PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Volume Control - Leave it in or trash it due to the inability to mute on ring.
Keep it 10 40.00%
Trash it 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 6.5
Carrier: Sprint

336mogul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122109 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Im DL the 122509 build now about to flash im doin the dance right now... Can someone tell me how to get my phone to ring louder? I really wud like it to ring louder... Thx in advance..
Old 12-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122109 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336mogul View Post
Im DL the 122509 build now about to flash im doin the dance right now... Can someone tell me how to get my phone to ring louder? I really wud like it to ring louder... Thx in advance..
There are some audio programs that may boost it, but wait till you finish set up and test it. Mine is LOUD.

If you think it still needs boosting try this cab, I've never used it but read that it works:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1256626765
Old 12-27-2009, 12:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

SoaringEagle is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Try this, turn the phone OFF completely. Hold the Volume Down and the center of the D-pad and the Power button until you get the message about a hard reset. Let go. It will prompt you to hit the Up volume button to hard reset.
Good luck.

EDIT: Sorry-Volume Down and Ceter of Dpad, THEN also Power button.
Thanks...that did the trick. ROM is reinstalling now!
Old 12-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 6.5

336mogul is a n00b

Quote:
There are some audio programs that may boost it, but wait till you finish set up and test it. Mine is LOUD.

If you think it still needs boosting try this cab, I've never used it but read that it works:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1256626765
A boss that link does not work....
Old 12-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336mogul View Post
A boss that link does not work....
Works for me just fine both in the original post and just now in the quote

Possible that your firewall or some other setting is blocking auto downloads?

Try this, go here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=69545

That is the Energy ROM attachment list. It's alphabetical. Scroll down to badboy8813%20Audio%20fix.cab
If THAT doesnt work, you aren't meant to have the cab jk. Lemme know.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:20 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

First off I want to say this is a sweet looking rom, I like the dark themes myself so this is up my alley, only issue (and I know this is not your fault as it's part of the taskbar) but the battery doesn't display the percentage of battery left, other than that I can't wait to give this a go, I appreciate your hard work on this.

Anyone else having issues with downloading the rom? I keep getting timeout issues and can't download it, is there any other mirrors to download this?
Old 12-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
First off I want to say this is a sweet looking rom, I like the dark themes myself so this is up my alley, only issue (and I know this is not your fault as it's part of the taskbar) but the battery doesn't display the percentage of battery left, other than that I can't wait to give this a go, I appreciate your hard work on this.

Anyone else having issues with downloading the rom? I keep getting timeout issues and can't download it, is there any other mirrors to download this?
Hotfile can be tricky sometimes, the chef has requested no public mirrors, he updates frequently and it can cause headaches when it comes time to answer questions.
I personally have never had an issue but I've read that cleaning out your cookies/cache/etc can help, some have even rebooted their PC to handle the issue.
If it dont go, PM me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamvt View Post
I'm running the SKIROM_Sense_2.1_Build_122509.

Every time Opera 10 is launched, it goes to locahost/home - how can I set this to my default page?

Also, can someone help me disable the auto corret/spell feature from the Full Qwerty keyboard in ABC mode. I remember there was a config app; but I can't locate it in the System folder anymore.

Thank you!
Quote:
Google gave me this:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...93&postcount=5

I HAVE NOT TESTED IT. As my sig says I'm not on that version right now, but I'd be happy to test it later for you, just cant flash at the moment.
I did pull that manila file from my ROM and it has different data and I dont have that issue.
OK, I flashed to Sense 2.1 (friggen awesome!!!) and tested that manila file and it does work. The OP in that thread wrote the file so Opera would open to google. It works. If you havent already, follow that link and the instructions-easy. Your browser will now open to google.com.
Just in case I will try to re-write it to about:blank and see if that works. I'm sure ahuskins will have it squared away in the next update. Lemme know if you have any issues.

EDIT: Here's another option, I wrote this file so the Browser would open to about:blank, little cleaner, little quicker than the error that was occurring.
So same instructions, open the zip, copy the manila file to windows, overwrite if prompted. It's a good idea to soft reset but I didnt have to with either the google file or my blank file.
Hope that helps.
blankhomepage.zip

EDIT2:Trying one more thing to get it to open to the Speed Dial page like it's supposed to, will edit this post......

EDIT3:OK so my idea didnt work as planned, I copied the manila file from MaxDusk and while it got rid of the localhost/home error it also took out the globe icon and only opened the browser to htc.com. No difference between the two options already posted-google.com and a blank page.
Like I said this is just a band-aid till ahuskins addresses it.

Quote:
Try this, turn the phone OFF completely. Hold the Volume Down and the center of the D-pad and the Power button until you get the message about a hard reset. Let go. It will prompt you to hit the Up volume button to hard reset.
Good luck.

EDIT: Sorry-Volume Down and Ceter of Dpad, THEN also Power button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringEagle View Post
Thanks...that did the trick. ROM is reinstalling now!
Sweet!

Last edited by iknowsquat; 12-27-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor

i am getting a message saying the update utility cannot be used to update your phone...wtf?? yes it is unlocked.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache Mogul Vogue TP TP2 EVO4G
Carrier: Cricket $30 unlimited with Data 80KB down 120K up

morbidj is keeping up the good workmorbidj is keeping up the good work

Props to the chef, this ROM is the Shcizzle!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
manila 2.5, rom, skirom, wm6.5.3