PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46526)

dodge_longhorn 04-27-2009 10:17 PM

Re: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen

also the ringtones that i have work but then for a while they go corrupt and have to reset phone to make it work any ideas

cshep 04-28-2009 05:42 PM

Last night, I cooked my first rom. All went well but forgot to change the pagepool size. I went back to the txt file throught buildOS and changed the pagepool size and now buildOS will not cook anymore. Keep getting 'Error building default.hv and user.hv!. don't know what I'm doing wrong. I really would like to get into the kitchen and cook my own roms if I can ever get this to work and to repeat the process.

dodge_longhorn 04-28-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshep (Post 882879)
Last night, I cooked my first rom. All went well but forgot to change the pagepool size. I went back to the txt file throught buildOS and changed the pagepool size and now buildOS will not cook anymore. Keep getting 'Error building default.hv and user.hv!. don't know what I'm doing wrong. I really would like to get into the kitchen and cook my own roms if I can ever get this to work and to repeat the process.

its not the page pool size its prolly something you selected prolly about menu enhacements or something so just uncheck stuff and try.

jarmenti 04-28-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn (Post 881159)
also the ringtones that i have work but then for a while they go corrupt and have to reset phone to make it work any ideas

I have also had this problem. if anyone knows how to fix ringtones from going corrupted, it would be greatly appreciated.I've missed a few phone calls cause of it (phone doesn't ring). i now have my ringer set to vibrate for now.

rsbrown69 04-29-2009 01:43 PM

I normally use WKTask but with the new start menu if I hit x it closes completely then I have to reboot the phone to gain the start menu function back. Does anyone know the name of the new start menu so that I can add it as an exception to WKTask, or at least restart it using file explorer?

Another problem is the alarms are very flaky, I have played with it and basically had the alarm go off about 10 times before it started working somewhat correctly. The first problem was a very delayed alarm and the second problem is the alarm sound always wants to use the reminder sound.

Also, how do I go back to the original way of selecting multiple messages and texts? I am not a big fan of having to go to the menu to select multiple texts.

brightedge 04-29-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsbrown69 (Post 884512)
I normally use WKTask but with the new start menu if I hit x it closes completely then I have to reboot the phone to gain the start menu function back. Does anyone know the name of the new start menu so that I can add it as an exception to WKTask, or at least restart it using file explorer?

Another problem is the alarms are very flaky, I have played with it and basically had the alarm go off about 10 times before it started working somewhat correctly. The first problem was a very delayed alarm and the second problem is the alarm sound always wants to use the reminder sound.

Also, how do I go back to the original way of selecting multiple messages and texts? I am not a big fan of having to go to the menu to select multiple texts.

This has been bugging me too. The only answer I've found so far is here:
http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...86&postcount=6

rsbrown69 04-29-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightedge (Post 885215)
This has been bugging me too. The only answer I've found so far is here:
http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...86&postcount=6

Hmm, I tried that and it didn't seem to fix it for me.

iconeo 04-29-2009 07:52 PM

Hardware Keyboard issues. (KbdNopAll.dll is referenced in my HKLM....KEYBD, keypad.dll is referenced in my HKLM....keypad, CurrLang 0409, CWSLayout 1)

Some of my keys on the keyboard are not working correctly such as the shift and caps, I think they are reversed. Also, the function key doesn't pull up the right characters all the time. Example, function+u gives me a '+' and function+i gives me an '='. Has anyone seen this behavior before? How do I fix it? Is it simply a matter of replacing Kbdnopall.dll or keypad.dll?

FYI - I am using the new HTC Touch Diamond SIP.

dodge_longhorn 04-30-2009 11:54 AM

well i heard new release of the 21215 came out today hopefully ppckitchen and the others might release it sometime soon :D cant wait!!

p-slim 04-30-2009 01:47 PM

I built my rom but everytime i click on an opera link i get a soft vibration. I don't have touch response installed. Does anyone know how to disable this annoying feature. Also everytime i close opera it doesn't acually close unless i hit menu then exit. I don't have it in the exclusive list, does anyone know a fix?

psiphi 05-01-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshep (Post 882879)

This is caused by adding the "Menu Enhancement" module... I switch to using the "Notification Enhancement" module instead...

Also, the "WM6 VoIP" module will cause the build to fail...

peacock93 05-04-2009 12:04 PM

Hello everyone,

I've created ROMs with WM6.1 21042 and WM6.5 21501. Can WM6.5 be setup to look and operate like WM6.1. I just don't care for the Program/Widget stuff.

pea****93

dodge_longhorn 05-05-2009 08:35 PM

How do you make a generic rom in ppck.

gguruusa 05-05-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn (Post 897952)
How do you make a generic rom in ppck.

What do you mean by generic? Roms are generic, except for the carrier part. For most people, kinda pointless to make a rom without a carrier. Only the important carrier customizations are retained, even so.

