PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

BroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Latest PRL (51250) For Verizon network using a Sprint PRI (w/Q&A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctech101 View Post
I have a request. Here is 51370 Verizon non evdo, can you please mod it For Verizon network using a Sprint PRI for me?
I have no clue on how to edit.
Thanks
This one seems to already be modified as the Roam Indicator IDs are in the proper ranges. Do you have a non-modified one from a Verizon device?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Latest PRL (51250) For Verizon network using a Sprint PRI (w/Q&A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeurx View Post
just a quick fyi, i think its ##prl and not **prl, and if your on custom roms then it could be ##prl#
How did I miss that! Thanks - FAQ updated
Old 07-09-2009, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Latest PRL (51425) For Verizon network using a Sprint PRI (w/Q&A)

Updated thread with newest modified PRL 51425
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ragecyr is a n00b
Re: [July 9, 2009] Latest PRL (51425) For Verizon network using a Sprint PRI (w/Q&A)

I know this thread has been dead a while, but what is the difference between a PRL and a modified PRL?

For me a with a verizon on verizon running a custom rom, any PRL gives me roaming, while your modified one DOES NOT. I would like to update my PRL to the newest version, but was hoping to do the modification to make it not roaming and not "preferred system". Any chance you could fill us in on what makes it "modified"?
Old 07-23-2009, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [July 9, 2009] Latest PRL (51425) For Verizon network using a Sprint PRI (w/Q&A)

I have a question along the lines of this post. I have an Alltel TP and until July 14th was an Alltel customer. I was moved (not by choice) to Verizon. I also have a work phone that was already a Verizon phone. Areas where my Verizon phone would work and my Alltel would not have not changed. Any idea why my Alltel TP will not update and log into the Verzion towers? If I update as listed at the begining of this thread will I then lose the ability to hit the Alltel towers I now can see?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Lurker

jcampolo is a n00b

Thanks, I installed 51214 in my Sprint BB 8330 and I am still roaming on SID 3002 which is listed in the prl. I was also roaming using prl 51143 too. If I dial * 611 I get the "welcome to vzw" either way. I am using an Airvoice prepaid plan, maybe that's the problem. Do you know if there is anything else I have to change in the BB. Airv had me put my phone # in "MDN" and MSI_S and change SID to 1026.
That got me connected.

When I am in the city in an EVDO area I am not roaming. Both systems are VZW, the only difference is one is EVDO and the other is 1xrtt. My native VZW HP mini works fine on the 1xrtt, slow, but works. *288 & *28810 do not work anywhere. Airvoice says they use 51457 but couldn't tell me where to get it. Does anyone know? That Corolada site is last years stuff.

Note: When using QPST to put in the prl, there has to be an SPC set. It wouldn't download to the BB with the SPC set to 000000. So I changed it back to the original SPC and it took. To check dial #4357* on the BB and you can see the current SID, PRL, and other stuff.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

natedoggathens is a n00b

Will doing this allow me to use a non VZW Touch Pro on Verizon?
Old 08-07-2009, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Robin24k is just getting started

Not necessarily. It's something you'll need in the process, but not the only thing that needs to be done.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

natedoggathens is a n00b

I searched but can't find instructions on doing it.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedoggathens View Post
I searched but can't find instructions on doing it.
Now that I find hard to believe. There are several large threads that deal with getting a non-VZW TP on VZW. First and foremost, you need to get your non-VZW TP added to VZW's Device Management Database (referred to as the DMD). You can't activate it without getting that being done first. You'll need to find a VZW tech that can do it for you, either at the store or over the phone. Everything else, is easy by comparison...
"There is no such thing as a stupid question" is just as ridiculous as saying "There is no such thing as a stupid answer". This proves there are also "stupid statements". There are probably alot of "stupid ideas" too. And what do all these things have in common? Stupid people.

Remember to say ...Preferrably by clicking the button instead of wasting valuable forum space
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development