PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

i am still having an issue with manila. i made a rom and the only item i selected was the one with the extra tabs and such. it works ok, but it restarts from time to time. one other note, i cannot get it to sync. if it would sync i would try to work with it a bit more, but i need my contacts and really don't want to enter them by hand. would it help if i went back to a previous build?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
I'm having problems. I have the Sprint TP and downloaded the 'herman' kitchen. It builds but when the ROM starts to load I get an error that says
"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Upgrade\raphael_RUU\R UU_signed.nbh"
I didn't download raphael since it's not the CDMA version. Do I need to?
quoting myself b/c I have more to add. Download the raphael stuff just in case and same result after building. Never had this problem before but first time trying the TP kitchen.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
I'm having problems. I have the Sprint TP and downloaded the 'herman' kitchen. It builds but when the ROM starts to load I get an error that says
"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Upgrade\raphael_RUU\R UU_signed.nbh"
I didn't download raphael since it's not the CDMA version. Do I need to?
Reinstall Buildos from a current .msi. You are missing the RUU folder for that device, and reinstalling is the easiest way to get it.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:06 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
i am still having an issue with manila. i made a rom and the only item i selected was the one with the extra tabs and such. it works ok, but it restarts from time to time. one other note, i cannot get it to sync. if it would sync i would try to work with it a bit more, but i need my contacts and really don't want to enter them by hand. would it help if i went back to a previous build?
No need to ever enter them by hand....use PIM backup or one of the many backup programs such as Dashwire etc.....
Old 12-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Lurker

evengrift is a n00b

Probably a noob problem, but after installing buildos and updating, for my raphael (Sprint HTC Touch Pro), the only carrier that shows up in the list is ATT? Anyway to fix this?
Old 12-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by evengrift View Post
Probably a noob problem, but after installing buildos and updating, for my raphael (Sprint HTC Touch Pro), the only carrier that shows up in the list is ATT? Anyway to fix this?
The Raphael update is GSM.. The Herman update is CDMA... Try updating with the Herman..
Old 12-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There appear to be some serious problems with the latest kitchen. I can't find much through extensive searches so I'm posting to see if anyone else if having similar problems. All work was performed on a 2-day old Sprint Touch Pro unlocked with HardSPL 0.37.

1. HTC YouTube does not work at all. Error: "The file 'YouTube' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found." I don't know if it's a signing problem or just a missing file (exe is there). I've tried 4-5 other installations (ranging from straight VGA, Diamond dump, YouTube QVGA + VGA skin, ghetto patching, and even a French one which works great except that the sound doesn't work). I tried cooking a very simple rom with just YouTube selected and still got the same error, as well as in built 20924 and 20755 (no change).

2. Audio Manager does not work in HTC Home - same error as above. I do not know if it's a missing DLL or a security issue yet. If it's not selected in the kitchen, same error appears AND TF3D errors out on the Sprint Music tab (whereas it works fine otherwise). I tried installing from a cab but got the same error.

3. Battery level is not displayed as a percentage in the stock power applet, neither 1% nor 5% makes a difference. The stock Sprint ROM had the percentage above the bar indicator. I even created an empty rom without any selections and the percentage is still missing.

4. Startup animation doesn't work unless its OEM is selected ("Startup Animation" in BOOT OPTIONS). This is the first time I've changed the animation because the Sprint one is actually a 320x240 GIF expanded to 640x480 --> grainy. Leaving it at 'Default' still overwrites the animation on the phone. The result is a black screen instead of an animation + a system error beep (for file not found I assume).

5. TF3D lags for 5 seconds on Internet tab. With just TF3D installed (meaning Manila - Sprint_Raphael) or with anything else, it takes a good 5sec for the Browser/Youtube/PPC icons to be rendered in the Internet tab. It's much quicker in the stock Sprint rom and nue's rom 217. 5 seconds is a pretty long time when waiting for the ability to open the browser.

That's not to say that the kitchen is bad. On the contrary, I'm very pleased with it and the rom's overall performance. I've cooked my roms since the Apache days and more recently my Mogul, which benefitted the most from removing bloadware. Anyway, I think that the resolution to the 5 points above would make the cooked rom's perfect IMO.

Thanks for reading!
Old 12-17-2008, 02:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

blankd3ckskat3r is just getting started

i have built several roms with this for my sprint touch pro using the latest build and my sms keeps telling me they havent been opened, oncei go into the threaded messaging nd scroll over the message, its no longer unread. any way to fix this? thanks.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
There appear to be some serious problems with the latest kitchen. I can't find much through extensive searches so I'm posting to see if anyone else if having similar problems. All work was performed on a 2-day old Sprint Touch Pro unlocked with HardSPL 0.37.

1. HTC YouTube does not work at all. Error: "The file 'YouTube' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found." I don't know if it's a signing problem or just a missing file (exe is there). I've tried 4-5 other installations (ranging from straight VGA, Diamond dump, YouTube QVGA + VGA skin, ghetto patching, and even a French one which works great except that the sound doesn't work). I tried cooking a very simple rom with just YouTube selected and still got the same error, as well as in built 20924 and 20755 (no change).

2. Audio Manager does not work in HTC Home - same error as above. I do not know if it's a missing DLL or a security issue yet. If it's not selected in the kitchen, same error appears AND TF3D errors out on the Sprint Music tab (whereas it works fine otherwise). I tried installing from a cab but got the same error.

3. Battery level is not displayed as a percentage in the stock power applet, neither 1% nor 5% makes a difference. The stock Sprint ROM had the percentage above the bar indicator. I even created an empty rom without any selections and the percentage is still missing.

4. Startup animation doesn't work unless its OEM is selected ("Startup Animation" in BOOT OPTIONS). This is the first time I've changed the animation because the Sprint one is actually a 320x240 GIF expanded to 640x480 --> grainy. Leaving it at 'Default' still overwrites the animation on the phone. The result is a black screen instead of an animation + a system error beep (for file not found I assume).

5. TF3D lags for 5 seconds on Internet tab. With just TF3D installed (meaning Manila - Sprint_Raphael) or with anything else, it takes a good 5sec for the Browser/Youtube/PPC icons to be rendered in the Internet tab. It's much quicker in the stock Sprint rom and nue's rom 217. 5 seconds is a pretty long time when waiting for the ability to open the browser.

That's not to say that the kitchen is bad. On the contrary, I'm very pleased with it and the rom's overall performance. I've cooked my roms since the Apache days and more recently my Mogul, which benefitted the most from removing bloadware. Anyway, I think that the resolution to the 5 points above would make the cooked rom's perfect IMO.

Thanks for reading!
I've flashed using the 20931 kitchen and can comment on 1 and 3.

HTC Youtube works fine. Never had a problem with it. Also the battery levels show 1% increments fine too. (now if I could only increase battery life, that would be a trick)

I'm not sure if that helps but #1 and #3 definitely work on my TP.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I've flashed using the 20931 kitchen and can comment on 1 and 3.

HTC Youtube works fine. Never had a problem with it. Also the battery levels show 1% increments fine too. (now if I could only increase battery life, that would be a trick)

I'm not sure if that helps but #1 and #3 definitely work on my TP.
Strange.. would you mind posting your project file so I can burn the same exact rom as you to test.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development