PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: None for this phone

ziptrx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [3/6/10] swinnROM 100306 6.5.5 23541 CLEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinn View Post
What code do you normally enter into the dialer to load epst? The shortcut is running ##778.
I've tried ##778, #778, ##778#, etc. EPST does not appear, and when ran from the shortcut there is a flash of white then nothing.

Quote:
I put ClearStorage back in and thanks for trying out my ROM.
I assume that ClearStorage will be in the next update? It's no problem, but thank you for working on a clean ROM.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nokia Lumia 920
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

swinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziptrx View Post
I've tried ##778, #778, ##778#, etc. EPST does not appear, and when ran from the shortcut there is a flash of white then nothing.

I assume that ClearStorage will be in the next update? It's no problem, but thank you for working on a clean ROM.
The epst dialer shortcuts won't work with the stock dialer which is why I added the control panel shortcut. The shortcut runs epst.exe ##778 which works for Sprint. Which carrier cab are you using?

Yes the next update will have ClearStorage back in it. If you need it before then I could cab it up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: None for this phone

ziptrx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinn View Post
The epst dialer shortcuts won't work with the stock dialer which is why I added the control panel shortcut. The shortcut runs epst.exe ##778 which works for Sprint. Which carrier cab are you using?
I completely forgot to install the Cricket carrier cab. Yey me. =D> Anyways have it working now, but the problem I have is when viewing the Modem Settings, the Preferred Serving System is stuck on Sprint Only and gives me the error "The "Preferred Serving System" is out of range". Any changes I make are not saved, but instead of being told to hit ok to reset the device; the device is shut off. It's been an ongoing problem with different ROMs. So who knows.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

swinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuffswinn knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziptrx View Post
I completely forgot to install the Cricket carrier cab. Yey me. =D> Anyways have it working now, but the problem I have is when viewing the Modem Settings, the Preferred Serving System is stuck on Sprint Only and gives me the error "The "Preferred Serving System" is out of range". Any changes I make are not saved, but instead of being told to hit ok to reset the device; the device is shut off. It's been an ongoing problem with different ROMs. So who knows.
I have that same problem with the modem settings. I tried an older version of epst.exe and it no longer gives the error and saves the changes. I'll include it in the next update as well.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

tltwelve is a n00b
Re: [ROM] [3/8/10] swinnROM 100308 6.5.5 23541 CLEAN

good attempt for a nice clean rom. but still a long road to go kid! 1 star for now=D>
Old 03-08-2010, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltwelve View Post
good attempt for a nice clean rom. but still a long road to go kid! 1 star for now=D>
What would you change/fix? Like I said above it is how I like it.. Windows Mobile and not much else.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SGH-T959D leaked 'Official' froyo
Carrier: Telus

Rabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuffRabid_Gypsy knows their stuff

Glad to see someone jumping up to help fill the void for us poor suckers stuck with this phone for now. I'm running someone else's goodness for now, but before the next update, I'll take this for a spin. I've thought about doing the same, but don't have the time to maintain anything public.

ROM: DarkRoot
Old 03-11-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM] [3/11/10] swinnROM 100311 6.5.5 23545 CLEAN

Updated to build 23545.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:30 PM
WTF
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

WTF is a n00b

Major problem...flashed rom...everything goes well, smooth, fast, awsome. USB to PC is not working whatsoever. I cant even flash to a new rom if I wanted to. My computer does not recognize my storage card either. Any recommendations. I am fresh out of ideas.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Major problem...flashed rom...everything goes well, smooth, fast, awsome. USB to PC is not working whatsoever. I cant even flash to a new rom if I wanted to. My computer does not recognize my storage card either. Any recommendations. I am fresh out of ideas.
So you are saying that:
1. ActiveSync no longer connects.
2. When you do connect the phone to your PC, it doesn't do anything (doesn't give you the choice between ActiveSync and USB).
3. If you plug the storage card directly into your PC using an adapter, it doesn't see it.

If #3, then I'd say the card has an issue.

I would enter the bootloader (turn off the phone; press and hold power and volume down until the tri-color screen appears) and plug the phone into the PC. The bootloader screen should change from Serial to USB when you do that. You should be able to flash a ROM.

I've not seen any issue with USB to PC here and I've flashed tons of variations of the ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development