PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you look for in a ROM?
Custom images/sounds (Bootscreens) 0 0%
Large program content (Fully loaded rom) 4 8.70%
Minimal program content (light and quick rom) 11 23.91%
Stability (minimal freezing, speed tec) 29 63.04%
Other 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rose1
What attracts you guys to a rom?

I know that currently, there are 3 rom makers for the touch pro. Yay, JD and Hibby. Just wanted to know what makes you choose one rom over the others? Please share your thoughts here. Here's my thought, I like Yay's rom because I like the vista style start button. No one but yay has that out of the 3 rom makers. I like JD's custom animated HTC logo with sound when the phone boots up, and I like Hibbys transparent clock. He also has the custom HTC logo. It looks like Yay is the only one offering a bigger page pool as well. He also has sprint picmail in his rom. That's it for my thoughts. What are yours amd who's rom are you using at the moment and why
Old 11-10-2008, 08:11 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: What attracts you guys to a rom?

actually my rom has an old apple symobl for the start menu (for 1.3 on) and has a 36 MB page pool

Old 11-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
actually my rom has an old apple symobl for the start menu (for 1.3 on) and has a 36 MB page pool

Really? I missed that. Sorry. I will try it out now.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

For me it's all about improved stability and performance (speed, battery, etc.). Pre-included apps are all but irrelevant to me as I'll typically just install whatever I want. I usually end up not liking what others include anyway. And since I can customize the appearance myself, too, I prefer style choices not be built in. Everybody has different taste, and when someone "improves" stock with something that, to me at least, looks much uglier or loses functionality due to its "style," I don't like it.

Give me something that includes the stock apps (or doesn't make any of them unavailable to me), but runs faster, is more stable, uses less power, etc. while not cutting down on stock functionality and I'm happy. The only exception to this rule is when people like no2chem replace stock functions with ones that genuinely improve functionality of the phone without ruining the base functionality or aesthetic. Those are definite value-adds.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Thanks for the feedback guys. Just so you know, option number 4 on the poll should say Stability (Minimal freezing, speed etc) not tec
Old 11-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Zoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZoheb318 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think the rom maker's height, eyes, hair color, and build attracts me to them.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoheb318 View Post
I think the rom maker's height, eyes, hair color, and build attracts me to them.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

6' athletic build...brown hair...gray eyes...but does that have to di with my rom?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I really don't like comparison threads. It doesn't do any good to the chefs we have here, only bad if no one mentions them. In 3 days I tried all 3 ROMs and have made my choice. No reason why anyone else can't do the same if they want to find out which one is better for them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development