PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What rom are you running
RootRom Standard Sense 2.5 81 23.55%
RootRom Sense 2.1 46 13.37%
DarkRoot Sense 2.5 32 9.30%
MaxDarkRoot Sense 2.5 33 9.59%
MaxDarkRootCombo Sense 2.5 117 34.01%
Titanuim Root 38 11.05%
Ninja Rom TF3D 2.1 13 3.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 08 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocket1981 View Post
Unless you find me a solution to the question I already asked on some forums... When it is cooked in, you cannot uninstall it and if you want to install another version, it fails and even the original version cooked in fails to launch after that. Can you give me a way to uninstall it when cooked in?? I'm not cooking so I don't know much about the whole process and what can be done or not but what I heard is that the components cooked in cannot be uninstalled. Maybe I'm wrong??
While I'm not near the chef Root is, from my understanding, you are correct. What's cooked in can't be removed. Sounds like a valid enough reason to leave it out. Thanks
Old 03-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: alltel

lordrabbit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] ROOTROM - Sense 2.1/2.5 Landscape - SMS/MMS - Sashimi Compliant - Mar 08 2

i cant seem to find the weather location fix or details about it in the 1st post. i guess im blind lol, sorry. (if it is the rootlinux fix.cab, it didnt work for me) i flash danced, changed my radio, installed cons v5 cab and still nothing. although my gps fix on google maps is much much faster since the radio change. all in all, this is a BEAUTIFUL rom (maxdarkrootcombo). it is by far one of the best that i have seen in a long time. i have an alltel tp on verizons network
Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

oranges311 is just getting started

hey does anyone know why i cant adjust my backlight settings on the redrum rom? i chamge it in the backlight settings but it just goes back to 10 everytime a few mins later. thanks guys
Old 03-10-2010, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Bell

Boogie1979 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocket1981 View Post
Unless you find me a solution to the question I already asked on some forums... When it is cooked in, you cannot uninstall it and if you want to install another version, it fails and even the original version cooked in fails to launch after that. Can you give me a way to uninstall it when cooked in?? I'm not cooking so I don't know much about the whole process and what can be done or not but what I heard is that the components cooked in cannot be uninstalled. Maybe I'm wrong??
Well i have not found any problems with the version i posted besides some help file not being there.

I guess the old saying of if its not broken why fix it?

You do have a point about not being able to uninstall cooked software though. I could see that being an issue with software like browsers. Software that consistently is changing with different material that may come up on the internet.

my 2 cents.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges311 View Post
hey does anyone know why i cant adjust my backlight settings on the redrum rom? i chamge it in the backlight settings but it just goes back to 10 everytime a few mins later. thanks guys
root included G-Light into the ROM and said it may be having unintended effects. Play with the settings within the program and if that doesnt work just do like I did and disable it then set your WM backlight to Auto.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:01 AM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges311 View Post
Try with G-Light Dim backlight to level 2 save options and close the app with "X" not exit and every time if you made soft reset and turn off you will have to make the same!

Last edited by jdm627; 03-11-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

oranges311 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
root included G-Light into the ROM and said it may be having unintended effects. Play with the settings within the program and if that doesnt work just do like I did and disable it then set your WM backlight to Auto.
thanks man that worked but i had my phone on for 3 hours and went from full battery to 10% with the redrum rom so im gonna try out the decorom
Old 03-11-2010, 12:57 AM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ArkSwitch
Attached Files
File Type: cab ArkSwitch_v1_1_2.CAB (69.0 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bow_hunt2005 is a n00b

will there b another rootrom update or did the decorom replace it now?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

rkclark is becoming a great contributor

did you start getting slots free instead of free memory using this version? trying to figure out if this is a version or setting issue, cannot find a setting.
I like adding the dusk theme to ark to match duskrom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
rom, rootrom, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, titanium