PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: How To Flash Your Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontouchmytouchpro View Post
i hear you out bud and i appreciate all of this...i just erased the mighty rom files...gonna start over now...so i dont even need the ruu file and just download the might rom and extract it...is that what your saying???...what is the ruu file for??
correct, you don't need the ruu file in the first post of this thread because the mighty rom comes with it, as do most custom roms. The ruu is the actual rom update utility. It's provided in the first post because sometimes (rarely) you will download a custom rom and it will just be an nbh file. Then you would have to follow the steps in post 1 and download the ruu and copy the nbh file into the ruu folder and crap.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dontouchmytouchpro is a n00b

well im tryin the might rom 4/r3born...does it come with the ruu file update already...is this a good rom??

Last edited by dontouchmytouchpro; 05-09-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:39 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
well im tryin the might rom 4/r3born...does it come with the ruu file update already...is this a good rom??
I already answered both of those questions. For the first question see my post right above yours. For your second question look at my instructions on previous page...here's a link to it http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=323
Old 05-09-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i know your getting annoyed by me....im getting annoyed at myself by now...i go to install the might rom and it just gives me a shortcut on the desktop, i right click on it and theres no extract option on the pop up menu?? or i cant find any other files on it any where???...i dunno what im doing wrong
Old 05-09-2009, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
i know your getting annoyed by me....im getting annoyed at myself by now...i go to install the might rom and it just gives me a shortcut on the desktop, i right click on it and theres no extract option on the pop up menu?? or i cant find any other files on it any where???...i dunno what im doing wrong
You must have downloaded the wrong thing somehow. What is the file name of the mighty rom you are downloading and show me the link where you are getting it from.

It's ok man....i'll help you figure it out.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

4r3born.rar its server 1 on the mighty rom 4/r3born thread...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67139
Old 05-09-2009, 10:23 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
4r3born.rar its server 1 on the mighty rom 4/r3born thread...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67139
ok...that's the right file. And you said earlier you know how to extract it, so you should be able to right click on that rar file and extract it. After you extract it, it will give you a folder named 4R3BORN with several files in it. In that folder you will have a file named Custom_RUU.exe. Thats the one you need to run and the flash process will begin.

You said earlier that you were sure you were extracting it. How were you doing it if you can't now?
Old 05-09-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i dont know...mayby i was extracting the ruu file...im killing mslef here....i dont know why i cant extract it now just for the reason that your saying i should be able to...what should i be downloading it on to?? ....desktop right....not my documents or anything like that...??? it just has open first tab ..if i click that it say to find the program that the file came from and i dont get any where after that?

Last edited by dontouchmytouchpro; 05-09-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:30 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
i dont know...mayby i was extracting the ruu file...im killing mslef here....i dont know why i cant extract it now just for the reason that your saying i should be able to
I told you earlier that you need a program called WinRar to extract it. I take it you don't have that. Just get it here real quick. It's the one at the top http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm
Old 05-09-2009, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

your a life saver...its downloading on my phone now....i never got that file...i am absolutly sorry man...i just thanked you in ever post you had on this page..i dont know if they counted or not but i tried...phone is rebooting now..this is great..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development