PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO

Credit goes to Chappy for the stock Sprint shipped Touch Pro rom here: http://rapidshare.com/files/16742399...p.exe.zip.html

His original post can be found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=73

Last edited by aceracer24; 11-26-2008 at 04:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sorry, I didn't realize it was a hot commodity. I've had this since before the phone was released.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:21 PM
VIP Member

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Sorry, I didn't realize it was a hot commodity. I've had this since before the phone was released.
Which raises the question if this rom includes those changes that supposedly took place before the phones released....
Old 11-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Almost a VIP

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is the shipped ROM that's on the device.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
This is the shipped ROM that's on the device.
Based on the rom version I agree. But it was never stated originally if those rom changes that had been done gave the rom a different version number or not. I am not sure if you are familiar with all that or not. If not, I can find the threads if you wanted.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Almost a VIP

I remember some of it, it was hard to keep up with. I do know that diamonds do have heat shields on them though

Just knowing how long it takes for a fix or update to roll out, I highly doubt they tested and implemented any sort of across the board fix in the short amount of time that's been proposed, unless it was hardware related.

No offense to the guy who was posting that info, as I'm sure he meant well, but the place he works at basically takes the phones from HTC, flashes our software onto them and puts them in the box. We have the same software he does, so if there was an across the board software change, it's in the ROM I uploaded.

Last edited by chappy; 11-26-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

lvdata is just getting started
Re: Stock rom links for cdma Touch PRO - warning

The ImCoKeMan's dumped rom does not seem to have the boot screen. I have been playing around with the PPC Kitchen, and for troubleshooting I needed to flash back to the stock rom. In the kitchen there are 3 screens, the Boot Screen, the animation screen, and the splash screen. I changed all three in the kitchen, then when I went back to the stock dumped rom, the boot screen is still the custom screen from the kitchen (the sweedish chef) along with the stock animation and splash screens. At this point I'd advise people using the kitchen to leave the boot screen on default and that should avoid overwriting the stock boot screen, if you need to return to a stock look for warrenty repair, ect. My phone worked find with it unlocked, ppckitchen boot screen, and the stocked dumped rom, I'd just be in trouble for warrenty issues. I now have a diffrent ppckitchen rom, and everything works well. I have not tried the new shipped exe so that one may or may not have the same problem.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Credit goes to Chappy for the stock Sprint shipped Touch Pro rom here: http://rapidshare.com/files/16742399...p.exe.zip.html

His original post can be found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=73
Why does it say Herman and not Raph?

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 11-28-2008, 02:27 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Why does it say Herman and not Raph?
Hermann was the Sprint name originally. Then Sprint decided to stick with Touch Pro. Raph was the original name that Verizon was going with. It's confusing I know but I installed this and it's correct and works perfectly. Be aware that when using the shipped roms (.exe) they will lock your phone back. So if you go custom again, you will need to unlock your phone again.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

deviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Hermann was the Sprint name originally. Then Sprint decided to stick with Touch Pro. Raph was the original name that Verizon was going with. It's confusing I know but I installed this and it's correct and works perfectly. Be aware that when using the shipped roms (.exe) they will lock your phone back. So if you go custom again, you will need to unlock your phone again.
I flashed this to my phone when I got it and then flashed right back to JD, Juggalo, and back to Y4J roms so I don't think it relocks your SPL. Maybe you just had a problem. I know with the mogul it was the same way, i could flash from a custom rom to a shipped exe and back to custom without ever having to worry about unlocking again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development