PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 08:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

Old 01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - ALL Carriers inc USCC - Jan 13 09

That would be the Compact manila I have to work on.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

jimk16 is a n00b

how does this rom run on verizon touch pro's? Is there the normal out of memory issue?
Old 01-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: bell

tb5... is keeping up the good worktb5... is keeping up the good work

the compact version is really nice... smooth as helllll
but ya that issue with images overlappping on screen sucks...

can't wait to see the progress on this one...
Old 01-14-2010, 10:26 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

After trying everything to get iDialer working I think I know what the issue is.
It will call using the phone dialer from the app so the app appears to be working.
Now the problem is when the app tries to connect to Google server to make Google voice calls.
Unless I am wrong it uses pocket IE to to log into Google and I think the new IE is not compatible with this app.
Unless the app gets updated to work with the new IE it won't work.
This is all guess work because I do not know much about the app.

OneDialer works perfect but does not depend on pocket IE and is not free.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimk16 View Post
how does this rom run on verizon touch pro's? Is there the normal out of memory issue?
um...."this ROM"? You do realize you've stumbled across Robo Chef's thread, right? Dude has A LOT of ROM's

Any of root's servings will work on Verizon but IMO your best bet for your gimped phone is one of the Sense 2.1 ROMS. It's smaller/lighter than the Sense 2.5 ROMs and it is extremely fast, stable, and....oh yeah-AWESOME!

As I usually say...Bro, you gotta Flash To Find Out! Just do it! You wont be sorry.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:57 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

Google Voice

Ok found a free Google Voice dialer.

GoVoMO

Quote:
Been working on a Google Voice Dialer for WinMo 5+.
GoVoMo
No Data plan required. (Uses dial method)
Based on HTC "Black" dialer.

Integrates with contacts...Displays the contact picture and FileAs entry with your google number when connected.

One click GOOG-411.
PocketPC only (touchscreen Professional)
Adds Icon to Today Screen/Desktop tray for one click access.
Free
Quote:
Note: Some reports of "not working"...If you click on GoVoMo.exe and the tray\today icon does not appear start Client.exe located in your install folder.
I had this problem so I created a shortcut in the programs folder for Client.exe
From Pocket Explorer browse to the install directory.
Click and hold the Client.exe.
From the popup menu choose to copy shortcut to programs.

Now it will be on the start menu.

Tested and working here with no problems.

Original thread Here

I may cook this in for next builds.

Someone cabbed up a version with the shortcut fixed.
I have not tried it yet as I was going to fix the cab myself.
Let me know if you try it.
GoVoMoVGA.cab Original file.
GoVoMoVGA.Client.cab Shortcut fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: cab GoVoMoVGA.cab (338.9 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab GoVoMoVGA.Client.cab (338.8 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by rootlinux; 01-14-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:13 PM
The Rootinator
Threadstarter

To use GoVoMO

Here is a small tut

Enter your Google number and pin on the Settings screen.
Hit ok.

No either hit contacts and click a contact from your list or manually enter a phone number.
I like to hit the small " cell " icon on the small display to turn on speaker phone.
Then once it says ready on the display, click the " ok " button or center button on the Dpad to start the call.
It will call Google voice and you will hear the on screen prompts.
Do not enter anything when it asks because the app will do it all for you.

That is how it works my friends.
Google Voice problem solved.

Unlike the other GV apps this one doesn't have the annoying feature of it calling you and you needed to answer before it calls the number you want to call.
This one goes right to Google and does the work for you.
Gotta love that.

Last edited by rootlinux; 01-14-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:23 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

How the he77 do you remember all this stuff from yesterday? flippen unreal, 1/2 the time I can't remember my dogs name...

Also, how the he77 did you get a google voice number in 24 hours? U MUST be borrowing someone elses?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Trantastic is a n00b

I am currently running MaxDarkRootCombo0112_28011 and everything is amazing except for one thing. The screen periodically shuts off on it's own during texting and while getting texts. You can barely see the screen when it "shuts off" and when you hit the power button to turn on/off again it won't do anything. This last in and out for about a good 3-5 minutes. I can soft reset the phone and it will go away for a good part of the day but it seems to be happening on a consistent basis. I tried a hard reset and no luck. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem or if it's a sign that my phone is gonna go tits up soon....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium