PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like stability or the latest greatest build, even if it sacrifices stability?
Stability! 85 88.54%
Latest Greatest! 11 11.46%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

popssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Dev back, maybe) Just Works 6.1 21055 Rom - Simple, Effective, Fast, Reliable

The Just Works 6.1 21055 Rom

Windows 6.1 Professional 21055 build

UPDATED 7/24! Made a few changes to the skin, taskbar, and some other under the hood changes as well. Whole things running a little better since i reworked the kitchen i use to make this rom.
UPDATED 5/22! Added some settings and bits to fix the default Internet Browser manilla tab issue! See below for files and instructions!
UPDATED 5/6! Fixes to some of the small issues, adding Telus carrier rom!
UPDATED 4/26! Tweaks to fix the taskbar icon (thanks to tank)

This is a simple, easy to use and fast rom. This rom does not have any extra software, you put what you want on this rom, it comes with only the tools needed to be fast and efficient. (This means there is no browser included either. You choose which one works best for you and install it.)

It uses Manilla 1.2 with a sleek basic black skin. I know it is relatively unsophisticated, but I made this rom for myself and anyone who does NOT want the latest build of 6.5 (I have yet to find a single build of 6.5 that was truly as fast or as stable as it was billed to be). If you want the latest greatest, this is not the rom for you.

If you want a phone that works efficiently and does not crash, lag or break, this is the rom for you.

Credits and thanks go to Calkulin, as I am using his kitchen as a base(though discontinued). I have changed and added and subtracted things from it, but I couldn't have done anything without his work and a lot of help from many others!

I have made 3 roms for the time being, one for alltel (which I am still on), one for Sprint, and a generic carrier rom, for everyone else. All of the roms have a 24mb pagepool size, I have included the pagepool changer, so if you are installing for a verizon phone, you must decrease the pagepool to 6mb (i think, im not on verizon so i could be wrong). If you need help doing this, just let me know.

Please let me know if you like it, if you dont like it, suggestions, etc! If you would like a tweak or two for your own personal rom, just request it and I'll do my best to facilitate it. I'm not very good with themes, but I can probably help with custom programs, etc.

Alltel Rom 30 (UPDATED 7/24/10):
http://hotfile.com/dl/57288146/36a02...om_30.rar.html
Sprint Rom 30 (UPDATED 7/24/10):
http://hotfile.com/dl/57327912/60e64...om_30.rar.html
Telus Rom 28 (NEW 5/22/10):
http://hotfile.com/dl/44241157/8f2f1...om_28.rar.html
Generic Carrier Rom 30 (UPDATED 7/24/10):
http://hotfile.com/dl/57310946/f587b...om_30.rar.html
*NEW* MetroPCS Rom 28 (UPDATED 5/22/10):
http://hotfile.com/dl/44244356/78cab...om_28.rar.html
*NEW* No-Manila Sprint Rom 28 (UPDATED 5/25/10):
http://hotfile.com/dl/44598046/44004...om_28.rar.html
*NEW* No-Manila Sprint Rom 28 (UPDATED 6/9/10):
http://hotfile.com/dl/47358374/70d42...om_28.rar.html
>>These last two roms are for users that would like to use SPB mobile shell instead of Manila. Just install this rom, then install spb!<<

Included in this rom (and thanks to all the creators of said inclusions!):
tsowens 3.1.5
touchflo 3d 3.0.1914.3222.RW00
Juggalo_X manilla black hotness
manila engine 1.2.35348.2_1813.6
Album 3.0.1914.1129.0
Audio Booster
Mp3 Trimmer
PhoneCanvas 3.40.33475.0
PocketRAR 3.90
Facebook 1.1
AudioManager 1.2.409721
Adobe PDF 2.5.1.0.404840.03
hTorch Flashlight 3.2
Youtube 1.6.1911.3327.00
OEM 3D drivers
Rapid Charge Battery drivers

If you like it, dont forget to hit thanks! (and i wouldnt mind even if you didnt like it, just as a thanks for trying )

Use at your own risk. I have tested this rom quite a bit and have pretty good confidence in it (had it on my phone for 2 months continuously) but I am not responsible for any harm that comes to your phone as a result of using my roms. Your phone must be unlocked to use this.

*UPDATE TO FIX THE MANILA BROWSER TAB ISSUE!*
Ok, Install the desired browser in the default folder. Do not change where the files go, let the installer install ON the device, not on your storage card. Then download the file below that corresponds to the browser you installed. Unrar it, and place the file (InternetPortal-en-us.xml) into the /Application Data/Manila folder on your device. Soft reset, and you should be good to go!
Opera Mobile 10
http://hotfile.com/dl/44231110/fcf2f...0_Fix.rar.html
Skyfire 1.5
http://hotfile.com/dl/44235285/00e9d...5_fix.rar.html

Last edited by popssracer; 09-12-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: updated rom
This post has been thanked 30 times.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Just Works 6.1 21055 Rom - Simple, Effective, Fast, Reliable

Hey, I flashed the Sprint Rom real quick before I was flashing another and noticed an error on the Music tab. The popup says "The file 'AudioManager_eng' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

Other than that it seems very quick, snappy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

good to see im not the only person here that does belive that the bloated slow and unstable build called 6.5 and 6.5.x is not worth giving up a faster and more stable 6.1 (that can have beauty added to it)

the proof of my words in in my tp2 rom below (in my sig)

keep up the rom devlopment u are part of a dying breed!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

popssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefoxx View Post
Hey, I flashed the Sprint Rom real quick before I was flashing another and noticed an error on the Music tab. The popup says "The file 'AudioManager_eng' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

Other than that it seems very quick, snappy.

Dangit dangit dangit. Im aware of this problem, and I have a little program in the kitchen that fixes it, and somehow inbetween checking everything, saving and building it got unselected... I have NO idea how. I will rebuild, update and repost them in short order!! Many apologies!

*Edit: Reposted all 3 roms with fixed (hopefully) audiomanager. If anyone out there can give it a try and make sure its fixed, i would greatly appreciate it

Last edited by popssracer; 04-21-2010 at 01:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369

Quote:
Originally Posted by popssracer View Post
Dangit dangit dangit. Im aware of this problem, and I have a little program in the kitchen that fixes it, and somehow inbetween checking everything, saving and building it got unselected... I have NO idea how. I will rebuild, update and repost them in short order!! Many apologies!

*Edit: Reposted all 3 roms with fixed (hopefully) audiomanager. If anyone out there can give it a try and make sure its fixed, i would greatly appreciate it
Yea it all works
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 AM
N00b

DWhite456 is a n00b

The Internet tab and the bookmarks tab don't work for me.
I am using the Sprint rom
Old 04-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhite456 View Post
There isn't a browser installed. You'll have to install one for that to work. I'd give one of these a try.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...00#post5928300
Old 04-21-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhite456 View Post
Yep, as roguefoxx said, you must install one yourself. I left a browser out specifically because everyone seems to want a different one. Even within opera there are as many versions and betas that people prefer. I personally have Opera for most things and have skyfire installed as well in case opera cannot do something.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

hAvAAck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck

post some pics? I'm interested in trying it out
Old 04-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAvAAck View Post
post some pics? I'm interested in trying it out
It's the classic HTC look. Black classic slider, black background, white flip clock, green hover highlights etc etc...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
21055, 6.1, custom rom