vzw carrier,gc arcsoft mms,and bored gps fix.So far this is the only Rom that i know of that is extremly neat has numerous apps that ive never played with and speeds are good also

ka911 01-13-2009 11:23 AM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
thanks a lot for the nice ROM. I have it running in my phone over 6 hours now. I'm with Verizon all I did is run the Verizon cab after I flashed to your ROM. about the GPS, I do not have any problem with it! I have at less 7 satellites

kevank 01-13-2009 11:39 AM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by housinit (Post 636649)
I loaded 0.4 the other day and everything was working fine I thought. Then I went for a drive today and discover that the Sprint Navigation was not working. It would find a GPS signal and show my location, but the map would not move. Actually, it did a couple weird things. First it would not move. Then it would move on its own, like I was driving (kind of like a route demo on TomTom). Then it would say WEAK GPS in the middle of the Sprint Navi screen. At first I thought it was my phone, so I flashed back to the Sprint stock rom, and everything worked fine.

Strange thing is, TomTom was working just fine, so was Google Maps and Live Search. So I came on here and saw that people were having the same issue and also saw that you posted a new ROM this evening. So I just finished flashing to v0.5 and now the GPS is even worse. Now NONE of the apps are working. I can pick up a signal in Google, but it does not move with me, just sits at the original GPS location. Same with Livesearch and Sprint Navi, didnt try Tomtom. I even tried installing the newest version of Sprint Navi also.

Thanks for the detail. I verified that I have the same problem on my drive to work. I think it occurred when I switched my SYS version. I think I may go back to 21109 for xip and sys.

ClearTemp is in the ROM in the Programs --> Utils folder.

Kevan

faaz23 01-13-2009 12:43 PM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
I have tried loading the ROM a couple times so far, and everytime I get an error message as soon as the percentage bar comes up. It says something about a communication error. Does anybody else get this?

kevank 01-13-2009 12:55 PM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by faaz23 (Post 637064)
I have tried loading the ROM a couple times so far, and everytime I get an error message as soon as the percentage bar comes up. It says something about a communication error. Does anybody else get this?

Is your phone unlocked?

faaz23 01-13-2009 01:02 PM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevank (Post 637085)
Is your phone unlocked?

Yes, the phone is unlocked. When I go to the tri-colored screen, it says unlocked at the top

kevank 01-13-2009 01:06 PM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by faaz23 (Post 637095)
Yes, the phone is unlocked. When I go to the tri-colored screen, it says unlocked at the top

What is the last rom your loaded on your phone (before mine)?

kevank 01-13-2009 01:14 PM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Ok. Rebuilt my rom with a newer sys and xip. I am going to lunch and will test the GPS. I will let you know how it goes.

faaz23 01-13-2009 01:49 PM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevank (Post 637102)
What is the last rom your loaded on your phone (before mine)?

I tried the Bored's GPS rom, and JD's rom.

faaz23 01-13-2009 01:55 PM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by faaz23 (Post 637181)
I tried the Bored's GPS rom, and JD's rom.

I had the same problem with those two roms as well. So, i have stuck with the stock rom so far.

kevank 01-13-2009 04:18 PM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by faaz23 (Post 637191)
I had the same problem with those two roms as well. So, i have stuck with the stock rom so far.

Follow this thread before flashing:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

ejqr5 01-13-2009 04:40 PM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Any word on the GPS issue? I've been wanting to try out this rom, but I need my GPS.

kevank 01-13-2009 04:42 PM

Re: [1-12-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.5 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.20954 Build 20954] [UC]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejqr5 (Post 637551)
Any word on the GPS issue? I've been wanting to try out this rom, but I need my GPS.

It appears to be unrelated to the XIP and SYS that is installed. At a low level, the GPS is working. I think the apps are having a problem with the D3D video drivers. This is a hard one to test but I will try to figure it our during my ride home. I hope to have a fix tonight.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0