PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59
Re: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusekGT View Post
i want this build.. cuz i dont know how to manage my own kitchen. how do i download it? i can't find a button or link anywhere. help?
What you can do once you decide on a rom is connect to your pc sync if you can. But if you can't just hold the power off button/volume down button/insert end of stylus into reset hole all at same time.
You will get a tri-color screen (called bootloader)
Now just click on RUU Update Utility on the rom and follow the on screen instructions on your pc.

Here is a good one for you.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68403

Here is another good one.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=themes

Here is another one that is pretty good.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=themes
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"

Last edited by selders59; 05-13-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mike99 is just getting started

OK,

So I have a question.

I found a ROM that I like, but it has some programs built-in I really do not want. Can I use a ROM kitchen to edit a custom ROM. All I need is to remove a few programs, leaving all else as is.

Is this possible??? Is it fairly simple? I am not a programmer, and do not know much about ROM cooking.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike99 View Post
OK,

So I have a question.

I found a ROM that I like, but it has some programs built-in I really do not want. Can I use a ROM kitchen to edit a custom ROM. All I need is to remove a few programs, leaving all else as is.

Is this possible??? Is it fairly simple? I am not a programmer, and do not know much about ROM cooking.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
yea its really simple deffintly with the ppck kitchen this was the first one that i learned from i mean it takes a while to get used to changing t hings making oems and what not but i mean us fellow chiefs would be happy to help if you just send us a messege or always just post into this thread.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks a lot.

I downloaded the kitchen and installed it. I run JUICY 7 ROM. However, I would like to get rid of TF3D2 (too boggy), and keep the rest of the ROM as is. Could someone please walk me through the process. I have the ROM installed on my PDA as well as the original download on my PC. So, I need to modify it and then save so that I can flash it later on.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sincerely,

Mike
Old 05-14-2009, 09:47 AM
VIP Member

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Thanks a lot.

I downloaded the kitchen and installed it. I run JUICY 7 ROM. However, I would like to get rid of TF3D2 (too boggy), and keep the rest of the ROM as is. Could someone please walk me through the process. I have the ROM installed on my PDA as well as the original download on my PC. So, I need to modify it and then save so that I can flash it later on.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sincerely,

Mike
What kitchen did you install, and if you dont want touch flow that is already in a rom just disable it, not to sure if you can remove it from the .nbh file.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I installed the kitchen from the first post of this thread.

My TF3D is already disabled. However, it still slows the device way too much. I am trying to figure out how to load the JUICY ROM into the kitchen so that I can try to edit it. Could not find an option of uploading a ROM into the kitchen.

Any thoughts???

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:37 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I installed the kitchen from the first post of this thread.

My TF3D is already disabled. However, it still slows the device way too much. I am trying to figure out how to load the JUICY ROM into the kitchen so that I can try to edit it. Could not find an option of uploading a ROM into the kitchen.

Any thoughts???

Thanks.
i dont think you can upload someone else rom, but you can upload files into the kitchen like OEM which are the things for example music id, or flash, google maps ect. there are alot of programgs to convert cab into oems to add into the kitchen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks for the explanation.

Cheers.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

are we going to see a 21502 build anytime soon?
Old 05-15-2009, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WinDroid XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Technix2002 is just getting started

^21502

I was wondering the same.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development