PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52307)

kevank 01-18-2009 01:32 PM

Re: [1-17-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by afanaras (Post 648767)
Love your ROM, great to showcase what the PRO can do. Thanks for all your work.
I was wondering if anybody else is having short battery life, it seems that mine is dying very quick. I charged it last night and now with two calls, 4 txt msgs and 7n emails is at 56%. I am new here and I might be doing something wrong with my phone, any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I noticed the battery drain too. I am working on it now. :-)

kevank 01-18-2009 02:00 PM

Re: [1-17-09] KK's Loaded ROM v0.7 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21009 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsenalfan (Post 649064)
As far as I know, landscape does not work with Manila HD, BUT, I know that its being worked on and hopefully it will be soon. I personally installed the HD Manila and its awesome even though its a little buggy.

I will play with it a bit. If a landscape version is published and stable I will include it.

yerp 01-18-2009 02:11 PM

hey kevank,

i flashed your .7 ROM last night. i have to say, its very nice! there are a few quirks that could become deal breakers if i can't find a resolution to them, but hopefully i can.

as of now, i can't get the WebVideoDownloader(17) and TCPMP(the one from the Touch Pro forum on this site touting "Mobile Definition Video") working nice together, that was tricky on every ROM i've tried though.

s2u2(1.42) does not really lock the buttons in this ROM. i can click the hardware buttons and exit out of the program rendering it useless.

i love all of the apps/games added....with the wealth of storage on this phone, it needs more ROMs with lots of games and apps. the performance, i'm not done observing, but so far i have mixed feelings.........some notes:
1. from a soft reset, and a minute to fully load(something i think many impatient users don't allow before playing), TF3d seems to run beautifully, even with the beefy themes that i've tried.
2. along with the long startup-load time that i just mentioned, it seems that starting apps/games takes longer then my last ROM as well(Yay4Juggs 4.0). however, once the ROM/app/game does load, it is generally fast. i'm not sure exactly what would cause this behavior, but i have suspicions.....i'm leaning towards the pagepool size or the 3D drivers, but have yet to try different ones......then again, this is the first ROM with a WM build > 20000 that i've tried, so i could have something to do with that.
3. donno what build of Opera this is, but i HATE it....the scrolling is not fluid unless you go slow and there is little to no "flick/inertia scrolling".....this may just be the fact that i've been on Yay4Juggs 4.0......the tail of his ROMs thread is peppered with people asking him how he got Opera running so well in his ROM, but unfortunatly no respose from him.

i'll be monitoring the battery life over the course of my use today and will report back on that.

before i forget to mention it, i did notice that you included my suggestions in the next build after i made them, bravo! you get much props for cooking in Task Facade mapped to a hardware button!....that is something NOONE else does and it adds a very nice functionality and eye-candy to boot! i can't wait to show that to(read:rub it in his face =P) my iPhone using coworkers tomorrow. one of them is a big linux guy and loathes the fact that his iPhony can't run multiple apps concurrently.

also, i have a new suggestion for you to consider for your next build. your ROM is LOADED as the name suggests, but some apps are just better as CAB installs as opposed to cooked in OEMs.....apps that get frequently updated, or leaked builds like Opera, google maps, live search, etc. i find are best installed via cab as sometimes they must be uninstalled fully to update properly. having them cooked in can sometimes lead to conflicts when updating them with newer versions that have massive or sometimes even small structural changes in the software, file structure. to avoid that, you could move some of those apps to cab installs on first boot auto run....
i know u've got OEMs for lots if not all of the games you have in this ROM, but there is a CAB on the xda Raph Software forums called SuperArcadePack(3.3) that has most of the games you include + some good ones that you don't (UNO, Yatzee, ICBM). i personally, just installed the cab on top of the ROM and i haven't found any conflicts, but it might make sense for you to remove the duplicate game OEMs and use the SAP .cab during the first boot. you could even make it the last item installed in autorun so users that don't want all of the extra games can cancel/softreset to leave them out(i think that would work....). it's a personal preference call that i leave to you, but i just thought i'd float the idea.

all in all, i'm very impressed with what you have done especially with your short time as a pro cook. even if i decide to change ROMs, i wil definitely be checking back here for future updates to this stand out ROM.

to anyone who is ghosting this thread, pondering a flash of this ROM, DO IT! this ROM has a lot to offer that cannot be had by fresh flash of any other ROM for this device that i know of.....and give my man kevank some thanks and STAR rating for his efforts.

kev, keep up the excellent work my friend!

vrdude 01-18-2009 04:33 PM

how can the background image be changed? it is hard to read on some screens.....

remlle 01-18-2009 04:53 PM

settings tab/wallpaper

vrdude 01-18-2009 07:36 PM

thanks...

bradparker1892 01-18-2009 10:21 PM

anyone else having issues with SMS? every time i soft reset my phone, it starts back up and resends all the text messages i have sent in the previous 72 hours... and thats a lot of texts.. just wondering if anyone else had this issue... i'm using Build 20954 KK Loaded v0.5

kevank 01-19-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradparker1892 (Post 650054)
anyone else having issues with SMS? every time i soft reset my phone, it starts back up and resends all the text messages i have sent in the previous 72 hours... and thats a lot of texts.. just wondering if anyone else had this issue... i'm using Build 20954 KK Loaded v0.5

I didn't have the issue on v0.5. I would recommend upgrading.

kevank 01-19-2009 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerp (Post 649127)
hey kevank,

i flashed your .7 ROM last night. i have to say, its very nice! there are a few quirks that could become deal breakers if i can't find a resolution to them, but hopefully i can.

This is a big post. I will read it again in the morning and give me feedback.

Thanks!

kevank 01-19-2009 01:58 AM

Here is an update on battery usage:

After 16 hours off the charger, I am at 63% batt. I talked on the phone for 30 minutes, Active sync for work recieved 35 messages and I surfed the web via opera for 30 mintes.

Much better results than I expected.l