DusekGT 05-06-2009 09:52 PM

i want this build.. cuz i dont know how to manage my own kitchen. how do i download it? i can't find a button or link anywhere. help?

rainabba 05-07-2009 05:11 PM

Wrong thread..

creativemain 05-09-2009 01:47 AM

first off wrong thread, second no you dont not with a ppc 6700 i ran it for about 2 hours on mine , that device is not.... well i wont say capable because it is, but very slow a choppy with winmo 6.5

sparks.calvin 05-09-2009 10:54 PM

Ok So I just flashed to 6.5 and really liking it. Only thing Is that now when I type with the KB or use the directional buttons it vibrates. Also when playing vids in either WMP or TCPMP the backlight and phone will just black. Is there a way to get WMP to just stay on if a video is running like it did with my stock rom

akastixx 05-11-2009 01:15 AM

are there reg edits or a cab out there to enable the extra button settings in the start>settings>personal>buttons menu?

dodge_longhorn 05-13-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akastixx (Post 907833)
are there reg edits or a cab out there to enable the extra button settings in the start>settings>personal>buttons menu?

what do you mean.

selders59 05-13-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DusekGT (Post 900143)
i want this build.. cuz i dont know how to manage my own kitchen. how do i download it? i can't find a button or link anywhere. help?

What you can do once you decide on a rom is connect to your pc sync if you can. But if you can't just hold the power off button/volume down button/insert end of stylus into reset hole all at same time.
You will get a tri-color screen (called bootloader)
Now just click on RUU Update Utility on the rom and follow the on screen instructions on your pc.

:headbang:Here is a good one for you.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=68403

Here is another good one.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=themes

Here is another one that is pretty good.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=themes

mike99 05-13-2009 11:31 PM

OK,

So I have a question.

I found a ROM that I like, but it has some programs built-in I really do not want. Can I use a ROM kitchen to edit a custom ROM. All I need is to remove a few programs, leaving all else as is.

Is this possible??? Is it fairly simple? I am not a programmer, and do not know much about ROM cooking.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

dodge_longhorn 05-13-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike99 (Post 913937)
OK,

So I have a question.

I found a ROM that I like, but it has some programs built-in I really do not want. Can I use a ROM kitchen to edit a custom ROM. All I need is to remove a few programs, leaving all else as is.

Is this possible??? Is it fairly simple? I am not a programmer, and do not know much about ROM cooking.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

yea its really simple deffintly with the ppck kitchen this was the first one that i learned from i mean it takes a while to get used to changing t hings making oems and what not but i mean us fellow chiefs would be happy to help if you just send us a messege or always just post into this thread.

mike99 05-13-2009 11:58 PM

Thanks a lot.

I downloaded the kitchen and installed it. I run JUICY 7 ROM. However, I would like to get rid of TF3D2 (too boggy), and keep the rest of the ROM as is. Could someone please walk me through the process. I have the ROM installed on my PDA as well as the original download on my PC. So, I need to modify it and then save so that I can flash it later on.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sincerely,

Mike

dodge_longhorn 05-14-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike99 (Post 914001)
Thanks a lot.

I downloaded the kitchen and installed it. I run JUICY 7 ROM. However, I would like to get rid of TF3D2 (too boggy), and keep the rest of the ROM as is. Could someone please walk me through the process. I have the ROM installed on my PDA as well as the original download on my PC. So, I need to modify it and then save so that I can flash it later on.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sincerely,

Mike

What kitchen did you install, and if you dont want touch flow that is already in a rom just disable it, not to sure if you can remove it from the .nbh file.

mike99 05-14-2009 09:57 AM

I installed the kitchen from the first post of this thread.

My TF3D is already disabled. However, it still slows the device way too much. I am trying to figure out how to load the JUICY ROM into the kitchen so that I can try to edit it. Could not find an option of uploading a ROM into the kitchen.

Any thoughts???

Thanks.

dodge_longhorn 05-14-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike99 (Post 914449)
I installed the kitchen from the first post of this thread.

My TF3D is already disabled. However, it still slows the device way too much. I am trying to figure out how to load the JUICY ROM into the kitchen so that I can try to edit it. Could not find an option of uploading a ROM into the kitchen.

Any thoughts???

Thanks.

i dont think you can upload someone else rom, but you can upload files into the kitchen like OEM which are the things for example music id, or flash, google maps ect. there are alot of programgs to convert cab into oems to add into the kitchen.

mike99 05-14-2009 10:52 AM

Thanks for the explanation.

Cheers.

p-slim 05-15-2009 10:20 AM

are we going to see a 21502 build anytime soon?

Technix2002 05-15-2009 03:31 PM

^21502

I was wondering the same.

p-slim 05-15-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technix2002 (Post 917259)
^21502

I was wondering the same.

I was hoping for this also, but i sent the op a private message and he responded no.

akastixx 05-16-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akastixx (Post 907833)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn (Post 913284)
what do you mean.

go to start > settings > personal > buttons. when using this kitchen, there are 5-6 options. in other 6.5 roms, there is only the long press send, then long press end if you go to start > settings > system. I've found the way to get some of these to work***, but I don't know how to make it appear in the settings.

