PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52307)

gspitman 01-19-2009 03:24 AM

Re: [1-17-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Ok one personal asthetic request? I know that VistaHide is the culprit on the keyboard lag, so that's a deal breaker... but could we try Batti in the next build? It's just SO much prettier.

Other than that... I'm loving it and keep up the good work!

kevank 01-19-2009 11:44 AM

Re: [1-17-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by gspitman (Post 650760)
Ok one personal asthetic request? I know that VistaHide is the culprit on the keyboard lag, so that's a deal breaker... but could we try Batti in the next build? It's just SO much prettier.

Other than that... I'm loving it and keep up the good work!

I have read that Batti causes some of the same battery drain and delay issues. My plan for the next release is to install the battery meter as a cab. That way folks can remove it and install whatever they want.

kevank 01-19-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerp (Post 649127)
as of now, i can't get the WebVideoDownloader(17) and TCPMP(the one from the Touch Pro forum on this site touting "Mobile Definition Video") working nice together, that was tricky on every ROM i've tried though.

I will try to get this built into the ROM. Defiantly not in the next release but possibly the one after.

Quote:

s2u2(1.42) does not really lock the buttons in this ROM. i can click the hardware buttons and exit out of the program rendering it useless.

I will look into this one. I don't use S2U2 anymore but it would bug me too.

Quote:

i love all of the apps/games added....with the wealth of storage on this phone, it needs more ROMs with lots of games and apps. the performance, i'm not done observing, but so far i have mixed feelings.........some notes:
1. from a soft reset, and a minute to fully load(something i think many impatient users don't allow before playing), TF3d seems to run beautifully, even with the beefy themes that i've tried.
2. along with the long startup-load time that i just mentioned, it seems that starting apps/games takes longer then my last ROM as well(Yay4Juggs 4.0). however, once the ROM/app/game does load, it is generally fast. i'm not sure exactly what would cause this behavior, but i have suspicions.....i'm leaning towards the pagepool size or the 3D drivers, but have yet to try different ones......then again, this is the first ROM with a WM build > 20000 that i've tried, so i could have something to do with that.
3. donno what build of Opera this is, but i HATE it....the scrolling is not fluid unless you go slow and there is little to no "flick/inertia scrolling".....this may just be the fact that i've been on Yay4Juggs 4.0......the tail of his ROMs thread is peppered with people asking him how he got Opera running so well in his ROM, but unfortunatly no respose from him.

1. It is a long boot up for this ROM. I believe that it is related to the number of OEMs used when building the ROM. Many extra files are placed in the \Windows directory. This goes along with part of the cab install strategy.

2. This could be related to #1 but it could also be PP. I will test with different page pools and see what works best.

3. This is the Opera build that came with the leaked Diamond ROM. I have since switched to a different build for the next release. (This was already being install via cab... you should be able to update it.)

Quote:

i'll be monitoring the battery life over the course of my use today and will report back on that.

Let me know. I wanna track down any battery issues if they exist.

Quote:

before i forget to mention it, i did notice that you included my suggestions in the next build after i made them, bravo! you get much props for cooking in Task Facade mapped to a hardware button!....that is something NOONE else does and it adds a very nice functionality and eye-candy to boot! i can't wait to show that to(read:rub it in his face =P) my iPhone using coworkers tomorrow. one of them is a big linux guy and loathes the fact that his iPhony can't run multiple apps concurrently.

I like Task Facade. Works great and looks good. I could get 4.0 beta to run stable so I when with 3.8.5. Taunt away!

Quote:

also, i have a new suggestion for you to consider for your next build. your ROM is LOADED as the name suggests, but some apps are just better as CAB installs as opposed to cooked in OEMs.....apps that get frequently updated, or leaked builds like Opera, google maps, live search, etc. i find are best installed via cab as sometimes they must be uninstalled fully to update properly. having them cooked in can sometimes lead to conflicts when updating them with newer versions that have massive or sometimes even small structural changes in the software, file structure. to avoid that, you could move some of those apps to cab installs on first boot auto run....
i know u've got OEMs for lots if not all of the games you have in this ROM, but there is a CAB on the xda Raph Software forums called SuperArcadePack(3.3) that has most of the games you include + some good ones that you don't (UNO, Yatzee, ICBM). i personally, just installed the cab on top of the ROM and i haven't found any conflicts, but it might make sense for you to remove the duplicate game OEMs and use the SAP .cab during the first boot. you could even make it the last item installed in autorun so users that don't want all of the extra games can cancel/softreset to leave them out(i think that would work....). it's a personal preference call that i leave to you, but i just thought i'd float the idea.

I was already leaning this way. (Opera install....) I am planning to do a number of changes in the next rom and move several of the OEMs to cab install for updating. I will also look at the games cab you mentioned.

Thanks for all the feedback! Keep it coming.

kevank 01-19-2009 04:43 PM

Re: [1-17-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

v0.8 is up. Link is in the first post.

[+] Opera Mobile 15316 - Loades much faster.
[+] Juggalo's Flash Bundle
[+] MS Live Search 4.0.12158.1 with Bird's Eye View
[ ] Opera, LVM Battery Meter, Live Search and Google Maps are installed during cusomizations.
[ ] They can be removed / upgraded if needed.
[ ] The autorun customizations take a while, just wait.

Overall this ROM seems faster. Let me know what you think.

kevank 01-19-2009 05:57 PM

Re: [1-17-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Just an FYI - There maybe another release. If you hate setting up everything after a flash. Wait - 0.9 should be out tonight.

Lots of additional games and hopefully TCPMP.

housinit 01-19-2009 06:47 PM

Re: [1-13-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.6 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwinvest (Post 644039)
Hi Kevank,

I noticed the camera tab on the home screen does not recognize your pics stored on your storage card. You have to open the camera click on album, and then select storage card. I used to be able to scroll through them on the camera tab. The other thing I noticed is I cannot log in to wellsfargo.com from Opera anymore and with the stock rom I was able to log on. The error I get is a security warning and I need to upgrade to a different browser which I did not receive on the stock rom. Any ideas on a fix maybe reload the stock Opera program? I was also wondering if you planned on adding WM Wifi to a new release. Other than that it seems to be working pretty good.

Thanks alot Man great work!!!

About wellfargo.com. Another user just answered my question about this because I was having the same problem.

Heres the fix.

:headbang:Originally Posted by bestjudge http://67.228.199.237/forum.ppcgeeks...s/viewpost.gif
Try type in url opera:config
go to user agent
spoof userAgent id put in 2 (default is 1)
and save it.
restart opera and see if it works.

kevank 01-19-2009 06:49 PM

Re: [1-13-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.6 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by housinit (Post 652126)
About wellfargo.com. Another user just answered my question about this because I was having the same problem.

Heres the fix.

:headbang:Originally Posted by bestjudge http://67.228.199.237/forum.ppcgeeks...s/viewpost.gif
go to user agent
and save it.

Cool. Does that enable spoofing or disable it?

bestjudge 01-19-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevank (Post 652131)

enable

1 is Opera Mobile 9.5
2 is Firefox
3 is desktop IE 6

housinit 01-19-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevank (Post 652131)

I don't think it enables or disables spoofing, just changes what user agent Opera is letting know the websites it hits. Not sure though. Didn't even know about the the Opera:config url. Gives you all kinds of options to play with in Opera.

--luis

Thanks for the update on that bestjudge! I was little slow on the draw there. (See post #159)

jwinvest 01-19-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housinit (Post 652126)

Heres the fix.

go to user agent
and save it.

Thanks alot for the heads up, I will give that a try.