PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 07:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

unitmonster is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

I've had my touch pro for just a couple of weeks after many years of palm os phones (mainly treos). I tried a blackberry curve right before the touch pro but wasn't "feeling it", so I returned it and made the switch to the HTC...so glad i did!

To Juggalo and everyone helping him...Thanks for a great (and much better) alternative to the stock rom! Although I'm sure my wife and three kids are wondering "what could be so great" as I read through hundreds of pages on a message board...LOL.

I have some feedback (still on .07.02b so some of this may be addressed already).

* A while back you mentioned adding a small flip program...not too many people responded, but I for one would like to see it in the rom (i think you mentioned default would be set to "off" and it is a really small program). Primarily i would like it for navigation/gps (don't want the keyboard open for that), but there have been other times where I have desired landscape w/o the keyboard.

* I'd love to see some type of calendar view that simply scrolls all upcoming appts, tasks, holidays, bdays, etc. on one page (agenda type view). I guess this is not really rom related but more specific to software, but if this somehow were an option within the rom I think it would be great. Probably the one thing I really miss from my short time with the blackberry was this agenda view...I could see my next month or two worth of events, b-days, tasks, etc. in a matter of seconds without having to press a bunch of buttons. If I could click the calendar from the home tab and go to a view like that, I think this would immediately become my favorite phone/pda ever!

* This seems strange (probably true in stock rom as well), but in the people tab of tf3d or in contacts, if I attach a picture to the person, it is blurred on the people tab. This is even true if I use the camera option from within contacts to take the picture I want to attach to that person. However, if I then go to the photos and video tab and open the same picture from an album, and then ask it to "save to contact", when I go back to the people tab the picture is MUCH clearer. This probably is not rom specific, but I haven't seen anyone else mention this issue so I figured I would.

* I'm sure you are already well aware of these, but supposedly these two cabs significantly enhance speed for 1) the sd card 2) wifi. My guess is if they are effective at all, they are probably already in your rom, but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49652
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48801

* Some other things I have seen mentioned previously...maybe they are already addressed in .08.
1) I'd like to see the data option within your "comm manager"
2) I'd like the option to not have the screen shutoff so quickly when on a call (makes dealing with automated phone systems even more frustrating...LOL).

Again, thanks for a fantastic rom. I think even at V0.07.02B I would be set, so I can only imagine how happy I will be with the final product!

Oh yeah, one more thing...would you do something about this ridiculous battery life already
Old 01-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Btw I know some of the roms out here the 3way does not work. Does 3way work with this rom?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor

Well I am looking forward to the final release. I don't care about how cool stuff looks as long it it works and the stupid annoying things are dealt with. The main one I have is when i look at a text message open it to reply and flip open the keyboard it exits messages and returns to the home screen landscape manilla. I still get freezing, and lag. I hit the home button and it takes up to 5 seconds to return home. I hate lag, I could not care less about many of the other stuff....
Old 01-19-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TwoSteppin4140 is just getting started

I can echo that text messaging issue...but I've just come to accept it as reality.

Is anyone able to record MMS Video?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitmonster View Post
* A while back you mentioned adding a small flip program...not too many people responded, but I for one would like to see it in the rom (i think you mentioned default would be set to "off" and it is a really small program). Primarily i would like it for navigation/gps (don't want the keyboard open for that), but there have been other times where I have desired landscape w/o the keyboard.

* I'd love to see some type of calendar view that simply scrolls all upcoming appts, tasks, holidays, bdays, etc. on one page (agenda type view). I guess this is not really rom related but more specific to software, but if this somehow were an option within the rom I think it would be great. Probably the one thing I really miss from my short time with the blackberry was this agenda view...I could see my next month or two worth of events, b-days, tasks, etc. in a matter of seconds without having to press a bunch of buttons. If I could click the calendar from the home tab and go to a view like that, I think this would immediately become my favorite phone/pda ever!

* Some other things I have seen mentioned previously...maybe they are already addressed in .08.
1) I'd like to see the data option within your "comm manager"

2) I'd like the option to not have the screen shutoff so quickly when on a call (makes dealing with automated phone systems even more frustrating...LOL).
there is a program out there called flipit that you can have it off, and then only add the programs you want it to turn for (ie. tmail.exe for messaging and email, or que.exe for garmin mobile xt) you can tell it whether or not to go 0, 90, 180, or 270 degrees which is pretty sweet.

use ssmapa to reroute the calendar button to open a program like thumbcal which is a pretty good calendar program (i think its only 8 dollars) that allows you to flip through it and use your fingers.

just set the long press end key under settings to turn off data, that's what a lot of people do

pretty sure thats a regedit for the phone screen off thing, but not for sure and i don't know what it is
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

ok so I just flashed Juggalo to my phone coming over from Merdin's rom. I'm just checking this out. First thing I notice, how do I get the pictures in tf3d to read from the storage card? Merdin rom did this by itself so even after the flash my pictures came back. Also I really liked the call history in tf3d Merdin had. Just comparing right now... Both are very nice
Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
ok so I just flashed Juggalo to my phone coming over from Merdin's rom. I'm just checking this out. First thing I notice, how do I get the pictures in tf3d to read from the storage card? Merdin rom did this by itself so even after the flash my pictures came back. Also I really liked the call history in tf3d Merdin had. Just comparing right now... Both are very nice
Just make sure they are in the storage card/my documents/my pictures instead of the dcim folder
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnchbx13 View Post
Just make sure they are in the storage card/my documents/my pictures instead of the dcim folder
that worked, ty
Old 01-20-2009, 12:27 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hmm, haven't seen juggalo on the thread. does that mean we won't see a rom tonight?

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 01-20-2009, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Re: [01-08-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.06.03B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC

This did not work as other described, when you uninstall a cab regedit does it return the previous reg setting back to normal. I ask because this is supposed to increase the evdo timeout and if it didnt fix Pandora i would like to return my timeout back to default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
Possible Pandora Streaming cut off fix

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development