Anyone have a solution for me?

*** (from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=365581 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=355277&page=6 : )

-Create a shortcut of a program.
-Rename it

Long_PTT.lnk (push to talk button + long press - FUZE ONLY)
Long_End.lnk (the end call button key + long press)
Long_Send.lnk (the answer call button + long press)
Long_Power.lnk (power button + long press)
Short_PTT.lnk (push to talk button - FUZE ONLY)
Short_Power.lnk (power button)
Short_End.lnk (the end call button)
Short_Send.lnk (the answer call button)

-Move the file to the Windows directory.
-Soft reset.

sparks.calvin 05-16-2009 03:38 PM

Hey I have noticed a issue. I have installed the rom and decided not to include Manilla. Now my volume up and down buttons scroll up and down and even clicking on the volume icon will not bring up the option to change it. It seems to be stuck on just a medium level.
Any Ideas

dodge_longhorn 05-16-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparks.calvin (Post 918765)
Hey I have noticed a issue. I have installed the rom and decided not to include Manilla. Now my volume up and down buttons scroll up and down and even clicking on the volume icon will not bring up the option to change it. It seems to be stuck on just a medium level.
Any Ideas

i ran into that before, its one of the oems that you checked so uncheck any thing for notifcation..ect and go from there.

kelvinbeck 05-17-2009 11:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got this error when trying to build my custom ROM... Help.

dodge_longhorn 05-18-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinbeck (Post 921167)
I got this error when trying to build my custom ROM... Help.

also same thing must be something your adding into your kitchen so best thing is to go back to the minimum stuff and add a few things here and there then see if you run into that error usually it was the enlarge task bar or something causing that i believe haven't used the kitchen in a while.

IM0001 05-18-2009 06:23 PM

WM 6.1 21042 Kitchen

Hey guys. I have an interesting problem. For some reason every rom I cook with any choice of Manila causes problems with landscape. Since I am not using the beta Rhodium I should still be getting the limited landscape Manila screen but I am not. for some reason when I rotate the screen, the manila rotates with it so it is as if i was still portrait but since I am not, the manila screen is off to the left a bit and any part that goes beyond the length of the landscape screen is just cut off. Does anyone know what I could have chosen or done to cause this? This rom is cooked almost perfect compared to my last eRice 6.5 1.07 experience (will not use that till its proven good, even then I still dislike the start menu for starters). I have used OEM Manila's from different kitchens and even then it still will not work right in landscape.

dodge_longhorn 05-18-2009 07:57 PM

Re: WM 6.1 21042 Kitchen

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM0001 (Post 922593)
Hey guys. I have an interesting problem. For some reason every rom I cook with any choice of Manila causes problems with landscape. Since I am not using the beta Rhodium I should still be getting the limited landscape Manila screen but I am not. for some reason when I rotate the screen, the manila rotates with it so it is as if i was still portrait but since I am not, the manila screen is off to the left a bit and any part that goes beyond the length of the landscape screen is just cut off. Does anyone know what I could have chosen or done to cause this? This rom is cooked almost perfect compared to my last eRice 6.5 1.07 experience (will not use that till its proven good, even then I still dislike the start menu for starters). I have used OEM Manila's from different kitchens and even then it still will not work right in landscape.

very interesting i used all the Manilas in this kitchen and never ran into this problem i even made my own OEM for tf3d2 and never had the problem very interesting i will try and cause this error is it possible if you can get the build list to see exactly what you added into your ROM

IM0001 05-18-2009 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ya its continuing to kinda piss me off lol. In landscape Manila is completely unusable. I have searched everywhere but besides the Rhodium Beta, is there any complete cab of the latest Reliable TP Manila 3D? I almost want to try just leaving it out and loading it afterwards if this doesn't end up working. Also I was getting it but now lost it, the battery icon in the Taskbar that had the icon and the #% there is now gone. What OEM had that in it. I have cooked at least 10 roms today and am starting to loose it lol.

dodge_longhorn 05-18-2009 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by IM0001 (Post 922805)
Ya its continuing to kinda piss me off lol. In landscape Manila is completely unusable. I have searched everywhere but besides the Rhodium Beta, is there any complete cab of the latest Reliable TP Manila 3D? I almost want to try just leaving it out and loading it afterwards if this doesn't end up working. Also I was getting it but now lost it, the battery icon in the Taskbar that had the icon and the #% there is now gone. What OEM had that in it. I have cooked at least 10 roms today and am starting to loose it lol.

lol i know what you mean in the mean time here try this as a manila and the two cabs in there u have to install when the phone is booted up or put it into your customization. the fix.cab is for the txt messaging and the contact.cab is for touch flow not to crash. the OEM folder needs to go in C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\USER_OEM
put the oem in that folder then you need to go to command prompt and go to the directory PPckitchen.org folder and type in attrib /s -s -r -h *.* and thats it then make your rom and see if it works while i go through the file.