PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503)

TheSarge 08-15-2009 07:10 PM

Re: Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team

OK, so I'm a complete noob here. Got my Telus HTC Touch Pro back in March, but I only recently learned that I could flash it with a new OS.

Got the Hard SPL package, and I've got everything synched up with Office 2007 on Windows 7 and I'm ready to unlock it. One question, though: Will I need to get Telus do do anything so I can use the phone again once I have a new OS on it, or not?:scratch:

razorloves 08-15-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSarge (Post 1103660)
OK, so I'm a complete noob here. Got my Telus HTC Touch Pro back in March, but I only recently learned that I could flash it with a new OS.

Got the Hard SPL package, and I've got everything synched up with Office 2007 on Windows 7 and I'm ready to unlock it. One question, though: Will I need to get Telus do do anything so I can use the phone again once I have a new OS on it, or not?:scratch:

nope. it will work like normal after flashing a custom cdma touch pro rom.

taktikz 08-16-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1103598)
just put it into bootloader mode to see if it's already unlocked. unlocking it will not change any of the metro pcs settings or anything else with your rom.

it says that it's got version 37.000 on it... so i'm assuming its not unlocked??

razorloves 08-16-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taktikz (Post 1104215)
it says that it's got version 37.000 on it... so i'm assuming its not unlocked??

correct. that means it's locked. so, if you want to flash custom roms or diferent radios, then go ahead and unlock it.

taktikz 08-16-2009 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1104234)
correct. that means it's locked. so, if you want to flash custom roms or diferent radios, then go ahead and unlock it.

When updating the ROM, I get 602 Connection Error and I have to remove the battery and restart the phone. I tried starting my phone up in Bootload mode, but the computer doesn't detect it...

What else can I do?

razorloves 08-16-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taktikz (Post 1104340)
When updating the ROM, I get 602 Connection Error and I have to remove the battery and restart the phone. I tried starting my phone up in Bootload mode, but the computer doesn't detect it...

What else can I do?

i don't think there's any such thing as a 602 error, but try this. on your phone, click on Start-Settings-Connections-USB to PC, then uncheck the box under Activesync. Then hit ok. then try the unlocker again.

taktikz 08-16-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1104472)
i don't think there's any such thing as a 602 error, but try this. on your phone, click on Start-Settings-Connections-USB to PC, then uncheck the box under Activesync. Then hit ok. then try the unlocker again.

I've tried that with no luck....

Anything else?

razorloves 08-16-2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taktikz (Post 1104475)
I've tried that with no luck....

Anything else?

what exactly are you trying to do? earlier you said you're trying to flash a rom, but I just want to get clarification on what rom you're trying to flash or if you're just trying to run the unlocker. little confused.
also, it help to know what error number you're actually getting. i don't think there's a 602 error. i pointed out before but i guess you missed that.

taktikz 08-16-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1104526)
what exactly are you trying to do? earlier you said you're trying to flash a rom, but I just want to get clarification on what rom you're trying to flash or if you're just trying to run the unlocker. little confused.
also, it help to know what error number you're actually getting. i don't think there's a 602 error. i pointed out before but i guess you missed that.

I'm trying to install Mighty Rom by using the following instructions: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52695

I'll recheck the exact error code I'm getting...

taktikz 08-16-2009 02:33 PM

Tried on another computer and finally got it all to work... The only thing that I don't get is, when clicking on the .nbh file (pagepool_changer), the video tutorial says it should show up as "24", but mine showed up as "16".. I flashed it at "16" with no problems...until I realized the GUI looks different than the one in the video...
Can I go back and re-flash MightyRom6 with pagepool at "24"? Will this fix it?