PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like stability or the latest greatest build, even if it sacrifices stability?
Stability! 85 88.54%
Latest Greatest! 11 11.46%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

spiralspirit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Updated 5/6!!] Just Works 6.1 21055 Rom - Simple, Effective, Fast, Reliable

thanks! I'll take a look at the telus rom. question -> does this rom have the stealth tethering program or do I have to find that somewhere?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

popssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [Updated 5/6!!] Just Works 6.1 21055 Rom - Simple, Effective, Fast, Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralspirit View Post
thanks! I'll take a look at the telus rom. question -> does this rom have the stealth tethering program or do I have to find that somewhere?

Ok, threadstarter reveals himself to be a n00b time. What the heck is stealth teathering?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

Roguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRoguefoxx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmann View Post
Well, the only thing I would like to see at this point is a WM 6.5 version of the Just Works ROM... I've spent a couple weeks poking and prodding at Caulkin's Kitchen, but I can't find the package that keeps crashing the compiler. WM 6.5 seems to work fine with graphics acceleration in landscape mode, but none of the ROMs that work are anywhere near lightweight on resources like this one.

EDIT: Found out the Verizon Carrier cab is bonkers and that's what crashes Caulkin's kitchen when you compile.
You're not going to find a 6.5 Rom that's as lightweight as a 6.1 Rom. 6.5 is a heavier version of WM than 6.1 is, so it just doesn't exist.

For 6.1, this is probably the best Rom available right now. For a lightweight, no frills 6.5 Rom, swinnRom is the best out right now.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

tank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on reptank001 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by popssracer View Post
Ok, threadstarter reveals himself to be a n00b time. What the heck is stealth teathering?
spiralspirit Means Internet sharing that is set up so it uses your data connection and not "phone as modem" (PAM) settings check HERE post #76 or HERE post #6 just change "sprint" to which ever carrier you are using (or the name of your data connection in some generic Roms)

Last edited by tank001; 05-07-2010 at 12:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Overmann is just getting started
Talking Re: [Updated 5/6!!] Just Works 6.1 21055 Rom - Simple, Effective, Fast, Reliable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefoxx View Post
You're not going to find a 6.5 Rom that's as lightweight as a 6.1 Rom. 6.5 is a heavier version of WM than 6.1 is, so it just doesn't exist.

For 6.1, this is probably the best Rom available right now. For a lightweight, no frills 6.5 Rom, swinnRom is the best out right now.
Actually, I just got my custom ROM working. I stripped it down to the bare basics, got rid of all the useless window dressing, and it flies.

With a 16 MB PP I have 50-60 MB of RAM free on my Verizon Touch Pro. Usually I have 30-40 on just about every other WM 6.5 ROM I've tried. And I have YouTube. And MMS works. And Opera 10 (which has no performance problems whatsoever). etc etc and so forth.

HTC Touch Pro Superleggera!
Old 05-09-2010, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369

hey im just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this but is there a solution to the ezinput issue? I don't like finger keyboard i want the stock keyboard but it lags and is hard to get it to show on the screen (hard to explain) if you've tried it then maybe you know what i mean.. any ideas? thanks in advance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

popssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopssracer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineking369 View Post
hey im just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this but is there a solution to the ezinput issue? I don't like finger keyboard i want the stock keyboard but it lags and is hard to get it to show on the screen (hard to explain) if you've tried it then maybe you know what i mean.. any ideas? thanks in advance.
Im working on trying to figure out exactly whats going on with that, ill keep you posted on anything I find.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP CDMA
Carrier: Telus

bayardo2001 is a n00b

Thanks for uploading the telus ROM.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineking369 View Post

Working on an alternative to fingerkeyboard, gonna test it in the Stealth Roms I am about to upload. if you could check that out and let me know what you think, I'd appreciate it.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, im working on the stealth rom packages, and i have the alltel one about where i like it. Theres one catch, im hoping some of you other chefs can help me out here. Once TF3D loads, its the colors and theme i want, except for the top and bottom bars (start menu very very bottom) are black, and i have to go into settings:today and choose "allteltouchflo3d" theme, and then its perfect. Anyone know how to cook the rom so it does this automagically?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
21055, 6.1, custom rom